some guy made guts in d20 rules

Akujin

Wooooooooo
I think guts is epic... he has no magic items yet he has insane strength and dexterty(so they only way would be if he leveled up... a lot)... and the monsters he fight, although they may be cr 17-20, he fights them by himself... normally when you fight things that high you need a balanced party and to be able to face such fiends single handly shows that he has great power. And that guy who made the stats for guts really should have put some levels into berserker... some of the abilities for berserker match guts better(deathless frenzy(allows you to fight until battle is over even if considered uncouncious or dead), supreme cleave(allows 10ft of movement before cleave), ect). I made guts for a campaign once... although i made him way overpowered... i made him epic level but didn't follow the epic rules so he had epic level abilities while ignoring the epic level limitations on certain things.

Majin_Tenshi

The can opener went bye-bye...
Let me point this out again:
CR 1 vs 4 lv 1 characters is an average encounter. It shouldn't burn much of their resources.

Just the other day, I had a group of level 1 characters against a CR 6 (3 small earth elementals) and they survived. They were battered, but no deaths. Oh, and that was immedietly following a fight w/ 6 goblins (cr 1/2 each)

Guts equiptment, while not technicaly magical, has some magic-like properties.
The DS is esentialy a Mercurial Fullblade that gets through godhand-DR.
His arm cannon is also prety nasty equiptment. Everything else is effectively MW.

Consider that Guts started fighting with an oversized weapon as a child. This effectively allowed him up to grow up/into a free oversized weapon and get the pre-reqs too (str 19). Children adapt faster then adults, so stats would grow more for a child then an adult.

Akujin

Wooooooooo
Guts clearly has the epic feats swarm of arrows, rapid reload(general feat, but in epic book), storm of throws, and ruinous rage(maybe). Some others that he might have are legendary rider, legendary leaper, instant reload, and improved combat reflexes(of course he probably just has regular combat reflexes and his dex is so high that it doesn't matter).

You also must take in to account that the epic book says that Odysseus is epic level... and what did he ever do? Trick a cyclops and kill some suitors?

Majin_Tenshi

see, the Epic book is stupid. Feats shouldn't have a level requrement of 20 just cause thats "epic level" Their pre-reqs should just be high enough that it'd be unusual for a non-epic character to get them.

1. I don't see why Guts can't just use his attack bonus with the rapid fire crossbow. Swarm of arrows isn't neccesary.

2. Quick draw would allow him to draw daggers as a free action, so he can keep throwing enough of those.

I'm gonna ignore all those maybes cause they aren't worth my time.

Azn He-Man666

Was it you who killed my companions,one after one?
Majin Tenshi said:
w/ 6 goblins (cr 1/2 each)
Goblins have a cr of 1/4 Mr. fancy pants and besides I have a blood golem of hextor and he'll stick his mace hands down your throat because AHHHHH DROLEMS BUST OUT THE +!@ MERCURIAL GREATSWORD. VORPAL FISTS UP YOUR ASS!!!11!!!1!

Majin_Tenshi

Sir Crumpet said:
Goblins have a cr of 1/4 Mr. fancy pants
oops. :-[ well, I didn't look that up like I usualy do.

But the point stands, that the CR was higher then the party level, and the monsters had an ambush and homefield advantage, yet the party was barely scathed.

Top Bottom