Some dude is selling all his stuff on ebay!

Heeey he's using my berserkstatues.com pics! Haha, well I guess that's alright since he left the logo on the pictures.

Actually, he's a member of this forum, but I haven't seen him post in a while. Congrats on your Griffith Horse statue!

Odd how he describes what an Artist Proof is in his Skull Knight auction. An artist proof is just an extra statue that was run off the line that the company was going to use as a comp but didn't want the number taking up part of the regular production line. His description treats it like a prototype.

O well good looking out man.

CnC

Ad Oculos
I want one but, alas, I remain broke.

Seems he's trying to avoid getting kicked out of his house. A position I'd be in if I got one of the statues. :void:

Aazealh

Administrator
Staff member
Maiku said:
Odd how he describes what an Artist Proof is in his Skull Knight auction.

I thought the same while looking at it, he's also saying that the statue is incredibly rare and valuable because its number is #0000 ("better than #0001!"), which isn't the case. Just trying to motivate potential buyers I imagine.

SMZKAH

I shall find the crystal of peace
Yes, I saw that last night, but at that time all he had listed was Zodd with wings and Wyald. Anyway it seems like I always end up kicking myself when something like this pops up and I'm low on funds. If I had the money I'd buy them all. Maybe I'll see if I can't snag the troll statue from him.

Well I bought the Bloody Lost Children. The only Guts I'm missing now is on Horseback.

Looks like someone bit on the AP Skullknight for $300. I guess I should feel good that I got mine for $150.

grendelrt said:
Thank you sir =) The collection is coming together nicely, now I just need to invest in a curio cabinet. They are just so damn expensive...

Well, a really cheap and nice one is this one from Ikea:
http://www.ikea.com/webapp/wcs/stores/servlet/ProductDisplay?catalogId=10101&storeId=12&productId=11638
20306_PE079916_S4.jpg

I have this one, which is a little more expensive, but I actaully wish I got the one up above instead because of the price difference and because the corner posts on mine are too thick (they block viewing from the diagonal angles)
http://www.ikea.com/webapp/wcs/stores/servlet/ProductDisplay?catalogId=10101&storeId=12&productId=11341
23467_PE108219_S4.jpg

Both are really easy to install lights in (you can buy them from Ikea as well), so they really are the best bang for your buck.

I'm actually going to sell my display case one of these days, when I move, because well, it's not nearly big enough to hold all the statues I have :serpico: and I rather get a few large ones, than just multiple small ones (but that's just my preference).

Here is a display setup of someone I know that bought many of the first Ikea display case that I linked above:
DSC04488.sized.jpg

DSC04490.sized.jpg

Looks pretty sweet! Too bad he doesn't collect Berserk stuff =P

The Detolf cabinets are a good value, but as mentioned, they're not very big. Also, I've seen them in person, and the wood on the top and bottom is pretty cheap. If you put a collectible or two on top of each cabinet, it's not that noticeable though. My feeling is that while having a row of Detolf cabinets doesn't look bad per se, there are more attractive ways to display your collectibles. And unfortunately, they're usually more expensive. If you're willing to put in a little time and effort, unfinished furniture is a good alternative to Ikea. If I were going to buy Detolf cabinets, I'd buy them in pairs to put them on either side of things...windows, other furniture, an entertainment center, etc. They look nice like that.

Those are sweet Derek, I might end up picking those up, there is an Ikea about 1.5 hours from here, I could pick up stuff to save on shipping. I just spent a buttload in the last 2 days though lol. A berserk statue and 7800GTX what a combo! :guts:

Rhombaad

Video Game Time Traveler
grendelrt said:
I just spent a buttload in the last 2 days though lol. A berserk statue and 7800GTX what a combo!  :guts:
Remember, "At Ikea you don't have to be rich, just smart." I'm sure money still helps though. :beast:

yeah the goten12881 guy on ebay is me.....i lost my girlfriend and have to sell my house so why not sell the things that are important to me which can get me alot of money to pay off my debt.....go figure 2 plus years to collect and only 2 minutes to loose.........:(

and to those who thought my "artist proofs" comments didnt make any sense yeah okay havent u ever heard of any scupture making a few pieces and then sending them to be manufactured????huh why would the statue be labeled 0000 if it was just run off the line and didnt wanna take up a number ....whatever moron said can kiss my butt i have a friend with connection to AOW and he got me those great deals and low numbers if any of u people dont believe that statues dont come in artist proofs then i guess me and a bunch of other marvel statue owners are big suckers and got ripped off........i hate when people are just jealous of what others have man o man.

vash12881 said:
yeah the goten12881 guy on ebay is me.....i lost my girlfriend and have to sell my house so why not sell the things that are important to me which can get me alot of money to pay off my debt.....go figure 2 plus years to collect and only 2 minutes to loose.........:(

That sounds rough man. It must be hard to let go of all the effort you put into collecting. Best of luck with your auctions and situation!

vash12881 said:
and to those who thought my "artist proofs" comments didnt make any sense yeah okay havent u ever heard of any scupture making a few pieces and then sending them to be manufactured????huh why would the statue be labeled 0000 if it was just run off the line and didnt wanna take up a number ....whatever moron said can kiss my butt i have a friend with connection to AOW and he got me those great deals and low numbers if any of u people dont believe that statues dont come in artist proofs then i guess me and a bunch of other marvel statue owners are big suckers and got ripped off........i hate when people are just jealous of what others have man o man.

Well, no need to get nasty now. I have my own beliefs about #0000 Berserk statues and non-plated Berserk statues, but in the defense of Maiku who commented about "artist proofs", I highly doubt he's being "just jealous". Actually, his AOW collection is preeeety damn sweet, probably one of the more complete collections of the members on this board. He also works in the figure industry so in general, he knows his shit. However, in AOW's case, the whole #0000 thing is a bit ambigous. I've heard many theories about them and I even emailed AOW directly about it, and they gave me a pretty lame answer. I don't even remember what they said, because it didn't help any, but I could dig around for the email if people really want me to...

vash12881 said:

Sorry to hear the situation of why you are selling man :/ That sux, well Ill at least let you know your Griffith Horse Riding statue is going to a good home of a Berserk collector who really loves the series :)

vash12881 said:

Did you break up, or did she die? I was just wondering what you meant.

we are breaking up weve been together for 4 years and also we just bought a house about three months ago and now we have to sell it so yeah im pretty bummed and even pissed about the whole berserk statue situation but ooh well i guess everything happens for a reason

vash12881 said:

Hey man no reason to get nasty. There is also no reason to call me a moron since I know what I'm talking about. I'm just saying how you describe an artist proof is wrong. Being that I've worked in the collectible industry for two different companies I have somewhere around 50 artist proofs. I also have an AOW artist proof.

Anyway what you described in your auction was a prototype not an AP. APs are just extra statues run off the line and numbered differently by the company. These statues are generaly not for sale and given out to employees, friends in the industry ect. Also in the companies I've worked for typically we make 60-120 artist proofs per statue (not 5-7). APs are NOT hand made by the sculpters and are NOT made before the regular line. The reason people value low numbers higher is because they are the first ones to come off the assembly line and because of this it is believed they will be less flawed. APs may come off the assembly line first but they may also come off last. No one but the people working at the factory in China know. APs are often times valued higher than regularly numbered items so there is nothing wrong with asking more money for it. I was just trying to look out for the other board members and let them know that your description was misleading.

In the art buisness , IE - paintings, drawings, lithographs, etches, etc. Artist proofs generally aren't simply "extra made" ones.

They are the prints that are made first, directly from the artists , that generally can be a bit sharper/clearer then the higher ones. Sometimes the AP's are directly form the artist and not the company behind them.

This can go for some statues too.

Like the Frank Frazetta Death dealer statues, the AP's were directly from Frazetta.

Uriel

This journey isn't ov--AARGH!
Awesome thread guys. I will be using the Ikea thing as reference when I pick up my first stuff of the collection -- which might start sooner than later. As for those pictures, DirectDK, you friend as the most amazing collection I've seen :isidro:

Uriel said:
As for those pictures, DirectDK, you friend as the most amazing collection I've seen :isidro:

Hey!  What about MY Berserk collection, huh?   :miura:  Miura would be very upset at you right now =P.  J/K

Actually, those pictures only show HALF of that guy's collection, and his most valuable statues aren't even being shown.  Craaazyy.

And, this is getting a bit off topic, but if you are into display cases, here is the setup that my painter, John Allred, has in his work area.  The crazy thing about this display setup though is that practically all the models you see in the cases were assembled and painted by him!  That's even more impressive in my mind.

53096066.jpg

53094383.jpg

53095873.jpg

96414140.jpg

96414177.jpg

96414581.jpg

96414586.jpg

96414603.jpg

John, along with the help of one of his friends, installed the whole setup by himself too!

I think when I settle down somewhere, if space permits, I'm going to dedicate one entire room to my statues/models.  It'll be like a mini-museum or something.  Or maybe I'll make it my "study" or something.  :serpico:

Aazealh

Administrator
Staff member
DirectDK said:
here is the setup that my painter, John Allred, has in his work area

Wow, he's got quite the collection... Not surprising but still impressive.

DirectDK said:
I think when I settle down somewhere, if space permits, I'm going to dedicate one entire room to my statues/models.

The day I buy a house it'll have a Berserk room, with a lock on the door. :badbone:

Top Bottom