SPECIAL: Berserk (2016) Anime Impressions - Episode 3

Walter

Administrator
Staff member

SPECIAL: Berserk (2016) Anime Impressions - Episode 3 (43m)

We discuss the new scenario written by Miura and how it stacks up alongside all the other problems with this new adaptation.

===========================================
Subscribe to the podcast on iTunes or by plugging this address
into your favorite podcast app: http://skullknight.net/podcast/rss.xml

===========================================

residentgrigo

Excitement and Enjoyment!
"Oh boy" indeed :carcus:, put that on the home release box. I find it fascinating that Walter´s backstory of the Dog (?)-Apostel is deferent from what Aaz gave me or what i put together...
About the censorship, further note the even more pointless black beams. (What did those censor?) It is censorship BUT also an artificial / agreed upon reason to sell "uncut" Blue-Rays and to promote premium channel streams, as AT-X. Basically all current midnight anime releases have it. Another trend are 5 min audio-drama specials.
PS: It was 6 minutes @ the end. I was shocked too and i will finish this f̶i̶g̶h̶t̶ show.

I think the flashbacks and images Puck picked up from Lady Taxidermy all belonged to Brog apostle. He would have been there to see Femto.

Walter

Administrator
Staff member
buttonmasher said:
I think the flashbacks and images Puck picked up from Lady Taxidermy all belonged to Brog apostle. He would have been there to see Femto.

Yeah but the Eclipse wouldn't have been a valuable, powerful memory for him like it would for Guts.

Shame that you won't be doing any more impressions. They were entertaining while they lasted (more entertaining than the actual show, that's for damn sure), but I understand. Venting gets old after a while and frustration just isn't worth the price (or eight bucks a month), and it's far more productive to focus on more positive things, like the manga, after all.

this episode was such a cluster fuck. Why were the end credits playing over the top of a scene? And as you touched on, that 'clang' sound effect as it cuts through ghosts and meat and bone and fucking ghosts...

Boy, I can relate to your apathy in watching these. Was in no hurry to see this one and I will most likely forget these exist for a while.

I can also relate in the strange feeling of still being let down by this new series yet not nearly as disappointed as the film trilogy. This one is objectively worse by a large margin on both a technical and structural sense. At least the films had some quality hand drawn animation for what was there and it was generally a consistent style.

This one has different 2-D animated sequences farmed out to several outfits and the majority are noticeably third rate with the only real quality efforts lasting a few seconds. It's like this series was funded by the pocket change found under the theater seats from the first film. Unless you are dealing with an animator or company that excels at subtler limited animation techniques, often times, it's just not worth it such heavy sacrifices a series like this.

While I personally liked these chronicles on your withering thoughts and expectations on this series as it goes on, it's easy to understand why you don't feel these to be necessary any longer now that is seems like this series is unable to fill a role as a quality or even passable Berserk adaptation.

Top Bottom