SK Net Pets

turkitage

ターク
Aphasia said:
Here's my baby dumpster. He is basking in the fall sunlight and blends in perfectly with the leaves. His name is dumpster because we found him trapped underneath a heavy dumpster, which had to be lifted to save his little kitty life. : O He now lives with us and roams the neighborhood for fun. He's also a Maine Coon, which I believe is also america's first original cat breed. : D

That is one cool cat!! Enjoying life to it's fullest!! Glad he was saved.

Aphasia

ALL MYSTERIES MUST BE SOLVED
turkitage said:
That is one cool cat!! Enjoying life to it's fullest!! Glad he was saved.

Thanks! Me too. : O In fact, your Zig Zag looks like he's a Maine Coon! or, maybe he has some Maine Coon in him? His hair is shorter than a Coon's usually is, I think. Awfully cute. Our cats sure know how to kick back. They also have a feint black "M" Marking on their forehead, for Maine Coon I guess. Or Majinn buu if you're a Dragon Ball Head. : P

awwwwwww Dumpster is sooo cute!!
That pose of Zig Zag is cute too ^^ it's very funny when they decide to sleep in those awkward positions... I had a cat (passed away in a very tragic way several years ago :judo:) that would only sleep on her back, usually with all legs spread in different directions haha she's also bug me as soon as the sun went down everyday because she was sleepy and I was supposed to go to bed too (she used to sleep under my knees). Sometimes she'd get upset lol

But... Here's one of my recent cats:
dsc01182oh.jpg

His name is Tofu and you can already say he's trouble :puck: But I love him a lot :serpico: he's very funny and affectionate, though he'll go wacko and bite your finger (worm! :azan:) out of a sudden with no apparent reason.

This is my cat Kreepy. He is about 14 years old give or take. We picked him up as a stray those years ago and just kept him becuase he is nice(likes to be picked up, never hisses or bites).

IMG_0317.jpg

Smoke looks like another cat of mine, G a t s u :slan: (it's a pun for :guts: and "cat" in portuguese, "gato", read like gah-too). But G a t s u is way bigger :)

ps: is it just me or ppl here have more cats than dogs?

I had a dog that was slightly older than my cat. But he had to be put down :/ he aggravated his own arthritis becuase he was a jumper(up and down stairs :isidro:) then when we took him in becuase he couldnt walk the vet found out he had several tumors around his body, so we did the humane thing. I like dogs a lot it's just I don't have the time to get another one. I don't believe in apartment dogs you just leave at home all day. I see getting a dog like gaining a sidekick. You can't just water and feed em..you have to actually interact. :)

Th3Branded0ne

I'll be back.
I had this fish for about 2 years now. The aquarium used to house salt water fish, but it was damaged in a fire. My dad and I fixed it up and refinished it. I"ll buy more fish later. Don't really have a name for the fish.

fishqf.jpg

Grail

Feel the funk blast
The most gosh-darned adorable fun-sized apostle I've ever seen! :casca:

I'd love to see the others, do they have names?

Grail said:
The most gosh-darned adorable fun-sized apostle I've ever seen! :casca:

I'd love to see the others, do they have names?

They are all girls, so I call them Caska, Farnese, Schierke and Ivarela. :carcus: I' m just kidding, haven't thought about the names... :farnese:

Here they are sitting on the poor half-eaten hibiscus. :serpico:

IMG_1167.jpg

Saephon said:
:isidro: It's an apostle! Kill it!
I wish they were apostle-size. :guts:

Scorpio

Courtesy of Grail's doodling.
Well, I have some terrible news that I didn't feel like keeping to myself. Today I had to euthanize my seven week old German Shepard puppy, Krios, due to an incredibly rare defect called Persistent Right Aortic Arch that strictures off the esophagus and restricts the passage of solid foods. http://www.intergate.com/~adamas/angel.html explains it pretty well and how next to impossible it is to try and correct (though I tried anyway, but the odds were tremendous). It's especially tough since I was there helping deliver him at birth, even building the whelping box he entered the world in, and I spent enormous amounts of time with him and his litter-mates over the past month until I had finally picked him last week... He seemed so happy and healthy, and now... well. Anyway, I'm pretty devastated. Here are two pictures that are tough to look at right now but I want to share.

Kriosbirth.jpg

Freshly cleaned up after the big event.​

Krios7weeks.jpg

4/7/10 - 5/29/10​

X

Xem

I completely feel for ya Scorpio, very sorry to hear about this. I've had a very close friend (a collie) die a while ago and I worked as a Kennel Assistant for some time and I saw this type of stuff happen way too often. Even then, I still can barely.... if even... imagine what you're going through. I love animals more than most humans and I do understand it's really tough.

It probably sounds silly right now, but you should think about getting another puppy if you're not already, maybe a rescue, it really helps... and fuck knows too many dogs are given euthanasia every day with no reason whatsoever.

Again, sorry to hear this. Remember the happy moments whenever you think of Krios. He was awesome and was loved a lot I'm sure.

Oh man... I didn't thought that it would turn out that way, I had to do the same thing for my dog two months ago (she had a cancer...) and it hurts very hard, I understand you.
I agree with what Deci told you, always remember all the good moments of Krios.

Aazealh

Administrator
Staff member
Scorpio said:
Well, I have some terrible news that I didn't feel like keeping to myself. Today I had to euthanize my seven week old German Shepard puppy, Krios, due to an incredibly rare defect called Persistent Right Aortic Arch that strictures off the esophagus and restricts the passage of solid foods.

Very sorry to hear that man. He looked great in the pictures, and from what you've told me I'm sure he was happy during his short life, as he had the best master he could have hoped for.

Scorpio

Courtesy of Grail's doodling.
I appreciate the kind words, everyone. My parents are pushing hard for me to take their pup they got from the litter (they already have three dogs)... but I need more time to think about it.

Top Bottom