Status of Berserk's Pre-publication

Status
Not open for further replies.

I know that I know :)

My post our worse
Bunny said:
Darn :( we're post 26 weeks now. Thought for sure we'd get an episode at the end of Feb :???:

Well, I think the next chapter is going to be something huge probably very important plot-wise maybe and it might be that Miura wants to take his time to perfect this chapter. It might be a Godhand appearance, or Casca and Guts, Griffith furthering his plans on controlling the hearts and minds of the people, or maybe it might be a chapter full of beautiful awe-inspiring sights once again showing Miura excellent skills as an artist. Whatever it is it will be well worth the wait as per usual that I can guarantee.

where is Skullknight :SK:

Walter

Administrator
Staff member
Heiji said:
No episode on february 22 in the Young Animal.

Well, I shouldn't be surprised, but somehow I am. Thanks for the early update. Now we're truly in uncharted territory. :shrug:

I know that I know :) said:
Well, I think the next chapter is going to be something huge probably very important plot-wise maybe and it might be that Miura wants to take his time to perfect this chapter. It might be a Godhand appearance, or Casca and Guts, Griffith furthering his plans on controlling the hearts and minds of the people, or maybe it might be a chapter full of beautiful awe-inspiring sights once again showing Miura excellent skills as an artist. Whatever it is it will be well worth the wait as per usual that I can guarantee.

There's no way that a 6 month break is the result of Miura not knowing how to execute on a single episode. He releases them in batches, so he's probably spending the time working on his next batch of episodes -- simple as that.

I know that I know :)

My post our worse
Walter said:
There's no way that a 6 month break is the result of Miura not knowing how to execute on a single episode. He releases them in batches, so he's probably spending the time working on his next batch of episodes -- simple as that.
He makes them in batches :???: makes sense better to release them one after another.

Walter

Administrator
Staff member
I know that I know :) said:
He makes them in batches :???: makes sense better to release them one after another.

5-6 releases dropped randomly throughout a calendar year makes much less business sense than 5-6 sequential monthly releases. Hence batches.

Take a look at the past decade on the release chart and it should make sense how it went from pure chaos to a semblance of order. http://skullknight.net/releases

Starting with the 5th issue, which will be published this Friday, of the Young Animal, the digital edition will be released on the same day as the paper edition. Until now, the digital edition was released two weeks after the paper edition.

Walter

Administrator
Staff member
Heiji said:
Starting with the 5th issue, which will be published this Friday, of the Young Animal, the digital edition will be released on the same day as the paper edition. Until now, the digital edition was released two weeks after the paper edition.

:ganishka: That's great news, except it's crazy that Hakusensha lasted as long as they did with this crazy scheme of not stepping on the toes of print.

Thanks for the update though. This is really great news for Berserk fans. It means there's zero reason not to get the Japanese digital editions officially.

Aazealh

Administrator
Staff member
Heiji said:

Awesome! This decreases the need to rely on scans provided by third parties for fans eager to follow the series' prepublication outside Japan.

Walter

Administrator
Staff member
Well, that's not a surprise. The last time Berserk was released in the second week, as opposed to the fourth week, was nearly 5 years ago (336 - 08/08/14).

DANGERDOOOOM

Rest In Peace, Kentaro Miura. We will miss you.
Heiji, I can't tell if you're a curse or a blessing.

Please Miura. Bless us with a taste of something.

No chapter on june 14 in the Young Animal #12.

I wasn't really expecting us to get an episode in the first Young Animal of June to begin with as Walter said, but still thanks for the update Heiji!!

I'm also almost sure the next one will come out on June, I can't see Miura coming back after 7 months just for one episode.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom