Star Wars Episode III: Revenge of the Sith

dwarfkicker said:
He's not going beyond episode 6.  He is however considering a tv series with Mark Hamil reprising his role as Luke Skywalker for a few episodes here and there.

Any links to that theory?

nir085

Horse and Armor
You forgot Kevin Smith   :-\

... >:( >:( >:(

It's not a rumor by the way, Sparnage; there has been actual talk, not just rumors, about SW (EU) living on through a TV series...but I'm sure not expecting much. I can recall reading some stuff from theforce.net, maybe superherohype.com and other sites as well.

Hopefully Lucas will choose to delve into important matters in the EU timeline or the actual timeline that the movies couldn't cover, like Shadows of the Empire, Palpatine's origin, Sifo-Dyas, Vader's apparition meeting Leia, etc.

Opie

The Sex Icon
Other than the destruction of Alderaan and the killing of Lukes foster parents has anyone seen the Empire order anything truly evil? I at least hope that Palpy orders some badness by the end of the movie so we can see why most people don't much care for the Empire later on.

nir085

Horse and Armor
The Jedi Holocaust and the destruction of the Old Republic ::) ...

(and yes, that counts because Emperor Palpatine was the one who ordered it for the sake of the Empire)

Also the near destruction of Yavin 4, the dissolution of the Senate, lots of stuff in EU too (examples include: a temple of children being massacred and Palpatine being a racist against non-humans)...and they're only three movies, so it's not like Lucas spent all of his budget on creating foul Sith deeds [for the OT].

Griffith

With the streak of a tear, Like morning dew
nir085 said:
SW (EU) living on through a TV series...

More like a dragging out of it's depressing undead state. This series is a zombie, it was dead after Jedi, everybody stop looking at the wreck already and let it R.I.P.

Opie

The Sex Icon
Well it seems to me the Old Republic wasn't exactly in the best shape or even working when it was it went away so you culd almost say his Empire brought stability to the galaxy.

And does EU count? Alot of the EU became void at the start of the prequels so I only trust the movies.

PS: What exactly is the Force, I never really got a clear explaination and you guys seem to know your Lucas.

waqas

Oh, nevermind...
Opie said:
PS: What exactly is the Force, I never really got a clear explaination and you guys seem to know your Lucas.

Not so long ago, in a place not so far from here, a young man discovers that the secret to his strange and mystic powers, known only as "the force", lie in the most unexpected place possible, inside him....

HITLER YOUTH RECRUIT
                         Master, sir... I've been wondering...
                         what are midi-chlorians?

HITLER
                         Midi-chlorians are a microcopic
                         lifeform that reside within all living
                         cells and communicates with the Force.

HITLER YOUTH RECRUIT
                         They live inside of me?

HITLER
                         In your cells. We are symbionts with
                         the midi-chlorians.

HITLER YOUTH RECRUIT
                         Symbionts?

HITLER
                         Life forms living together for mutual
                         advantage. Without the midi-chlorians,
                         life could not exist, and we would
                         have no knowledge of the Force. They
                         continually speak to you, telling
                         you the will of the Force.

HITLER YOUTH RECRUIT
                         They do??

HITLER
                         When you learn to quiet your mind,
                         you will hear them speaking to you.

HITLER YOUTH RECRUIT
                         I don't understand.

HITLER
                         With time and training,...you will.

----------------------------------------------

Yes, I'm being facetious.

waqas

Oh, nevermind...
Khorne said:
That wasn`t funny, Wagas. >:(

You're right. The idea that tiny little life forms provide select people (or races  ;)) with mystical powers isn't funny at all. It's down right fascist.

BTW, it's Waqas. ;)

nomad

"Bring the light of day"
read in an article; Lucas is debating weather to make this one a PG-13 instead of just your usual PG movie. Also General Grievous will have a 4 lightsaber fight with Obi-Wan (I'm thinking Capoeira). Also Count Duku will be beheaded by Mr. Skywalker himself. that's all for now, stay tunned

Griffith

Nomad said:
read in an article; Lucas is debating weather to make this one a PG-13 instead of just your usual PG movie.  Also General Grievous will have a 4 lightsaber fight with Obi-Wan (I'm thinking Capoeira).  Also Count Duku will be beheaded by Mr. Skywalker himself.  that's all for now, stay tunned

Well, it all sounds perfectly tepid and predictable, but thanks for spoiling the movie anyway.

nomad

"Bring the light of day"
Smith said:
Count Duku was almost on par with Yoda himself and yet he can still behead him?
As Olivier said, Anakin is not a Padawan anymore.  And even so, remember that he's supposed to become one of the strongest of the Jedi's (not saying that he's stronger than Yoda, but HEY! he's gotta start somewhere right?).  Besides, we really don't even know how is going to happen (as in circumstances).

to sum up this little argument, you might as well say that there is no way to predict the ramblings of an idiotic and deranged millionaire director who can't write a script to save his life. all we can do is rely on the fact that if george lucas can find a way to ruin this movie, he will. so it will suck, the same way the last two sucked. if you want to find out what happens without having to shoot yourself in the face, then just read the book when it comes out. i guarantee that your imagination is 20x better than anything george lucas can come up with in post production. for real star wars insight, read timothy zahn. there wouldn't be coruscant without him. he is the true father of the star wars universe.

Aravis said:
for real star wars insight, read timothy zahn. there wouldn't be coruscant without him. he is the true father of the star wars universe.
Exactly. The first star wars books I read were the Thrawn trilogy. Zahn is great. The only star wars books that I find really great except Timothy Zahns are the new jedi order books. Hail Yun-Yammka!!

i am glad someone agrees!

i am posting to humbly apologize to walter for writing something that may be above some heads. so i will attempt to explain what i was alluding to earlier:

yes, lucas is the creator of star wars. he came up with the characters and the outline. he made three movies. 8 years later zahn came out with his trilogy afterwhich many creative (and not so creative) authors picked up the storyline and added their own spin, to the point that now the star wars universe is something that is barely recognizable. it is because of all the hype surrounding the various books that led to the making of episodes 1, 2, and 3. even then lucas used terms that zahn had come up with. lucas is merely the star wars sperm donor. zahn is the guy we call "dad".

Griffith

Created Coruscant, the Hell you say!? HOLY SHIT! :eek:

Yeah, and responsible for the Star Wars "universe" too, huh? This is a good thing? Like it or not, like him or not, Lucas and Irvin Kershner are responsible for the only Star Wars that matters; the trilogy, end of story. Or it would be I should say, if it wasn't for the Boba Fett-loving fanboys and girls out there that couldn't just enjoy some fun movies and let it go at that. Zahn is totally irrelevent, his accomplishment here boils down to writing fanfics based on something Lucas stopped caring about 20 years ago.

If anything, he's just another one of the many uncles that molested this series out behind the shed after Daddy left.

In the books stand that they have been approved by lucasart. So as far as I am concerned, the Bantam books are just as authentic Star Wars as the original trilogy, Griffith.

Griffith

Khorne said:
In the books stand that they have been approved by lucasart. So as far as I am concerned, the Bantam books are just as authentic Star Wars as the original trilogy, Griffith.

yodastoriesfront.jpg

Lucasarts Approved "Authentic Star Wars!" :D

2-yoda4.gif

www.skullknight.net/griffith/starwars.wav​

Top Bottom