Status of Berserk's Pre-publication

Status
Not open for further replies.
I've always been fine with waiting. My feeling is that this is one of my favorite stories I've ever read, and has such high quality that no matter how long Berserk takes to finish, we will have it forever once it's complete. Sometimes it's good to take a break and reflect on recent episodes, theories and speculation.

Rhombaad

Video Game Time Traveler
Aazealh said:
I recommend you to take the view that these hiatuses are what it takes in order for the story to not just meet our highest expectations, but continually surpass them. Each one of these episodes will forever be a masterpiece. When considered on that scale, the six months it'll take for them to come out shouldn't bother us.

Oh, I do. Don't get me wrong, I'm just bummed that it's going away for a while again. I'd rather wait than have Miura rush anything.

Besides, I've been following Berserk episodically since 2004, so I'm used to breaks in publication. It just means it's time to re-read the series again. :guts:

I think Miura just wants to make sure they don't completely fuck up the whole Berserker armor reveal and not some botched, hollow, anticlimactic telling of the story.

more episodes in the early part of 2017 is not a long wait at all. In fact that is much shorter than I expected. What ever time Miura needs to keep wowing us. :guts: :serpico:

residentgrigo

Excitement and Enjoyment!
The episodes / tankōbon now release to coincide with the anime season(s). Makes sense and the last batch was pronominal. My one hope for 2017 (good to know the return date) are more releases.
Last year had 6. That´s a decent number to target. I never had problems with waiting, but enough materiel per year to fill 1 volume would be good for the heath of the series.
We have zero info on what Miura is up to, so speculating is pointless. A certain anime could use his script guidance though. Who knows how long the next period of publication will last too.

Walter

Administrator
Staff member
residentgrigo said:
The episodes / tankōbon now release to coincide with the anime season(s). Makes sense and the last batch was pronominal. My one hope for 2017 (good to know the return date) are more releases.

It's possible, but not something we should be stating as a fact at this point.

residentgrigo

Excitement and Enjoyment!
I am just guessing but corporate synergy is everything these days. A plan for a traditional 3rd season would shock me though.
I would update the opening post with your hiatus chart, it´s quite topical and informative if this will be a mega thread.
http://skullknight.net/images/eps.htm

Walter

Administrator
Staff member
residentgrigo said:
I am just guessing but corporate synergy is everything these days.

It made sense to synchronize all the announcements for the launch of a new show. But I'm not sure it makes as much sense for a second season -- particularly when going on hiatus now and into 2017 guarantees there won't be enough material for Volume 39 by the time of the anime's return. Another hiatus was bound to happen. But just because the second season is planned for "Spring 2017" and Berserk is set to resume in "Early 2017" doesn't mean the two things are related.

The manga is resuming on the next issue. :ubik:

TLstTQ2.png

source: https://twitter.com/earlbox/status/839036860806549504

Hitoshura said:

TLstTQ2.png

What does the bubble say, exactly? 'Berserk 100p'? 100 pages? Some type of pull-out supplement?

Walter

Administrator
Staff member
Hitoshura said:

TLstTQ2.png

To be clear, the next issue is 3/10. But this advertisement is an early leak from that issue, indicating the issue with Berserk will be out 3/24.

RaffoBaffo

Ex-Newser of the late Berserk Chronicles
Can't say I'm surprised.
Can definitely say I'm happy :guts:

Aguirre said:
What does the bubble say, exactly? 'Berserk 100p'? 100 pages? Some type of pull-out supplement?
Probably a recap, like the last time.

I've been saying it'll be March for months. Looks like I was right! Looking forward to it for sure! I'm not expecting Casca's condition to be fully cured here, but we should learn a lot in this episode. At the very least, we dive into Casca's mind and learn about what exactly is going on in there. It'll also expose Schierke and Farnese to the Eclipse in some regard, and that should be an interesting thing to see. We've been waiting so long for this moment and it's finally happening. It's almost surreal.

On another note, the translation for the bubble in the preview supposedly says "Wonderful 100p full volume!!". As others have said, I'm assuming this is going to be a recap leading up to the episode. But in the past, wasn't the recap directly referred to as such? If so, maybe this is something different after all. Could we be so lucky as to get 100 pages of new material? I'm not expecting that at all, but boy would that be grand...

Grail

Feel the funk blast
Great news! It's actually sooner than I expected, I was banking on April.

I guess it's time for me to review the last few episodes, and wring my hands nervously for what's to come. :magni:

Walter

Administrator
Staff member
volatilecurry said:
On another note, the translation for the bubble in the preview supposedly says "Wonderful 100p full volume!!". As others have said, I'm assuming this is going to be a recap leading up to the episode. But in the past, wasn't the recap directly referred to as such? If so, maybe this is something different after all. Could we be so lucky as to get 100 pages of new material? I'm not expecting that at all, but boy would that be grand...

It's almost certainly going to be a recap of some of the manga material that Season 2 will cover. Back when Season 1 premiered, along with Ep 343 YA packed in a separate 100-page book that included 4 episodes from vol 16, covering the same bits the first handful of S1 episodes did. So, I'd expect this to cover Ep 179-183. Nothing to get too excited about, except seeing these pages in a larger, magazine-sized format.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom