SK.net Exclusive Interview: The Idea of Evil

Walter

Administrator
Staff member
Idea of Evil to Participate in Public Interview: March 31, 2004

SK.net brings you the most exclusive information at the cutting edge of today's world. To add to our reputation, we have reserved an interview with the God of the Abyss itself (herself?), The Idea of Evil!

Hot on the trail of Idea's previous interview with Griffith, Idea is making a world tour. And as much as we speculate on this board, we here at SK.net figured why not just cut to the heart of the matter and ask it (her?) some recurring questions ourselves? The Idea will respond to just about any question, but it (she?) has reserved the right to refrain from comment.

If you would like to participate in this interview just post your question and the Idea will respond by Wednesday March 31, 2004. Late submissions are not welcome, as it (she?) is extremely busy mixing blood and bone and whatnot.

The Idea of Evil's previously released interview footage can be viewed here.

Lauralana

That's Hot
Sparnage said:
If I ask a stupid question will it fuck my fate up from then on?

HAHA...i think that maybe why no one else has asked a question. I sure had to think twice b4 asking this.... :D. It's stupid but oh well.....

Q: Since u are the Idea of Evil and u are the result of human desires, why is it that u shape fate only to reflect the evil desires of man? And why is it that there is no "Idea of Good" that would counteract, or add more balance to the world?

Or are these notions that are beyond human knowledge/understanding?

nir085

Horse and Armor
In the sk.net encyclopedia (I don't remember which one), it said that Joachim's fate was tied to that of the Behelit-Apostles, but when did this happen? I don't remember the Behelit-Apostle having anything to do with Joachim except for the time he saved him.

At the end of one of the more recent volumes, Rakshas was about to shoot Griffith or something, but then the volume ended on a cliffhanger. I thought Rakshas was going to make a pitiful attempt to take Griffith's life for whatever reason but apparently that did not happen. Did I totally miss something or does that just mean we are going to see Mule's dead body in volume 27?

Walter

Administrator
Staff member
Shit, it's (she's?) already descended to Earth... Time's running out. Final questions?

Appease your god.

1. Is there any way for our dead souls to not end up in a eternity of dispear in nothing aside being an apostle or something related?

2. Why do you hate me?

DarkBlademaster

Jesus cries when he looks at me.
Sparnage said:
1. Is there any way for our dead souls to not end up in a eternity of dispear in nothing aside being an apostle or something related?

2. Why do you hate me?

3. Do you like chocolate?

nir085

Horse and Armor
Before Mule pledged his services to Griffith, there were a bunch of spirits gathered around Griffith waiting to depart. If this can happen, is there any possibility of the Hawks members somehow returning as apparitions?

Also (sorry, can't shut up), you were the one speaking in the last anime episode right? Because I didn't see him in the credits.

Idea

It is truly the will that defines human nature
Welcome, Humans. I am the Idea. The desired God. The Idea of Evil. I always appreciate the opportunity to speak to my children. I feel the echoes of weariness in the audience. Let's all stand up now and S-T-R-R-R-E-T-C-H! There, now doesn't that feel better? Relieving stress is an important part of tapping into your inner consciousness, the altar of my existence.

Each day that passes, each decision that's made are seeds planted for the future realization of the Human will. Each one of you plays an important role in the creation of a spiritual utopia in the corporeal construct, built from the bliss of pain.

In the front row there, you. I remember well your first question.

Lauralana said:
Q: Since u are the Idea of Evil and u are the result of human desires, why is it that u shape fate only to reflect the evil desires of man?
I create that which is intrinsically desired by the mass consciousness of humanity. I actualize the mass sum of my children's desires. Would you deny and pick apart the millions of wills that go against your own? The dream desired by man is by no means a private utopia. It is an open forum that displays and acts out the rise and fall of man's will.

And why is it that there is no "Idea of Good" that would counteract, or add more balance to the world?
The natural balance of this world is in the process of being quelled. This balance that you desire, this hypothetical "Good" was accounted for in the moment of my birth and will be absorbed into the whole of the pattern I am weaving.

Already it is happening... A great witch has fallen. Struggling for a milennium against my hold on her kind, she accumulated vast knowledge of the ancient Sages. But knowledge alone is not enough to break free from the spiral. Could you ask her now, she would agree. Her life and death faciliated a great purpose for the whole of the pattern.

I seem to be out of water. Could my hired assistant fetch me a bottle? It's beautiful here in the corporeal world. Let us go out for a brief time, for pleasure. While I am away, I will accept more questions, regardless of the terms of my contract. Your kind interests me and it is my will, reflecting your will, to stay a bit longer here in this amalgamation of egos that is the web of residual dreams.

If humans have made you then it would also mean the larger the population grows as new souls are concieved in the world (unless they exist before we are born) the more powerful you become, does this mean that as the idea of evil grows, the closer earth is heading closer to certain destruction every day?

If humans didnt desire meaning of reason then would you not exist or is it more of a metaphor for what you would inevitably become once numerious self aware beings come to existence?

How am i going to die? Is it going to be painful?

Unlike the godhand you probably knew that Guts was going to survive the eclipse and start bumping of apostles, if this the act of good and evil trying to balance or sort itself in the world, it would be right to presume that you personally support this action even though you generally lean towards evil in the world, or am i wrong?
Is this the good that wasnt totally absorbed in the pattern you are weaving?

Where do the four invisible lords of north, south east and west fit into the picture, and what power positions do they have compared to you? (refered to by Scherkie as she is protecting the vatican) They dont seem to have the same evil intentions that you do.

Idea

Ahh, that was a refreshing recess! I would like to thank the skullknight.net staff for the hotel accomodations and other various arrangements made for this interview. I will be taking questions today. Let us get down to business, shall we?

As I talk with you my children, I realize that you are all bound within the limited perspectives of "Berserk". I realize this is the means by which you learn of the world I rule, but I would like you to all look further. The characters in "Berserk" particular the protagonist are merely a facet of the whole of the pattern. I implore all of you to seek further, taking in all the implications of Causality.

Onto the questions. You there in the back, the rowdy one being restrained by security. Release her and allow her to speak.

SKuLL LaRD said:
QUESTION: BOXERS OR BRIEFS?!?!?1/1/1!
Hahaha! Guards...

Yes, well... next question please.

Aconyro said:
What happens if I refuse the fate you wish of me and I make my own?
Be... as you will. Your will is inevitably my will, and vice versa. Besides how would you know your "fate"? Do you think I would allow a little bird to perch on your shoulder with all the secrets of the universe? Even if I did, how could you know whether or not you were being led in the direction of my choosing? Several of my most important children have spent their entire lives discovering their purpose in the great pattern. Could you truly discard it after seeking it out your entire life?

Sparnage said:
Souls inhabiting the bodies of those who transcend the Human Plane onto the borders of the Astral plane, such as those you know as witches and wizards have been known to escape the descendance into The Abyss. For those entrapped within the Human World though, their ultimate destination is sealed.

nir085 said:
Before Mule pledged his services to Griffith, there were a bunch of spirits gathered around Griffith waiting to depart. If this can happen, is there any possibility of the Hawks members somehow returning as apparitions?
As my Child spoke at that same incident, departed souls will gather around a great spiritual force only for a brief time before inevitably being absorbed into The Abyss. The short answer to your question is no. The original "Hawks" souls have been churning along in The Abyss for over three years now.

Sparnage said:
If humans have made you then it would also mean the larger the population grows as new souls are concieved in the world (unless they exist before we are born) the more powerful you become, does this mean that as the idea of evil grows, the closer earth is heading closer to certain destruction every day
Human numbers increase based on my Will to enable their desire. Your dream girl that you'll end up with? This is all a part of the pattern. As for hastening this hypothetical "doomsday" you are asking about, all is going according to plan. As I control the rate of humanity's growth, so do I also control the timing for the execution of its and my Will.

Unlike the godhand you probably knew that Guts was going to survive the eclipse and start bumping of apostles, if this the act of good and evil trying to balance or sort itself in the world, it would be right to presume that you personally support this action even though you generally lean towards evil in the world, or am i wrong?
The slaughtering of lives, apostle or otherwise is percieved as "Good"? You place far too much weight on your "Guts". He is a small part of the pattern, insignificant next to my Child the Hawk. I understand he is the protagonist of "Berserk" which is the medium for the story of the world I rule, but you must free your minds from its narrow constraints. "Guts" is a small player in the great pattern. His meaning is only drawn from his relation to my Child the Hawk.

Is this the good that wasnt totally absorbed in the pattern you are weaving?
I was referring to the natural Magic that has existed in this world long before my birth. Allow me to repeat myself: It is being absorbed into the pattern. There are only ancient remnants of milenniums of lore around that are still outside my influence, and even those have been calculated for. Exceptions are still allotted for in the equasion of Causality.

Where do the four invisible lords of north, south east and west fit into the picture, and what power positions do they have compared to you? (refered to by Scherkie as she is protecting the vatican) They dont seem to have the same evil intentions that you do.
The four Kings of the World are merely the astral projections of the four elements intrinsic to the natural world. Older than me, older than even humanity itself, they are hopelessly bound by the grimoires of ancient magic rites to the will of humans. They are the tools of a tool. They are not even conscious, though because of the power of Will that binds the Astral and Human worlds together, they respond to emotion and the dedication of spirit. These are also the powers that birthed me. More powerful than me? Please...

Next question please. Ah, a name and face very close to me.

Griffith said:
Hey, what happened a thousand years ago, d00d?

-Griffith

An excellent question. Coming from the apparition of my Child the Hawk, I would expect nothing less.

Over 1000 years ago there was only one world, the Astral. With the rise of ego in humanity through the use of communication and the creation of tools and machinery, humans living within the Astral world desired more control over their own world; a humble, safe existence with more permeance. Reacting to this Will, over time the Astral world slowly cracked down the center to allow for the Human World. But this split birthed only more innate problems.

Humanity, in its greed, enslaved the vast, universal powers of the Astral Gods and chained them to its Will. Responding to the rampant chaos of the times, one man willed a worldwide order across the spectrum of the Human World by utilizing the Astral forces, creating an unstoppable army capable of quelling any rebellion. But the fruits of greed dominant in the Human Will were unsatisfied.

Responding to the growing dissatisfaction of the polar split, forces within the Astral plane and the Human plane conspired. Through the labors of one wizard and the sacrifice of an empire, the power of Will that binds the worlds together gave birth to the Ideal world, empowered by the desires of Humans. I was given form as the Heart of this world's desires. Acting as an agent of my will, I dubbed this wizard my first Child and sent him forth to assemble the Hand that would in the future, actualize the Human Will.

The Idea of Evil said:
Human numbers increase based on my Will to enable their desire. Your dream girl that you'll end up with? This is all a part of the pattern. As for hastening this hypothetical "doomsday" you are asking about, all is going according to plan. As I control the rate of humanity's growth, so do I also control the timing for the execution of its and my Will.

But if your will and their will are bound and one you are making no sense here. I sense a malfunction in the concept of your machinations over here. Elaborate to fix it for your answer bellow, bellow is really fascinating.

The Idea of Evil said:
The four Kings of the World are merely the astral projections of the four elements intrinsic to the natural world. Older than me, older than even humanity itself, they are hopelessly bound by the grimoires of ancient magic rites to the will of humans. They are the tools of a tool.
A tool you can break it. Can you do this to these guys?

The Idea of Evil said:
Over 1000 years ago there was only one world, the Astral. With the rise of ego in humanity through the use of communication and the creation of tools and machinery, humans living within the Astral world desired more control over their own world; a humble, safe existence with more permeance. Reacting to this Will, over time the Astral world slowly cracked down the center to allow for the Human World. But this split birthed only more innate problems.

Humanity, in its greed, enslaved the vast, universal powers of the Astral Gods and chained them to its Will. Responding to the rampant chaos of the times, one man willed a worldwide order across the spectrum of the Human World by utilizing the Astral forces, creating an unstoppable army capable of quelling any rebellion. But the fruits of greed dominant in the Human Will were unsatisfied.

Responding to the growing dissatisfaction of the polar split, forces within the Astral plane and the Human plane conspired. Through the labors of one wizard and the sacrifice of an empire, the power of Will that binds the worlds together gave birth to the Ideal world, empowered by the desires of Humans. I was given form as the Heart of this world's desires. Acting as an agent of my will, I dubbed this wizard my first Child and sent him forth to assemble the Hand that would in the future, actualize the Human Will.

Fascinating. Anyway allow me a question. So what is it with religion and the banning of magic and most importantly why, according to your explanation of things above.

DarkBlademaster

Jesus cries when he looks at me.
xechnao said:
But if your will and their will are bound and one you are making no sense here. I sense a malfunction in the concept of your machinations over here.

Jesus fucking Christ. Can you hold yourself back just one fucking time?

nir085

Horse and Armor
The Idea of Evil said:
As I talk with you my children, I realize that you are all bound within the limited perspectives of "Berserk". I realize this is the means by which you learn of the world I rule, but I would like you to all look further. The characters in "Berserk" particular the protagonist are merely a facet of the whole of the pattern. I implore all of you to seek further, taking in all the implications of Causality.
As causality dictates, you are right and I am wrong. I misunderstood the purpose of this thread, but thanks for the answers you have given us so far, Idea-sama.

I have another question, but it is neither about causality or the "Berserk" world. Are your reservations in the SK hotel permanent? Right now the Ganishka/Griffith speculation is fresh on my mind so I can't think up any good questions with my low-level human mind, but when a chapter that heavily focuses on causality comes out that is bound to change. Basically what I'm trying to ask is if your thread will be pinned permanently?

roberto999

The Black Chick of Darkness
The First of Buffy the vampire slayer fame and You are related or are just old schoolmates?
;D

P.s, I am not late on the deadline, I am just in an another temporal continuum

:p

Idea

xechnao said:
But if your will and their will are bound and one you are making no sense here. I sense a malfunction in the concept of your machinations over here.
The Will I govern and in turn am governed by is the subconscious desire of humans. Of course, a common logical-trap some of my children fall into is "is my will truly my own?" The answer is that you are mistaking one individual's will for The Will. My purpose is to realize the Will of humanity's mass subconsciousness. The will I am governed by is "a common consciousness that transcends individuality." While one or two persons might disagree with The Will, at the heart of the masses, there is a similar desire. Thus I exist.

Elaborate to fix it for your answer
Fix? Your words are humorously brash for a human. You would dictate orders to a God?

A tool you can break it. Can you do this to these guys?Fascinating.
Have I the power or even the will to "break" the foundations of natural Magic? No. But that is similar to asking me to "break the wind." Pun intended.

The natural world is tied to the elements. They are still inherently "tools" of humankind's magic, however they are not tools in and of themselves; only in application to the corporeal world.

Anyway allow me a question. So what is it with religion and the banning of magic and most importantly why, according to your explanation of things above.
Religion, as humans commonly and objectively come to realize, is a practical means of control. It has the power to drive the Will of the masses. Religion ties nearly all knowledge of the world to one doctrine for the purpose of limiting and controling possible radicals that could grow from the complex equasion of Causality.

Magic is an older and previously more powerful force than myself and is thus difficult to absorb into my pattern. The shunning of magic users and scholars of natural phenomena, as mandated by the Holy See, strengthens the barriers that seperate the three worlds: Human, Astral and Ideal. This too, oils the cogs of Causality. Besides, a force as potentially explosive as magic must be controlled in an environment beyond the corporeal world.

Smith said:
Here is a question:

Is there any way to destroy you?

Rather on the nose, aren't we? That is admirable. Hmm, find a method of supressing humanity's existential conflict. Or find a method that could temporarily halt anger, hate, jealousy and primal rage. I would be a God without fuel. Alternately, one could sever my ties to the corporeal world through the use of natural magic banishment. However, in all of these cases, you would have several generations ahead of you before my strings would be compeltely severed.

nir085 said:
Are your reservations in the SK hotel permanent? ... Basically what I'm trying to ask is if your thread will be pinned permanently?
I am at perpetual audience with your subconscious mind. I am merely a hypnosis or existential plane transcendance away.

The Idea of Evil said:
The Will I govern and in turn am governed by is the subconscious desire of humans. Of course, a common logical-trap some of my children fall into is "is my will truly my own?" The answer is that you are mistaking one individual's will for The Will. My purpose is to realize the Will of humanity's mass subconsciousness. The will I am governed by is "a common consciousness that transcends individuality." While one or two persons might disagree with The Will, at the heart of the masses, there is a similar desire. Thus I exist.

The natural world is tied to the elements. They are still inherently "tools" of humankind's magic, however they are not tools in and of themselves; only in application to the corporeal world.
I am buying it. :)

The Idea of Evil said:
Religion, as humans commonly and objectively come to realize, is a practical means of control. It has the power to drive the Will of the masses. Religion ties nearly all knowledge of the world to one doctrine for the purpose of limiting and controling possible radicals that could grow from the complex equasion of Causality.

Magic is an older and previously more powerful force than myself and is thus difficult to absorb into my pattern. The shunning of magic users and scholars of natural phenomena, as mandated by the Holy See, strengthens the barriers that seperate the three worlds: Human, Astral and Ideal. This too, oils the cogs of Causality. Besides, a force as potentially explosive as magic must be controlled in an environment beyond the corporeal world.
So you are afraid after all while at the same time humans are conserved afraid of losing you.

The Idea of Evil said:
Rather on the nose, aren't we? That is admirable. Hmm, find a method of supressing humanity's existential conflict. Or find a method that could temporarily halt anger, hate, jealousy and primal rage. I would be a God without fuel. Alternately, one could sever my ties to the corporeal world through the use of natural magic banishment. However, in all of these cases, you would have several generations ahead of you before my strings would be compeltely severed.

Skullknight, Flora and Shielke (and maybe Farnese) are on their way against your ass. With the help of a couple of special humans as a catalyzer for the need of goodwill in the place of hate and they might be able to ban your strings and yourself in one generation(hehe, no more bejelits :p).
Those humans are special because they are in the interstice.
Although I am afraid, to make it really work in one generation they will have to severe the ties of the astral and corporeal world. This means that also magic users could lose their abilities and also Guts and Caska pass from the interstice to the corporeal world only.
All this if it works out of course. I am correct in my assumptions?

Top Bottom