Skullknight.NET Podcast: Episode 27

Walter

Administrator
Staff member

Episode 27 (12/30/2012): Paradise

Booze is imbibed as we pore over Berserk episode 333 in detail, including what the future may hold for Rickert, Raban and Silat in this new world. Aaz unveils an interesting theory about the nature of the world spiral tree.

Podcast Notes:
0:00:19 Booze
0:08:00 Episode 333
1:01:45 Video Games
1:32:00 Member Questions, sans Walter
1:48:00 Outtakes

Oburi

All praise Grail
This looks like a good one. My favorite skullkasts are the ones that come out after a new episode (and stick to being an hour long. Seriously most are so long I can never finish the damn thing).

Listening now :guts:

Just started, had to go ahead and post since I'm so excited to hear all of your thoughts on the new episode. Excited in the boozing as well as I'm currently fairly deep into a bottle of red wine (Black Cab) :guts:.

Griffith

With the streak of a tear, Like morning dew
I kind of liked the original "????????" timestamps for later in the show, like it went so deep into the Abyss all sense of it was lost. :idea:

Which is pretty much what happened. I need to listen to this one again just to hear what sort of embarrassing shit ended up on there. Did Aaz and I really talk about Bones? This is why we never do the show when Walter's unavailable!

Oburi said:
This looks like a good one. My favorite skullkasts are the ones that come out after a new episode (and stick to being an hour long. Seriously most are so long I can never finish the damn thing).

You may want to quit after the first hour, not only do we run long but Aaz and I say unkind words about The Hobbit and Skyrim. I don't want to lose a listener over it. :void:

BTW, if reference to my fantasy league made the cut... I won! By 74 points. :badbone:

Aazealh

Administrator
Staff member
Griffith said:
I kind of liked the original "????????" timestamps for later in the show, like it went so deep into the Abyss all sense of it was lost. :idea:

Which is pretty much what happened. I need to listen to this one again just to hear what sort of embarrassing shit ended up on there. Did Aaz and I really talk about Bones? This is why we never do the show when Walter's unavailable!

By that point I'd had like 4 screwdrivers, which was probably not helping. You can tell it's not going well when I start forgetting words like "beaver" (the term I was originally looking for was "coypu" by the way). :ganishka:

Oburi

All praise Grail
Griffith said:
I You may want to quit after the first hour, not only do we run long but Aaz and I say unkind words about The Hobbit and Skyrim. I don't want to lose a listener over it. :void:

Yea I realized that soon enough. I usually stop listening when the Berserk discussions end. The Rickert talk made me think though, could he be in any danger? He obviously would never side with Griffith so is it possible that he could be seen as a potential threat by him? At the very least someone that must be silenced if not cooperative. The thought makes me scared for Rickert.

Well, I'm 2 hours and 6 minutes in. I'll finish the podcast later. But I wanted to say happy birthday, Aaz!

And it blew me away how much they were asking for phone service, Griffith. I recently switched phones/services. My old bill was anywhere between $70 and $80. And I thought that was a ripoff.

Walter

Administrator
Staff member
Aazealh said:
By that point I'd had like 4 screwdrivers, which was probably not helping.
I think the lack of Walter and the addition of alcohol certainly made for a memorable tangent :ganishka: We were all in pretty rare form. I wish I had more to drink before we started... Next time :carcus:

Oburi said:
Yea I realized that soon enough. I usually stop listening when the Berserk discussions end.
:schierke:

What a wonderful podcast guys. I had a lot of work to do today so i played the podcast on the background and started working. Time flew by like it was nothing, thanks for keeping me company. I really enjoyed the conversation about the new episode, i still have to think about some of the things you said. I laughed so hard when Griffith said " You are now listening to the Telephone discussion ", i still laugh when i think about it :D.
Guys let us know if we can help in any way with the encyclopedia update !

Happy birthday Aazaelh, i wish you the best.

Walter

Administrator
Staff member
Since I wasn't around to answer the questions, here are my answers now:

How are the encyclopedia updates coming along ?
I ramped up progress before the birth of my son, anticipating my lack of time to do such things now. And here we are. M is anxious to continue work, and my heart would like to as well, but the sum combination of willpower + time + need just isn't there right now. Berserk isn't going anywhere for a while, and so it's on the backburner for now, unfortunately.

Would you rather fight one horse-sized duck or one hundred duck-sized horses?
Seems to me there's only really one logical answer. What's the threat of one hundred duck-sized horses? I'll take on that horde anyday.

Embarrassing Movie collections! We all have one or two movies that we know are just bad in any sense of the word. But we still watch them, and we still enjoy them. Let these titles be heard and explain reasons for the attachment.
As far as movie collections go, I sort of culled mine years ago. But if you mean guilty pleasures, I think Commando is a fantastic action movie but still consider it a guilty pleasure of sorts. I enjoy pretty much any 80s action flick, regardless of the level of quality is concerned. I mean, I even like Roadhouse. That badass hero attitude these movies pioneered just can't be found anymore, and it's sad.

Seeing as some of us have been out of the typical gaming schedules for X or Y reason. Give a short list of games that have changed or impacted your life as a gamer from oldest to newest
-Super Mario Bros (my first true video game experience)
-Super Mario World (when I got back into video games)
-Lunar: The Silver Star (my first RPG, and still one of my favorites)
-Final Fantasy VI (I had asked for Chrono Trigger for Christmas, and was a little upset I got this instead. Turns out it's my favorite game of all time. Holds up to this day.)
-Super Metroid (when I first realized that video games could convey atmosphere on par with and often exceeding film)
-Super Mario 64 (my second-biggest W O W moment in video gaming was playing this at Toys-R-Us for the first time. First biggest being SMB1)
-Xenogears (I was really into the story of Xenogears at the time. It was among the things that launched me into wanting to be a writer, to be perfectly honest.)
-Shadow of the Colossus
-Mass Effect 1 (The depth of dialogue options when speaking to your teammates was unlike anything I've ever played before in a video game. You really got to know them, and at times it felt like natural conversation. Also, I had a huge crush on Liara :casca: )
-Infinite Space (simply one of the coolest video game stories out there. Sure, it has some rough edges, but it's a travesty that many weren't able to get past that, because it really is an all-time classic. Also for the scene in which this song first plays.)
-Dark Souls (I think I've said enough about this one)

Do you think that Guts will end up fighting all five god hand members in the future or just a few besides Femto? Maybe some will be dealt with by other characters like Skull Knight vs Void?
All five? Nah, I don't think it'll be like that. The guys said as much on the podcast, but it's something we've all discussed before. It just seems unrealistic to expect Guts to "duel" with every single adversary. I don't think that's what the scenario will be. That being said, I can foresee Guts and company traveling to the domain of a God Hand member, not unlike what happened with the Qliphoth. Only this time, they'd be setting out to take one down. I just can't foresee that for each one, because it would get repetitive, ya know?

Aazealh

Administrator
Staff member
Thanks for the good wishes guys.

Walter said:
-Super Mario Bros (my first true video game experience)
-Super Mario World (when I got back into video games)
-Lunar: The Silver Star (my first RPG, and still one of my favorites)
-Final Fantasy VI (I had asked for Chrono Trigger for Christmas, and was a little upset I got this instead. Turns out it's my favorite game of all time. Holds up to this day.)
-Super Metroid (when I first realized that video games could convey atmosphere on par with and often exceeding film)
-Super Mario 64 (my second-biggest W O W moment in video gaming was playing this at Toys-R-Us for the first time. First biggest being SMB1)
-Xenogears (I was really into the story of Xenogears at the time. It was among the things that launched me into wanting to be a writer, to be perfectly honest.)
-Mass Effect 1 (The depth of dialogue options when speaking to your teammates was unlike anything I've ever played before in a video game. You really got to know them, and at times it felt like natural conversation. Also, I had a huge crush on Liara :casca: )
-Infinite Space (simply one of the coolest video game stories out there. Sure, it has some rough edges, but it's a travesty that many weren't able to get past that, because it really is an all-time classic. Also for the scene in which this song first plays.)
-Dark Souls (I think I've said enough about this one)

What?! No Zelda? You're killing me man! My own list was cut short by Griff during the show (what a meanie :judo:), but to list games who "impacted my life as a gamer" I feel like I'd have to name quite a few. I mean a lot of NES games were important (even the less good ones) because I was young, but every other platform along the way had titles that mattered. From Tetris to Doom, Half-Life and Deus Ex, but also Star Fox, Baldur's Gate, Dune II/Command & Conquer... There were so many, and I guess that's the reason video games are my main source of entertainment, before books and movies.

Walter

Administrator
Staff member
Aazealh said:
What?! No Zelda? You're killing me man!
Well, you know that's the downfall of attempting such a list to begin with that spans a whole lifetime of experiences. Some get forgotten or cast by the wayside (I'm adding Shadow of the Colossus back in). I guess it says something that I forgot to mention any Zelda game, but really when I think about it, the only one that truly affected me was probably Zelda 3. It' because it's not a list of best games or games I have the most respect for or had great experiences with. Straight from the heart, these were the games that influenced me.

Aazealh

Administrator
Staff member
Walter said:
Well, you know that's the downfall of attempting such a list to begin with that spans a whole lifetime of experiences. Some get forgotten or cast by the wayside (I'm adding Shadow of the Colossus back in). I guess it says something that I forgot to mention any Zelda game, but really when I think about it, the only one that truly affected me was probably Zelda 3. It' because it's not a list of best games or games I have the most respect for or had great experiences with. Straight from the heart, these were the games that influenced me.

This is why I hate to make lists. :guts: By the way, I checked Spec Ops endings online and there's no truly secret one, I'd seen pretty much everything there was to see. Still, worth the price I spent for it (6€).

nomad

"Bring the light of day"
Just finished it today and a couple of things:

The whole Demon Souls ordeal, it's not that it's better (I actually favor the world design on Dark Souls), but that it was the first of it's kind. I felt the need to mention the PS3 tittle just to be fair really. I will always love Demon Souls and Dark Souls equally in the end.

Griff, the whole ordeal of the Problem Child movies is one to which I fully see why it is in your list. However, I had the opportunity to read the actual script years ago, and I have to share that it has been by far one of the funniest things I've read. I'm sure you can imagine what I am referring, specially when a 7 year old develops a girly crush with a murdering psychopath. I'll see if I still have it and send it your way.

As for Walter, Commando and Bloodsport have been guilty pleasure films as well. I think it falls onto more of a generation thing when all is said and done. But thank you all for the answers!

Awesome podcast.

Wow I can't believe some of the cell phone plans are that expensive. I just share a family plan with AT&T for 30 dollars with unlimited text and call. I'd like to get an android or app phone someday but I'll probably wait until the plans become a little cheaper.

Top Bottom