Skullknight.NET Podcast: Episode 48

Walter

Administrator
Staff member

Episode 48 (06/02/2014): Divine Right of Kingship

We brave Skype terrors to bring you a solid review of Episode 335, touching on Falconia's defenses, the God Hand's plan for it, Sonia's newfound role and Griffith's stubborn wardrobe. We actually talked so much about the new episode that we ran out of time for the re-read, so stay tuned next time for Volume 9.

PS: If it sounds rough in parts, it's a result of editing out portions where Skype crapped out on us.

===========================================
Don't forget you can subscribe to the podcast on iTunes,
or by plugging this address into your favorite podcast app:
http://skullknight.net/podcast/rss.xml

===========================================

Kompozinaut

Sylph Sword
Whoo! I've desperately been waiting for this ever since the first images surfaced. Can't wait to listen!

Edit: As usual, great podcast, guys! It's a great way to pillars the time.

Sammoniac

You taffers!
I listened to this yesterday and it was very interesting ^L^ I too wonder what these weird holes are, especially because some emphasis was put on them on the panel. Even though it does seem like an "ominous" shot, I tend to wonder if its intended that way. Maybe its just that its darker because of the lack of light beneath the arches. But what are they for? Aaz's burning oil theory makes sense, but i have trouble accepting it for some reason. I guess we'll see sooner or later!

Aazealh

Administrator
Staff member
Sammoniac said:
I too wonder what these weird holes are, especially because some emphasis was put on them on the panel. Even though it does seem like an "ominous" shot, I tend to wonder if its intended that way. Maybe its just that its darker because of the lack of light beneath the arches. But what are they for? Aaz's burning oil theory makes sense, but i have trouble accepting it for some reason. I guess we'll see sooner or later!

I am quite confident that they are a form of machicolation designed for defensive purposes.

Congrats Griffith on the wedding, very exciting!

Right before the episode came out I also assumed it would lead right into the conversation with the two, but I think my expectations were a little too high. I still loved what we got and it's always interesting to see more of Falconia. I can't imagine how much time Miura has put into each drawing lately, but the attention to detail on the architecture is impressive, with all the different ways he has implemented the sign of the falcon somewhere. :iva:

With how massive and intimating this place is, I still wonder how Guts and co are going to be able to get in. I'm thinking that someone from the inside is going to end up helping them, whether its Rickert, Luca, or another old friend.

Great podcast!

Grail

Feel the funk blast
Thanks guys! The past few episodes have been so much about everything being huge that it's been hard processing all of the details. I'm glad that this podcast is around to break things down a bit. I got a kick out of you guys making fun of that altar. Go big or go Baroque! :ganishka:

And congrats to Griff on his upcoming wedding! I recently listened to the podcast where you'd announced your engagement - time flies! I hope you have a fantastic time and take some pictures so we can all edit ourselves in after the fact. :carcus:

Also, Aaz, don't bother with Enterprise. I sat through about a season and it's a genuine waste of time. Though if I were you, I'd probably want to take a break from Star Trek for a while.

Aazealh

Administrator
Staff member
Grail said:
Go big or go Baroque! :ganishka:

That pun is so bad, it could be in ithurts!!. :beast:

Grail said:
Also, Aaz, don't bother with Enterprise. I sat through about a season and it's a genuine waste of time. Though if I were you, I'd probably want to take a break from Star Trek for a while.

Yeah I've got too many other things to do to watch everything anyway. I'll check DS9 out eventually and then see from there.

Oburi

All praise Grail
Walter you say that you've never had an interest in giant monters attacking cities an such but weren't you a big Evangelion fan way back? I thought I read tha somewhere.

It occured to me because I just started watching that show.

Walter

Administrator
Staff member
Oburi said:
Walter you say that you've never had an interest in giant monters attacking cities an such but weren't you a big Evangelion fan way back? I thought I read tha somewhere.

It occured to me because I just started watching that show.

The giant robot aspect of that show wasn't what interested me (when I was 15).

Thanks again for the great episode guys and congrats to Griff on the wedding!

Once again all of your commentary really helps me appreciate the new episodes, there is so much I missed or didn't consider while reading on my own.

I enjoyed you all making fun of Griffith "Las Vegas" aesthetics. I wonder if/when Guts arrives in Falconia he'll make a smart-ass comment about Griffith's design choices :guts:

After TNG I'd take a break from Star Trek, there isn't much left that is as enjoyable in my opinion. However DS9 is good from the few episodes I have watched.

Top Bottom