Skullknight.NET Podcast: Episode 62

Walter

Administrator
Staff member

Episode 62: Lost Children IV [Vol 16-1] (1 hr 42 min)

Joined by our SKnet Patron guest m, we wrap up the Lost Children Chapter in Vol 16 and discover what Guts is capable of when he's at his physical and mental limits. We also dive in to the beginnings of Farnese's character development, and tie a bow on Jill and Rochine's contributions to the series.

Please excuse the radio sound quality! We'll return to normal next time. Promise!

===========================================
Don't forget you can subscribe to the podcast on iTunes
or by plugging this address into your favorite podcast app:
http://skullknight.net/podcast/rss.xml

===========================================

Thanks for another enjoyable podcast! :serpico:

I've got to say, I love that donkey, too. It and Zepek have so much in common, both asses.

I particularly liked your observation about how Guts has the psychological advantage over some apostles since they aren't experienced warriors like himself.

The membrane that encloses Rosine when she's in her giant apostle form kind of reminds me of the cockpit dome that closes over a fighter jet pilot.

Cracked me up when you said Guts looked like Godzilla coming out of the water! :ganishka: This fight was Gutzilla vs. Mothra!

m, you had some really good thoughts and questions! I don't think you should be shy about posting! :guts:

Walter

Administrator
Staff member
JMP said:
Thanks for another enjoyable podcast! :serpico:

Thanks for listening, even with our tin-can sound quality this time. :farnese:

I've got to say, I love that donkey, too. It and Zepek have so much in common, both asses.

I just realized I was supposed to make that donkey the episode image. Whoops!

The membrane that encloses Rosine when she's in her giant apostle form kind of reminds me of the cockpit dome that closes over a fighter jet pilot.

Nice! I hadn't thought about that.

m, you had some really good thoughts and questions! I don't think you should be shy about posting! :guts:

Seconded.

As always, great podcast.

The apperance of the beast of Darkness in the Lost Children chapter has to be one of my favorite things about it. Especially looking at the Beast of darkness now and seeing how it got used in the story. It certainly is a great element.

Roshine's death was great, but when it comes to the deaths of apostles then i would probably put Ganishkas death at my number one place. :griffnotevil: :femto:

Walter

Administrator
Staff member
Mangetsu said:
The apperance of the beast of Darkness in the Lost Children chapter has to be one of my favorite things about it.

I don't think the Beast properly appears until the episode after Lost Children ends (titled Beast of Darkness). Of course as we said on the show, we do see qualities of it begin to manifest in Guts during this section though.

Walter said:
I don't think the Beast properly appears until the episode after Lost Children ends (titled Beast of Darkness). Of course as we said on the show, we do see qualities of it begin to manifest in Guts during this section though.

My mistake. :ganishka:
Nonethless even seeing qualities of it beginning to manifest within Guts is something that i really like about Lost Children. And it all went along with how Guts was viewed as a Monster throughout his fight with Rochine.

Grail

Feel the funk blast
I have about 20 minutes to go on this episode, but it's shaped up to be a very lively discussion! m, let me echo JMP when I say that your contributions were thoughtful and very much appreciated. :serpico: Way to go!

I really enjoyed the focus on Rochine's development over the course of this volume. Your observations about her attitude towards sexuality and how they related to her transformation into her "true" apostle form was something I hadn't thought much about before.

Speaking of Rochine's transformation, your discussion also got me thinking about how much research Miura must do for various aspects of the story. I remember reading about how he has a lot of reference materials to work off of, but imagining the extra work that it involves still seems daunting. :magni:

Thank you JMP, Walter and Grail for your kind comments! :farnese: And thanks also to Walter, Griffith and Aazealh for having me on the podcast. It was a great experience being able to discuss Berserk in real time with you guys, and just talking to you in general. :serpico:

Can't wait to hear the read though of the Conviction Arc. It's one of the darker and weirder arcs of the series and has the second big turning point since the Eclipse.

Kompozinaut

Sylph Sword
Another great discussion, gentlemen, and I particularly enjoyed m's contributions! I'm loving all these donor guests. It's great to hear the community sound off in the SkullKast!

Top Bottom