So i have this theory

Aazealh

Administrator
Staff member
Archer1215 said:
What exactly does the original Japanese text say? I thought about that myself, but I can only really use Dark Horse as a reference.

People will call it the Age of Darkness. The idea that "it must end first for people to then call it that" is a step too far. If you asked Raban, he'd probably call it that right now.

Archer1215 said:
I have my own ideas for what the Griffith and the other God Hand's agenda is all about, as well as the inevitable conflict between Guts and Falconia (although admittedly none of this is very original)

I mostly agree with your take (or rather, yours mostly agrees with mine from a decade ago :flora:), but I think you understate the fact people don't have a choice. They either live in Falconia or die outside. And the last time we saw someone try to leave, Rakshas was going after them.

jackson_hurley

even the horses are cut in half!
Aazealh said:
I mostly agree with your take (or rather, yours mostly agrees with mine from a decade ago :flora:), but I think you understate the fact people don't have a choice. They either live in Falconia or die outside. And the last time we saw someone try to leave, Rakshas was going after them.

Rickert is kinda a special case though since he knows stuff people don't about Griffith. What I Wonder though is : can a human leave Falconia on his own without being persued? Now I know they would probably not last long outside the protection of Falconia, which comes back to your point that they don't really have a choice. But would they be allowed to leave?

jackson_hurley

Well, as it was pointed already they don't really have a choice anyway. But if for an unkown reason, some people start to put the pièces together and figure out it would be wiser to leave, would they be stopped or not? That was more the question. And I ask that because that's kinda the plan, to get a shitload of people in the only "safe" city.

jackson_hurley

Archer1215 said:
If there was a faction trying to leave the city? Well, thinking on it a bit more, I don't think they would be allowed to leave, but it would probably be dressed up in a way that makes it seem like it is being done for their own safety.

Well there you go, you just answered in your words my question. It was more of a "what do you think" question.

Like you said and like it has been said multiple times on the board, I do not think either that it's the only plan they have of course. But the main part of their unknown plan is that for the moment. Get people in Falconia and have yourself a better control over humanity.

But hey it's still feasable to live outside of Falconia anyway and with the good knowledge (that say, Guts group and the magic users) people would be able to better live outside the walls and have at least a choice where they want to live. I don't know if I express myself clear enough but Aaz did touch what I'm trying to convey in another thread. Being told :" Sure you can leave whenever you want" knowing that you won't last long outside is still being some kind of "no choice anyway" when we know it's not true because there are ways to make it alive outside Falconia.

Remove the knowledge or prevent it from getting to the people they sure won't try to find another option.

but thx for sharing your opinion on the subject.

Ps: I'm pretty sure griffith has something not that nice in mind somehow. He is a demon after all and was explicitely shown that they are after all, evil. :femto:

Faded

Your time is the most precious gift of all.
Aazealh said:
I don't see your point. You believe Sonia will join Guts' group, then use the beherit to become an apostle? That sounds preposterous.

I'm terrible at sarcasm it seems. :sad:

jackson_hurley

Sure sure. I think we pretty have the same kind of thought about the subject. I was just curious about if they would be allowed to leave (lets say some hear about another safe haven) or not. As in, if they leave, Griffith will have less people Under control. Now don't get me wrong, I know there is a shit load of people in Falconia and it would need to be a semi big outgoing to make him react but I dunno. Maybe an apostle would take it in his own hand to decide that one cannot go.

Very interesting to talk about it though. It was fun! :guts:

Top Bottom