Star Wars Episode III: Revenge of the Sith

i in no way meant to undermine the wonderfulness that is the original trilogy. i am merely saying that without zahn we star wars lovers would have nothing, not even the hideously pathetic episode that is about to be released. i have read every star wars book out there (except the new jedi order, which is beneath me) and i can't imagine life without them. to me, an avid reader of star wars, zahn is the real master mind.

Griffith

With the streak of a tear, Like morning dew
Aravis said:
i in no way meant to undermine the wonderfulness that is the original trilogy. i am merely saying that without zahn we star wars lovers would have nothing, not even the hideously pathetic episode that is about to be released. i have read every star wars book out there (except the new jedi order, which is beneath me) and i can't imagine life without them. to me, an avid reader of star wars, zahn is the real master mind.

If you think the books are the best thing to come out of Star Wars, who am I to argue with what you like? But I have a general issue with retroactively taking credit away from the creator; however good subsequent works by other authors may be. Or however bad subsequient works by said origainal creator may be. ;)

D

darkbane

Aravis said:
not even the hideously pathetic episode that is about to be released.
Not to start a big argument or anything, but how can you say it is pathetic when it hasn't even been produced yet. Not that I necessarily think it will be any better than what we've seen out of that franchise lately, but...

Aravis said:
reader of star wars, zahn is the real master mind.
I'm torn on this. I've read some SW books some years ago, by authors such as Crispin, Anderson, and Allen. I've liked them well enough, but they were all on the same level, which is somewhat akin to Harry Potter I suppose - kids' books. Well, SW in the first place is like that, and it's not bad, which is why I don't really mind episode one and two even though I prefer the original ones. I haven't read this Zahn guy, but judging by other books, he couldn't have done so much better (Crispin was really good, for this category of books that is). Still, I have reservations about praising anyone who writes in a borrowed universe.

"Griffith No More!" said:
http://www.tuttoconsole.com/gameboy/giochi/yodastoriesfront.jpg

Lucasarts Approved "Authentic Star Wars!" :D

http://www.echostation.com/echo2/2-yoda4.gif

www.skullknight.net/griffith/starwars.wav​
To specify, I was referring to the BANTAM BOOKS, griffith, not some gameboy.

PS. Darkbane, if you think Zahns star wars books are for small kids, you are very much mistaken. And check out the New Jedi Order series of books, you won`t be disappointed, trust me.

Griffith

Khorne said:
To specify, I was referring to the BANTAM BOOKS, griffith, not some gameboy.

To specify, the, point, for, you. You're beloved BANTAM BOOKS are as much "authentic Star Wars" as Yoda Stories is. Sorry to have to break this to you, enjoy the awesome official authentic canon Ninteno Player's approved Christmas Special too.

Khorne said:
PS. Darkbane, if you think Zahns star wars books are for small kids, you are very much mistaken. And check out the New Jedi Order series of books, you won`t be disappointed, trust me.

No, Darkbane hit it on the head, Star Wars is fun for all ages, but let's not forget that we're not exactly dealing with serious stuff here. And the "small kids" I know read better, actually.

nomad

"Bring the light of day"
  Since we are bringing up all sorts of branches on the whole Star Wars world, plus the whole "Batman Dead End" thread has been resurrected might as well pop in another home made movie.  Did a little bit of a search in here but did not see any links nor topics in regards to this.  But if it has been posted before feel free to delete this post. I am sure many of you have seen this allready.

http://download.theforce.net/theater/shortfilms/contract/contractofevil.zip

The film is 76MB and runs at 16:24. 

Griffith

Nomad said:
  Since we are bringing up all sorts of branches on the whole Star Wars world, plus the whole "Batman Dead End" thread has been resurrected might as well pop in another home made movie.  Did a little bit of a search in here but did not see any links nor topics in regards to this.  But if it has been posted before feel free to delete this post. I am sure many of you have seen this allready.

http://download.theforce.net/theater/shortfilms/contract/contractofevil.zip

The film is 76MB and runs at 16:24.

Makes me want to watch Episode I again, which honestly isnt' that bad a movie, you know, compared to Episode II at least. Awful title though (this, not Ep. III).

D

darkbane

Khorne said:
I am thinking of declaring Ar`krai against you, Griffith........
That's probably not one of your better ideas. ;D

Anyway, I was meeting with a friend of mine a couple of days ago, and we ended up talking about books. He had a lot of good stuff to say about this Zahn dude also, so I figure I might read one or two during the upcoming vacation. 8)

darkbane said:
That's probably not one of your better ideas.  ;D

Anyway, I was meeting with a friend of mine a couple of days ago, and we ended up talking about books. He had a lot of good stuff to say about this Zahn dude also, so I figure I might read one or two during the upcoming vacation.  8)
Start with the thrawn trilogy, they are his best star wars books.
btw, do you actually KNOW what Ar`krai means, Darkbane? Because if you do, my respecy for you will increase ten-fold. ;D

D

darkbane

Khorne said:
Start with the thrawn trilogy, they are his best star wars books.
btw, do you actually KNOW what Ar`krai means, Darkbane? Because if you do, my respecy for you will increase ten-fold. ;D

Well, I didn't before you wrote it down first, but apparently it's some kind of Jihad-like all-out war, initiated by the Bothans in some obscure SW book or another. Google is our friend. 8)

And yes, I plan to start with those, as my friend also said they're his best work.

darkbane said:
Well, I didn't before you wrote it down first, but apparently it's some kind of Jihad-like all-out war, initiated by the Bothans in some obscure SW book or another. Google is our friend.  8)

And yes, I plan to start with those, as my friend also said they're his best work.
Yep,Ar`krai is mentioned in one of the new jedi order books. Apparently, it is bothan for"total war".

nomad

"Bring the light of day"
WARNING!

This Link contains spoilers about the entire movie.  And please, for the sake of those who choose not to watch... let's keep our comments to ourselves on this one... Please.

Nomad said:
WARNING!

This Link contains spoilers about the entire movie.  And please, for the sake of those who choose not to watch... let's keep our comments to ourselves on this one... Please.

Thanks Nomad! You just saved me 12 bucks! ;D

I just saw the new trailer tonight. It premired at the end of the OC (I don't watch that show FYI). Effects wise and action wise, I think this will be the best Star Wars movie, but story wise, I don't think the Empire Strikes Back can be topped, though I hope I'm wrong and this one turns out to be the best of the movies.

A trailer should be up for download tomarrow or much later tonight.

Rhombaad

Video Game Time Traveler
Yeah I saw it, too. Acting-wise it's going to be more of the same, but I agree with you that it's definitely going to have the best effects (of course being the newest Star Wars I would hope it topped it's predicessors in terms of SFX). I hope the lightsabre fights are better this time around with the other Jedi. I'm looking forward to Yoda taking on Darth Sidius though. That lil' guy's got some hops. ;D

When I saw Yoda flipping around fighting with a lightsaber, I almost couldn't watch it was so rediculous. What were they thinking? Yoda is wise and frail.

Azn He-Man666

Was it you who killed my companions,one after one?
aufond said:
When I saw Yoda flipping around fighting with a lightsaber, I almost couldn't watch it was so rediculous.  What were they thinking?  Yoda is wise and frail.
Well he wouldn't need to be frail per se, but I think him standing there just smearing Dooku's ass all over would have been better then him going apeshit and screaming.

DarkBlademaster

Jesus cries when he looks at me.
Rage Incarnate said:
Anyone hear that Lucas plans to make a final movie after episode three?! 

Wrong

aufond said:
When I saw Yoda flipping around fighting with a lightsaber, I almost couldn't watch it was so rediculous. What were they thinking? Yoda is wise and frail.

Only a true starwars fan would understand. Besides, Lucas was trying to say Yoda was the master, not a master.

Top Bottom