Star Wars Episode III: Revenge of the Sith

Korcas

King of Cheesecake
Well, with Episode 1's explanation about what the force really is, why shouldn't they be able to artificially "give" beings the force?

Besides, he was supposed to be "part-alien", wasn't he?

nomad

"Bring the light of day"
Mr. Badguy said:
Is he a sith cyborg or something?
I am not well informed in this character, but he is not a Sith... an Alien that is well known for its strengh. If my memory doesn't fail me, I believe he has the droid body for he's extensive damage, also to enhance he's abilities.

As for the whole Capoeira thing...so far it does not look bad. You can see it in the crappy animation mini-series. Uses lightsabers with he's feet and both hands...although uses them only to block the Jedi's attacks. He's just a General who wants to despose all the Jedi. Was he hired by the emperor???... don't know. But I believe he's role will be a short one.

nir085

Horse and Armor
If I'm not mistaken, he's just the [general] of all the battle droids. Haven't seen the animated series (only read about it) so I don't know who the original alien was...I didn't hear anything about who General Grievous originally was. In the SW Expanded Universe novels and comics, there are always these Dark Jedi, machines, temples, and whatnot, but since Lucas does not consider EU when making the films, Grievous is probably just a really powerful weapon of the Sith, instead of a Sith being himself. Darth Baal's Sith code also dictates that there can be only two Sith lords at a time (no more, no less), as you probably know, so there's no chance this alien was ever a Sith Lord even when he was younger. If he was, then his species has a long lifespan.

Whos the next sith after Darth Maul? Maul should have stayed alive at least till episode 3....... >:( hes the best of them all! hehe......... So Vader is next? no other sith in between?

Haven't seen the animated series (only read about it)
Aw dude, download the series off of Kazaa. It's so worth it. It was so much better than Episode 2 and the action was intense. I recommend anyone who hasn't seen this series to download it. There are plans to release the series as a DVD movie which will clock in at 105 minutes long.

Maul should have stayed alive at least till episode 3....... hes the best of them all!
That lightsaber duel owned all others.

Chrome Coffin

Muppet of Death
Bio on Grievous:

When the greedy corporate titans and the disenfranchised systems of the galaxy pooled their resources together to leave the aging Galactic Republic behind, they became the Confederacy of Independent Systems. Their military assets formed a droid army of seemingly limitless size -- a weapon that needed a military mastermind to wield effectively.

From within the ranks of the Confederacy came General Grievous, a brilliant strategist unhindered by compassion or scruples. His lightning strikes and effective campaigns caused his reputation to grow in the eyes of a frightened Republic. To many, he eclipsed the threat posed by Count Dooku, the charismatic leader of the Confederacy's political battlefields -- Grievous was the face of the enemy.

Part non-humanoid alien, part custom-designed droid, Grievous hunted Jedi for sport and proudly displayed his victims' lightsabers around his belt as trophies of his conquests. His unorthodox fighting form and mechanical enhancements gave him an edge in close-quarters combat, and his strategic ingenuity and flawless cunning rendered him almost invincible against the Jedi.

Nomad said:
You could be right... the one thing that I noticed though... the "cape" that Count Duku (ep.2) was wearing was very similar to the one that Vader had...
Just like the red saber, its a sith tradition.

And for the thing about Anakin getting screwed up by Obi-Wan, I think thats wrong. I've read in several places that somehow he gets splashed by some kind of burning liquid (lava or some kind of acid) and that fucks up his lungs and body. That explains the beastly James Earl Jones voice 8).

Majin Tenshi said:
During a fight with Obiwan, Anakin falls in a pit of lava...
thats the story behind it. 
Yah, I was going to say that but I didn't know if it was right or not. Haha, I've heard so much bull shit about that stuff. The one that I actually was believing for a while was that Anakin cuts a pipe or something open on accident and all the shit spills on him and burns him.

EDIT: OH! And I heard that General Grievous isn't going to be a short appearance. He is like the main guy that destroys all of the jedi. And for shitloads of jedi to go to like 3, I don't think it will be short. Can't wait to hear his voice either.

lbrown726

God-Emperor of the llamas!
The Dragon Reborn said:
Whos the next sith after Darth Maul?
Dooku, right? I've stopped expecting Lucas's movies to be too complex. Maybe you guys with all your Expanded Universe knowledge know better.

Muad'Dib said:
Dooku, right?  I've stopped expecting Lucas's movies to be too complex.  Maybe you guys with all your Expanded Universe knowledge know better.
Sorry to post again so soon. But yes Dooku was in between. Originally there were many siths who were everywhere. None of them got along. One sith named Bane was poisoned by his own bretheren and then fleed. Then one of the Siths made a thoughtbomb that destroyed almost every Sith. Except for Bane. He remained alive and found a young girl who was alone and had just killed few men. He trained her in the art of the Sith. He made new guidelines for the Sith. One of them was of course, there should be only two sith, a master, and an apprentice. The Sith remained hidden for 1000 years and then Darth Sidious (Palpatine) appeared. You know the rest.
Bane, Zannah
(1000 years)
Sidious, Maul
Sidious, Dooku
Sidious, Vader

Chrome Coffin

Muppet of Death
EDIT:  OH! And I heard that General Grievous isn't going to be a short appearance. He is like the main guy that destroys all of the jedi. And for shitloads of jedi to go to like 3, I don't think it will be short. Can't wait to hear his voice either.

Yep. This is a major character folks. I like it, very menacing and scary looking.

Could be wrong about him having something to do with the transformation tho, as I spotted this:

anakin_skywalker_ep3.jpg

Nomad said:
Obi One becomes one of the Republic's general...while Anakin is still a Padawan.
He's not a padawan anymore.
Anakin challenges he's master to prove he's abilities... but fails. (not the last battle)
Who said it wouldn't be the last battle?

Korcas said:
with Episode 1's explanation about what the force really is
Episode I didn't explain the Force. It explained the midichlorians.

Nomad said:
As for the whole Capoeira thing...so far it does not look bad. You can see it in the crappy animation mini-series.
Nobody said he would be using "capoeira" in the movie.

nir085 said:
Darth Baal
Darth Bane.

Jon Schaffer said:
I heard that General Grievous isn't going to be a short appearance. He is like the main guy that destroys all of the jedi.
BS.

nomad

"Bring the light of day"
Olivier Hague said:

There will be 2 battle scenes between Anakin and Obi Wan. 1st one  Anakin challenges Obi Wan to prove that he allready posses powers to become more than a Padawan...  (it's been a few years since Ep. 2, Obi Wan leads the Army of the Republic, while Anakin stays the same)

The second fight, will be a fight to the finish.

Olivier Hague said:
Nobody said he would be using "capoeira" in the movie.

true... I just saw he's "review" in the magazine...
dwarfkicker [quote author=dwarfkicker said:
that lightsaber duel owned all others.

Very true...another "gossip" is that the last duel will last 12 minutes....YEAH RIGHT!!! I say, 10 min. of the outside battle 1 min. of actual Jedi vs Dark Jedi (or sith) and 1 min. of talking  ;D

Nomad said:
There will be 2 battle scenes between Anakin and Obi Wan.
Nope. Just one.
1st one  Anakin challenges Obi Wan to prove that he allready posses powers to become more than a Padawan...  (it's been a few years since Ep. 2, Obi Wan leads the Army of the Republic, while Anakin stays the same)
_Again_, Anakin isn't a padawan anymore, when the movie begins.

Olivier Hague said:
Really? I believe you and everything but what are your sources? I would love to read them.

EDIT:
Anakin challenges he's master to prove he's abilities... but fails. (not the last battle)
Olivier Hague said:
Nomad said:
There will be 2 battle scenes between Anakin and Obi Wan. 1st one  Anakin challenges Obi Wan to prove that he allready posses powers to become more than a Padawan...  (it's been a few years since Ep. 2, Obi Wan leads the Army of the Republic, while Anakin stays the same)

The second fight, will be a fight to the finish.
Olivier Hague said:
Nope. Just one.
I think what he meant Oliver was that this would not be the last battle between Obi-Wan and Anakin throughout the series. I could be wrong though, your always right  :p.

Jon Schaffer said:
Really? I believe you and everything but what are your sources? I would love to read them.
I guess you could find summaries on sites like http://www.millenniumfalcon.com and http://www.theforce.net.
I think what he meant Oliver was that this would not be the last battle between Obi-Wan and Anakin throughout the series.
Oh. True. ^_^;
... But also somewhat debatable. I don't know if you've heard of the new changes that have been made for the "classic trilogy" DVDs, but...

Griffith

With the streak of a tear, Like morning dew
Olivier Hague said:
I don't know if you've heard of the new changes that have been made for the "classic trilogy" DVDs, but...

Sadly, the Obi-Wan/Vader battle in A New Hope had to be cut for time to make room for the new computer generated Luke/Jawa gangbang scene.

God bless you, Lucas.

nomad

"Bring the light of day"
Olivier Hague said:
_Again_, Anakin isn't a padawan anymore, when the movie begins.

Interesting... I only go for the "gossip" crap  :-\, and like said before you are usually right, so  Il take you're word on that  ;D

I do have a question though... I heard that George Lucas was going to give N'Synk a role as jedi's in episode 2 during the 1st clone war... This is without a doubt the most disturbing story I haved heard..., If you or any member here have some information about that...please advise.

Azn He-Man666

Was it you who killed my companions,one after one?
Nomad said:
I do have a question though... I heard that George Lucas was going to give N'Synk a role as jedi's in episode 2 during the 1st clone war... This is without a doubt the most disturbing story I haved heard..., If you or any member here have some information about that...please advise.
Wait you mean N'sync like the band?

If so, then I agree with you, this is without a doubt the most disturbing story I've ever heard, not to mention they've broken up and it wouldn't make sense to put them in there anyway would it?

Top Bottom