Skull Knight is Going to Kill a member of the God Hand

I CAN FEEL IT

The flashback of King Gaiseric pretty much proved that the God Hand members do switch, which means that they can be killed. I feel like the story thus far has been making the God Hand members seem, well, like Gods. But to see one of them killed, perhaps Ubik or Conrad, by Skull Knight, it would put the "strugglers" back in the running.

Idk something just tells me this is gonna happen, what do y'all think

Walter

Administrator
Staff member
I do think the Skull Knight would be the one, apart from Casca, to get Guts out of his funk.

"You think they can't be beaten? What do you think happened to those other four dudes?"

Aazealh

Administrator
Staff member
Sure, if a member of the God Hand were to die at this point, the Skull Knight would be my most likely candidate to get it done. I believe I've talked about it before, but I like the idea of him and Guts facing one of them together.

That being said, I don't expect the continuation by Mori and Studio Gaga to live up to what the story would have been under Miura, so I have no particular expectations for what they might do going forward.

Dark Emperor

Dweller of the Lotus Moon
This kinda seems like the logical thing, but idk how he would even do it, considering his 3 attempts made in the series, each against a different member, ended in complete failure.

This kinda seems like the logical thing, but idk how he would even do it, considering his 3 attempts made in the series, each against a different member, ended in complete failure.
I expect he's done it before, otherwise, those other four GH members were killed by some other unnamed person offscreen, or retired to the Vortex. He dies with his (presumed) lover in his arms, so we can surmise that he made it away from that encounter after a battle. It's possible that in killing these original four, that the God Hand has learned to adapt to Skull Knight's tricks.

1) Void didn't die the first time, so it's no surprise that he didn't die the second time.

2) Slan wasn't actually there, she was simply manifesting using the environment. And in that case Guts followed his instructions and was able to banish her back to her domain.

3) Femto truly did thwart Skull Knight and turn it to his advantage.

I think this is why it's going to fall to Guts, with SK acting as wise old sage support.

Aazealh

Administrator
Staff member

He only took two shots: one at Void and one at Femto. Void deflected it as he must have done a number of times before, but the Skull Knight managed to take Guts and Casca out of the Eclipse, an action the importance of which I wouldn't discount. His attack on Femto was a true failure however, as it had been expected and even integrated as a part of the plan. But should that mean he could never succeed at taking any of them out? Obviously not. It only takes one successful shot, and as their masterplan comes together and they become a more concrete presence in the world, the attack surface also grows...

Of course, this is all just daydreaming at this point. We will not get to see what Miura had envisioned.

I think this is why it's going to fall to Guts, with SK acting as wise old sage support.

There is not much doubt in my mind that SK would kill Void in the end, much like Guts would kill Femto.

There is not much doubt in my mind that SK would kill Void in the end, much like Guts would kill Femto.

I completely agree. A good endgame would have each of our party members playing a key role. Silat, Rickert and Erica. Guts and SkullKnight. Schierke, Farnese and Molda. Isirdo, Serpico and Puck. Even Luca & gals and Daiba. Who knows the final pairing, but a good conclusion would allow each to shine. There are at least as many villains and or support characters to finesse a complex but satisfying ending.

I don't expect a one on one battle with Guts and each Apostle Lieutenant. Zodd for sure, or at least a major confrontation. And I expect the Godhand confrontation to have ambiguous conclusions. Femto may die, and probably Void, but the spirit that brought them into existence will probably live on.

I'd be pleased if it was Skull Knight who pulled Guts out of his depression. Perhaps telling him of his own failures to kill Void and to struggle on and adapt. Maybe even with a flashback to relevant information...

Top Bottom