Strange German preview for volume 38?!

Status
Not open for further replies.

CheAkiwara

大天使 ~ ボイド
Hey guys !

I was just checking my local shop where I buy my Berserk volumes , and I found this !

http://www.thalia.de/shop/tha_homestartseite/suchartikel/berserk/kento_miura/ISBN3-95798-146-8/ID39154852.html?fftrk=2%3A3%3A10%3A10%3A1&jumpId=5090287

This is German , but it says : "...Now reaching Volume 38 the secret about Guts gets lifted." Release 15.09.14 ! Pages 228 ! Hoax? If not I would be so happy !
Also this wasn´t there before, it appeared today !

__________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

UPDATE : Hey guys !

Major update ! They did a mistake ! Recieved another E-Mail concerning this thread ^^

Translated Version : "Dear Mr. ********* ,

We are sorry to tell you that we made a mistake regarding your request about the release of "Berserk Vol. 38" , we first told you that the article would be released on 15.09.14.
Panini Comics (It´s the German comic publisher around here) informed us that the article will be released on the 15th September 2015."

I kind of knew :/

Soo....Good news for you all ? :)

It's bullshit. We don't have enough episodes to fill even half a volume and if im reading the date correctly the release date is september of this year? Nooo wayyy. Maybe its little fake hype to get people to buy more volumes from them?

CheAkiwara

大天使 ~ ボイド
I know , I mean we would at least need to have another 8 episodes to fill a volume but this is just confusing the hell out of me.
Berserk isnt really popular enough in Germany at least and they havent updated their Berserk catalouge in 1 year now. I dont understand why they would do this.

Has this happened before with other volumes?

Aazealh

Administrator
Staff member
At best it's an ill-informed placeholder for when they expect the volume to be released. It's of no interest to us.

CheAkiwara

大天使 ~ ボイド
It was too good to be true ...

It's of no interest to us.
1567155.png

I sent them an e-mail regarding the matter and If they even have information about the upcoming volume wich I highly doubt.

Walter

Administrator
Staff member
CheAkiwara said:
I sent them an e-mail regarding the matter and If they even have information about the upcoming volume wich I highly doubt.

Did you really think the first word of Volume 38 would come from... Germany?

CheAkiwara

大天使 ~ ボイド
Answer regarding Volume 38 !

Nope , was just shocked that it was even listed !

...ah well still got the world cup going for us I guess.

Update ;

I have contacted the company about Volume 38 this is what they had to say ,

"Thanks for your message , we have checked our Informations regarding your request , and Volume 38 of Berserk WILL release on the 15th of September in Germany."

Original Text in German:

"Sehr geehrter Herr CheAkiwara* ,

vielen Dank für Ihre Nachricht.

Gerne haben wir Ihr Anliegen geprüft.

Laut unseren Informationen wird der Titel am 15.09. in Deutschland erscheinen.

Wir hoffen Ihnen mit dieser Information weitergeholfen zu haben und stehen Ihnen für weitere Fragen jederzeit gern zur Verfügung.

Mit freundlichen Grüßen

Ihr thalia.de-Team
i. A. Employee*"

*Names have been changed

....Im still confused as heck. I mean we would have to get every YA 1 Chapter if this were to happen.

Deci

What's there to be confused about? Companies publish false information for all sorts of reasons, this is obviously one of those situations, the reason is irrelevant. It is not happening, there won't even be a volume 38 by then.

Kompozinaut

Sylph Sword
Unless Volume 38 is REALLY skimpy, and my math is wrong, it is impossible for the tankobon to be released. This is assuming there is an episode every two weeks from now until September, with the first two weeks of September being used to print, what? 6 episodes?

Nah, I don't buy it. Unless, of course, the German editions are going to start producing half volumes...

Walter

Administrator
Staff member
No one is seriously considering it.

I'm locking this thread. This is clearly a bogus listing, and I'm flabbergasted why this thread remains active. In case anyone needed to be reminded, one of the main principles that drives this forum is expelling misinformation.

If by some miracle this turns out to be legit, and Miura manages to publish the 7 more episodes needed to complete Volume 38 over the next 2 months, and Germany gets it on September 15, then you have carte blanche to hold that over my head until I die.

But until that time, locked.

=====================================
Unlocked topic on 7/17 so CheAkiwara can update us

CheAkiwara

大天使 ~ ボイド
Hey guys !

Major update ! They did a mistake ! Recieved another E-Mail concerning this thread ^^

Translated Version : "Dear Mr. ********* ,

We are sorry to tell you that we made a mistake regarding your request about the release of "Berserk Vol. 38" , we first told you that the article would be released on 15.09.14.
Panini Comics (It´s the German comic publisher around here) informed us that the article will be released on the 15th September 2015."

I kind of knew :/

Soo....Good news for you all ? :)

CheAkiwara

大天使 ~ ボイド
You know what would bum me out? If only 6 chapters will be released till next year , just enough to fill a volume. D:

I need my fix. :(

I'm guessing this means we get some more episodes soon or atleast the future breaks will be shorter(?). Atleast if that's the german translated version they are talking about, if it's the japanese version then Miura still got a year ahead of him and we will see more breaks. Since it will take some time for volume 38 to be translated to german and thus the japanese volume will be out (long?) before the german one.

Walter

Administrator
Staff member
jackalj said:
I'm guessing this means we get some more episodes soon or atleast the future breaks will be shorter(?).

It doesn't mean a goddamned thing. They're guessing at dates. Again. I doubt even Miura knows when Volume 38 will be out.

Ahmetal

God hand help us
Here is some more German preview for your viewing pleasure. From a fbook post
"...Thank you for your message.
We are happy to have researched for you.
The article appears in stock on 10/12/2015.
We hope to have helped with this information and provide you with further questions at any time at your disposal.
Yours sincerely
Your thalia.de team
i. A. Alisa Dametz"

Walter

Administrator
Staff member
FlashyNess said:
I have contacted the company about Volume 38 this is what they had to say ,

"Thanks for your message , we have checked our Informations regarding your request , and Volume 38 of Berserk WILL release on the 15th of September in Germany."

....Im still confused as heck. I mean we would have to get every YA 1 Chapter if this were to happen.
jackalj said:
I'm guessing this means we get some more episodes soon or atleast the future breaks will be shorter(?). Atleast if that's the german translated version they are talking about, if it's the japanese version then Miura still got a year ahead of him and we will see more breaks.
Ahmetal said:
Here is some more German preview for your viewing pleasure. From a fbook post
"...Thank you for your message.
We are happy to have researched for you.
The article appears in stock on 10/12/2015.
We hope to have helped with this information and provide you with further questions at any time at your disposal.
Yours sincerely
Your thalia.de team
i. A. Alisa Dametz"

Still waiting on my Vol 38!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom