Tetsuo Hara x Kentarou Miura

Hey Guys, i just found this.

Apparently Miura will draw the Protagonist of Tetsuo Hara's current running manga Ikusa no Ko while Tetsuo Hara will be drawing Guts. As a fan of both Mangaka i'm extremely excited to see what the outcome will be :ubik:

hara-miura.jpg

both of these are pretty nice, i wish Hara didn't didn't put the sword in that position, it takes up a lot of the illustration, wanted to see more of guts' armor in his artstyle. that nobunaga looks fantastic though, a job well done. oh and that hilt on the dragon slayer is tiny :ganishka:

Hara's Guts looks really great. I hope we get to see more Berserk art from other manga authors in the future, I love this type of stuff.

Can't wait for the full interview to be translated

Mr. Miura says “If I continue to age like this, I have a bad feeling that my pleasure could turn to pain. But I want to continue drawing until I’m 90 years old! I want to devote myself to my creations!”

At the end of the discussion, Hara-sensei had this message for Miura-sensei. “When you get past 50, your wisdom and experience goes up, so I want you to keep going at it! On the other hand, your body becomes more frail, so don’t think that you can do everything by yourself. Leave it to the guys in their twenties to power through things. Your role should be to guide them.” Miura-sensei has already been drawing Berserk for 27 years. Savouring this message from his idol, Hara-sensei, he felt renewed excitement!

I just was reading this. Miuras comment on wanting to draw till he is 90 made me smile hysterically. I never doubted him not enjoying drawing Manga, but hearing this words directly from him made me just appreciate the fact of having a Mangaka like him behind Berserk more :void:.

I guess this is just an end product of Miuras philosophy towards his Manga. Never limiting himself and always leaving room fo expansion which makes his works even more interesting and fun.

DANGERDOOOOM

Rest In Peace, Kentaro Miura. We will miss you.
When I look at Miura's drawing of Nobunaga, he almost looks like Roderick, just with crazy hair.

56Ii3jU.png

For those interested, the 2nd part of the interview between Miura & Hara has been carried in the latest issue of Young Animal.

Credits for scanning the image go to Ryu Osaka

14089268_10207236557218471_134419947121052413_n.jpg

Squiddot

The Falcon needs you. You don't need him!
DANGERDOOOOM said:
When I look at Miura's drawing of Nobunaga, he almost looks like Roderick, just with crazy hair.

Fitting enough considering Guts looks like Kenshiro cosplaying.

Walter

Administrator
Staff member
Squiddot said:
Fitting enough considering Guts looks like Kenshiro cosplaying.

:ganishka: That is verbatim what I said about it when I first saw it. Still, Hara brings an undisputed coolness to Guts.

Griffith

With the streak of a tear, Like morning dew
Those are great, I dig that Hara drew oldschool Guts in his style, while it looks like Miura was trying to somewhat recreate it himself. Very interesting.

il capitano

rough translation: "the capitano"
really liked this conversation. is someone here going to translate it, i wonder?

miura talks about doing the story for a new manga and getting someone else to draw it, which maybe is old news for everyone here but was new to me. would love to see that happen, totally stoked!

miura talks about doing the story for a new manga and getting someone else to draw it, which maybe is old news for everyone here but was new to me. would love to see that happen, totally stoked!

Miura has mentioned in the past that he wants to work on new manga in the future but him doing the story and having someone else draw it is new, i think.

is someone here going to translate it, i wonder?

as far as i know, no, no one yet. if you're thinking about translating it you should go for it, you'd be doing the community a great service!

the Zenon Comics guys did an english summary of their side of the interview but it was just a summary, the YA portion hasn't even been summarized. I've been dying to know what Miura and Hara have to say.

Walter

Administrator
Staff member
Kaladin said:
the Zenon Comics guys did an english summary of their side of the interview but it was just a summary

It's a decent summary though: http://www.manga-audition.com/zenon201610-haraxmiura/ More than we usually get for these things.

the YA portion hasn't even been summarized. I've been dying to know what Miura and Hara have to say.

I'm sure it'll happen eventually. There are many, many interviews with Miura that aren't translated yet.

Top Bottom