Skullknight.NET Podcast: Episode 13

Walter

Administrator
Staff member

Episode 13: http://skullknight.net/podcast/Podcast13.mp3

Walter, Aaz and Griffith talk about the Chapter of Lost Children and why Walter is such an idiot for not liking this section of the series as much as he used to :mozgus: . We also sit down to talk about what a refreshingly entertaining movie Avengers was, and how we've been liking Diablo III thus far.

We may be recording a special episode after the release of the Blu-Ray of Berserk Movie 1 later this week. Expect that this weekend, if not sometime during the week. I'll post another thread for that.

Podcast Notes:
0:00:19 - Intro/Lost Children
0:41:19 - Avengers discussion
0:55:52 - Diablo III discussion
1:37:14 - Exit/Next episode discussion

Aazealh

Administrator
Staff member
Walter said:
Walter, Aaz and Griffith talk about the Chapter of Lost Children and why Walter is such an idiot for not liking this section of the series as much as he used to :mozgus: .

Come on man, don't take it like that. :ganishka:

Walter said:
We may be recording a special episode after the release of the Blu-Ray of Berserk Movie 1 later this week. Expect that this weekend, if not sometime during the week. I'll post another thread for that.

Mine's already been shipped, should be getting it tomorrow.

Dar_Klink

Last Guardian when? - CyberKlink 20XX before dying
Best part was the Aaz angrily moaning transition. It was like a sitcom commercial break or something. :ganishka:

Oh, and will we get more users questions answered next time? I'd like to hear your guy's thoughts on indie games... unless I missed it in the middle of Diablo 3 talk that I skipped. :farnese:

Griffith

With the streak of a tear, Like morning dew
Dar Klink said:
Oh, and will we get more users questions answered next time? I'd like to hear your guy's thoughts on indie games... unless I missed it in the middle of Diablo 3 talk that I skipped. :farnese:

Time to sell out for D3, bro. JOIN US! :daiba: I actually did briefly bring up what an indie game Diablo 3 isn't. The credits are like 15 minutes long and list some truly absurd departments and positions, with redundancies for each international market of course.

Though, I wouldn't say I was disappointed like Aaz because, as I've mentioned before, I'm sadly as impressed by the changes that haven't been made as the ones that have. It's an old school game at heart with some modern innovations that serve to make the basic gameplay better, but doesn't turn it into something else. Whoops, more Diablo 3 discussion. =)

I fear for the microphone or headset that Aaz is going to use for the next podcast. They might rip or disintegrate (internal combustion) :schierke:

Who are your favorite directors (particularly one if you have a numero uno favorite)? What movie/ movies off em stands out for you.

Aazealh

Administrator
Staff member
Dar Klink said:
Oh, and will we get more users questions answered next time? I'd like to hear your guy's thoughts on indie games... unless I missed it in the middle of Diablo 3 talk that I skipped.

We didn't have time for user questions, but we'll address next time. :serpico: Though your question is precise enough that a written answer would probably be more appropriate.

Griffith said:
Though, I wouldn't say I was disappointed like Aaz because, as I've mentioned before, I'm sadly as impressed by the changes that haven't been made as the ones that have.

Well I'm not disappointed by the gameplay itself, which is the core of the game. It's the rest that I found surprisingly lacking, and even though it's not what the game's all about it still disappointed me a bit.

Griffith

Aazealh said:
Well I'm not disappointed by the gameplay itself, which is the core of the game. It's the rest that I found surprisingly lacking, and even though it's not what the game's all about it still disappointed me a bit.

You must have at least liked Aazmodan? :guts:

Griffith

Aazealh said:
When you put it like that, he wasn't too bad. :iva:

He was one of my favorite things actually, and yeah, his name makes him that much better. Belial's reveal was impressive as well. If anything, Diablo was disappointing by comparison.

Rhombaad

Video Game Time Traveler
Diablo III is sitting on my shelf, still wrapped in plastic, waiting for me to finish up the Mass Effect trilogy and the first two Diablo games.

Walter

Administrator
Staff member
Rhombaad said:
Diablo III is sitting on my shelf, still wrapped in plastic, waiting for me to finish up the Mass Effect trilogy and the first two Diablo games.
You definitely do NOT need to play through Diablo 1 and 2 to grasp the "story" of Diablo 3 (those guys are evil, we should kill them).

Walter said:
You definitely do NOT need to play through Diablo 1 and 2 to grasp the "story" of Diablo 3 (those guys are evil, we should kill them).

But they are both fun and drastically different classics that are absolutely worth your time to play at least once. I can say with absolute certainty that I have not played those two games for the last time. The games will also help you disregard the very stupid retcons in Diablo 3.

Take your sweet time; Diablo 3 isn't going anywhere.

Top Bottom