Sopranos!

CnC

Ad Oculos
Walter said:
That's some BS. What about all the stylized deaths that occured earlier this season alone? That slow-motion one in the restaurant with Silvio ... can't get much more stylized (and awesome, by the way) than that.

huh... didn't know about that.

that HYPOCRITE! :chomp:

That's what Chase himself said during an interview, not just my interpretation, but I think you can justly criticize him for it.
I also enjoyed Silvio's death,
but
I'd hate to see a slow mo shot of Tony being whacked.
He was basically trying to say that mob life, and death, is just everyday business, not glorious. Of course, the series had quite a few glorious (or at least stylized) death scenes, so he seems to contradict himself. Basically, the visual representation of Paulie' realization was a motif he was trying to develop this season (though he didn't go about doing it all that well, in my opinion.)

Pesmerga

This is going to be one hell of a party
I really like this series and i'm very sad it's over.

The last episode is a good episode (the one before the last is better for me), now it's finally over, but the end of the series is good by chance :serpico:

ShinHell9

I started on here when I was like 14...
EndlessSky said:
All I have to say is why the hell was he eating sushi, NO WAY IN HELL is a MOBster gonna take sushi over spaghetti,meatballs and tomato sauce I don't care what you say.

Tomato sauce isn't the only thing Italians eat. There's also Vodka sauce...

Or alfredo....

Or Pesto....

Kakkoii_Guts

海賊王になる男だ
I suppose after letting it stew for a few days, that I don't hate the last episode. It certainly wasn't the best way to have handled any of it.

I was hoping that the show would go back to how great it was in the first season and second season. Sadly it never did.

Walter

Administrator
Staff member
Kakkoii_Guts said:
I was hoping that the show would go back to how great it was in the first season and second season. Sadly it never did.
If you were hoping the show to accomplish that in one final 1-hour episode, that was a little ridiculous. I saw the whole thing last night, and liked it a lot. People's expectations were really too high. It ended stylishly, and, if you were paying attention at all to this season's (6.5's) opener, you'd "get" the cut to black. Rewatch the scene with Tony and Bobby on the boat, naysayers.

The whole episode screamed closure. What's not to like?

I really liked how AJ was cured, in his own ignorant way. He'll be living at home the next 20 years, but at least he's not complaining about the world anymore. Good to see Paulie stepping up to the plate and accepting the responsibility he'd shirked all these years. It was a brave move, even though he was pushed into a corner by Tony. Oh, and the "sweeping" scene was great =).

I won't miss the show that much. It had run its course. Good to see it end respectably, even if only an apparent handful can appreciate it.

Kakkoii_Guts

海賊王になる男だ
Walter said:
If you were hoping the show to accomplish that in one final 1-hour episode, that was a little ridiculous.

My comment was meant to encompass from season three on. It never really seemed to catch the spark that the earlier episodes had. With that said after re-watching the last few episodes of this season, I'm coming away from it feeling much better about how things were left off.

CnC

Ad Oculos
Walter said:
The whole episode screamed closure. What's not to like?

And for those who require a little bit more closure:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7EwUG2nSLdw

...Enjoy

KazigluBey

Misanthrōpos
One of the few shows on TV that I followed from beginning to end. Definitely agree that things started to get watered down a bit towards the end with the focus more on family life, but there isn't a season that I wouldn't get on DVD. I've probably watched every episode a dozen times so I'm pretty burnt out on The Sopranos. :guts:

Top Bottom