SPECIAL: Berserk (2016) Anime Impressions - Episode 1

Walter

Administrator
Staff member

SPECIAL: Berserk (2016) Anime Impressions - Episode 1 (19m)

Walter and Aaz share their takes on the new Berserk anime, the day that it aired.

===========================================
Subscribe to the podcast on iTunes or by plugging this address
into your favorite podcast app: http://skullknight.net/podcast/rss.xml

===========================================

Uriel

This journey isn't ov--AARGH!
Wanted to watch it when I got home from work late last night, but promptly fell asleep. This will have to do! Looking forward to it.

Griffith

With the streak of a tear, Like morning dew
I couldn't even watch that monstrosity for 19 minutes. At least that's some consolation for me.

long time board lurker here. But the airing of this episode has prompted to me to post. Thank you for your podcast episode on this.. I am relieved to hear that I share all your opinions on the matter. I had low expectations.. but I didnt realise how low they should have been. It left such a bad taste in my mouth.

The thing I dont get, in particularly on a Berserk FB group, is the zealous advocacy of the episode and its appalling animation.. Moreover I have been now dubbed a hater and an elitist for thinking ill of the show and I should be appreciative and 'why don't you animate it then' responses... Not cool.. not cool :judo:

Patt said:
'why don't you animate it then' responses... Not cool.. not cool :judo:

:ganishka: those responses make absolutely no sense. I remember seeing a video where a comedian says "I have never flown a helicopter, but if I did see one in a tree I can still be like. Dude you fucked up" same thing applies here really.

Aazealh

Administrator
Staff member
Hello Patt,

Patt said:
The thing I dont get, in particularly on a Berserk FB group, is the zealous advocacy of the episode and its appalling animation.. Moreover I have been now dubbed a hater and an elitist for thinking ill of the show and I should be appreciative and 'why don't you animate it then' responses... Not cool.. not cool :judo:

Haha, some fans are like that: so long as something bears the name of their favorite manga/game/sports team/smartphone brand/etc. then they must love it and it must be great. I imagine people in that group are young on average, because it's not a mark of maturity.

I agree with what Walter said. This first episode is nothing to celebrate, but you have to at least give it a couple of episodes to get started. The part that worked in that episode was the stuff that came from The Brand episode. It was the only part of that episode that was not a mish mash of random things. Hopefully as they start to tell the story things will come together and improve.

Top Bottom