Star Wars Episode III: Revenge of the Sith

Azn He-Man666

Was it you who killed my companions,one after one?
Hadn't George Lucas said he was going to do movies, seven, eight and nine?

The ones that come after the original trilogy?

Will he ever be done ruining star wars?

Mr. Badguy said:

The ones that come after the original trilogy?

Will he ever be done ruining star wars?
I'm quite certain that he said he wouldn't. He said he might die making them (or he didn't but we all KNEW it) and he didn't want anyone else finishing them. But if he did I'd be glad. I hope he releases the books at least.

nomad

"Bring the light of day"
Jon Schaffer said:
Yay, I found it. Beastly.General Grievous.

This movie starts at one of the last battles.... what I find interesting, is that this "general" fights with lightsaber(S) (Capoeira style).  But as usual... good characters (for the most part)...short fighting scene I presume  >:(

Mr. Badguy said:

1st he said that it would not be possible... now he mentioned that it's not completly out of the question.... sounds to me that he will crap out he's own masterpiece whenever he needs more retirement money.

Azn He-Man666

Under normal circumstances I wouldn't see this movie but, that General Grevious looks pretty bad ass and has potential.

So, if someone explains his behavior and mannerisim's to me then I think I may go see this movie.

Nomad said:
This movie starts at one of the last battles.... what I find interesting, is that this "general" fights with lightsaber(S) (Capoeira style).
Yeah he is supposed to use like four (his arms split from two to four). But like you said it will probably be short. SHIT! Oh well, I'm still going to see it.

lbrown726

God-Emperor of the llamas!
For me, Lucas killed Star Wars when he explained "the Force" in episode 1.

The retouched original trilogy was a mixed bag - I thought he did a good job of fleshing out Bespin/Cloud City and the Hoth cave in Empire, but pausing the film in A New Hope for Greedo to shoot at Han first (not to mention "click and drag"-ing Han over Jabba's tail) was absolutely atrocious.  The Greedo change was particularly annoying, because it whitewashed such a cool scene.  Han shooting Greedo in cold blood under the table was the equivalent of Tarantino for a 5 year old me.

I will see Ep 3 for curiosity's sake, but the soul of the series is gone.

Like I said. Episodes 4-6 are classics. I didnt really care for the new stuff, but hey, thats what Lucas invisioned when he first directed Star Wars so I respect that. As for Episodes 1-3 Id buy em just because its Star Wars. But the new prequels will never be classics.

At least Star Wars is better than Star Trek. Trekkies suck.......... :p

Chrome Coffin

Muppet of Death
This is teh new villian, General Grievous...

grievous_4.jpg

Something tells me this guy has A LOT to do with the Anakin into Darth Vader thing...

Aazealh

Administrator
Staff member
DarkDragoon said:
What makes ya say that...

http://www.starwars.com/databank/character/generalgrievous/
http://www.starwars.com/episode-iii/bts/me3/4.html

Part non-humanoid alien, part custom-designed droid, Grievous hunted Jedi for sport and proudly displayed his victims' lightsabers around his belt as trophies of his conquests. His unorthodox fighting form and mechanical enhancements gave him an edge in close-quarters combat, and his strategic ingenuity and flawless cunning rendered him almost invincible against the Jedi.

lbrown726

God-Emperor of the llamas!
Mr. Badguy said:
Wait in the retouched original trilogy, didn't they make Han Solo stomp on Jaba's tail?
Yes. But the end result really looked like some one click and dragging Han over the tail. It was really bad.

Korcas

King of Cheesecake
I wish Lucas would stop trying to be "badass" with this new trilogy. :/

He's been adding things that, obviously, he thinks are cool for kids these days, racing segments, a rastafari, a capoera using alien robot with several sabers, that just makes it seem like he's trying to be "cool" with the things he thinks of.

But nonetheless, I always wanted to see Episode 3, no matter how much the first sucked, only to see Anakin ending as crippled as he needs to be to turn into Darth Vader. That'll be worth it. ;P

nomad

"Bring the light of day"
Chrome Coffin said:
Something tells me this guy has A LOT to do with the Anakin into Darth Vader thing...

Obi One becomes one of the Republic's general...while Anakin is still a Padawan. Anakin challenges he's master to prove he's abilities... but fails. (not the last battle) that and Padme's death will have a lot to do with it...

Chrome Coffin

Muppet of Death
Obi One becomes one of the Republic's general...while Anakin is still a Padawan. Anakin challenges he's master to prove he's abilities... but fails. (not the last battle) that and Padme's death will have a lot to do with it...

I'm talking about the actual transformation, dude. You know...the heavy breathing, the improved strength, the weird vader suit?

Grievous has something to do with it

nomad

"Bring the light of day"
Chrome Coffin said:
I'm talking about the actual transformation, dude. You know...the heavy breathing, the improved strength, the weird vader suit?

Grievous has something to do with it

You could be right... the one thing that I noticed though... the "cape" that Count Duku (ep.2) was wearing was very similar to the one that Vader had...

Azn He-Man666

Korcas said:
I wish Lucas would stop trying to be "badass" with this new trilogy. :/

He's been adding things that, obviously, he thinks are cool for kids these days, racing segments, a rastafari, a capoera using alien robot with several sabers, that just makes it seem like he's trying to be "cool" with the things he thinks of.

But nonetheless, I always wanted to see Episode 3, no matter how much the first sucked, only to see Anakin ending as crippled as he needs to be to turn into Darth Vader. That'll be worth it. ;P
Well, I could deal with a several saber using robot, but the capoera needs to go...

Korcas

King of Cheesecake
Mr. Badguy said:
Well, I could deal with a several saber using robot, but the capoera needs to go...

It's a stupid combination, anyway, Capoera is never used with weapons.

Azn He-Man666

Korcas said:
It's a stupid combination, anyway, Capoera is never used with weapons.
And thats why it needs to go, then again how is the robot using lightsabers?

Is he a sith cyborg or something?

Majin_Tenshi

The can opener went bye-bye...
Well, I don't believe that they ever said that you need force powers to turn a saber on... Luke does it with zero training. Its just far more effective if you have training.

I figure, if SW droids weren't so crappy, you could make a droid duelest. Certaily it'd be able to mechanicaly keep up with a jedi's speed and power. Given enough visual processing and field of vision, I figure it could block blaster shots and keep up with jedi too...But then again, SW droids are crappy.

Top Bottom