The Age of Darkness - Past, Present, or Future?

When is the Age of Darkness?

• Past

Votes: 1 2.5%
  • Present

Votes: 16 40.0%
  • Future

Votes: 11 27.5%
  • All of the Above

Votes: 12 30.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
I'm not sure how. The God Hand said they needed all five members together in order to kick things off.
I remember reading about a theory on a reddit thread about what happened during the fall of Gaiseric's empire with 4 or 5 angels appearing. The theory is that an Incarnation Ceremony took place there, with the 5th member of the then Godhand being incarnated like Griffith did during the Conviction Arc (This goes well with Skull Knight saying the incarnation ceremony happens every thousand years and the fall of Gaiseric's empire being a thousand years ago as well). The inconsistency of the number of angels is born from this according to the theory: the 4 angels are actually the 4 Kings of the Astral World summoned by a mage to protect the city from the outbreak of chaos caused by the Incarnation Ceremony. Then the alleged 5th Angel is the Godhand member that got incarnated. The theory goes on to speculate that maybe Gaiseric (eventually being Skull Knight) and the mage (possibly being Flora) defeats the incarnated Godhand member.

This theory makes it such that there have been another set of Godhand before and that they got completed (having 5 members), incarnated the 5th member and a man owning (or will own) the berserker armor and a mage working together to bring down the incarnated Godhand member. So I really find it interesting to ponder about the possibility brought up here that an Age of Darkness (or atleast an attempt to bring one about) may have already happened in the past and that what's happening now might be part of a cycle repeating itself.

The hole, or rather weakness, in this theory is there never was a solid implication that there was a past Godhand before the current one. The timeline we know fits really well with the theory though, especially since the entire formation of the current Godhand happened well after the fall of Gaiseric's empire (if the 'every 216 years' thing is absolute and consistent) and that Skull Knight is said to be on the opposition of the Godhand's goals for a thousand years.

I apologize if this comes off as off-topic. I could post the link to the reddit thread if anyone wants to read the theory from the original source (if that's allowed). Credits to -SSubzero- from reddit who shared this theory (he/she might even be here idk).

Walter

Administrator
Staff member
I apologize if this comes off as off-topic. I could post the link to the reddit thread if anyone wants to read the theory from the original source (if that's allowed).
No need. Those are basically bedrock Berserk theories. And because this forum is 20 years old, those ideas have been presented here over and over since the very beginning. If you did a search you would be floored by the number of times this has come up. For example, the notion of the 4-5 angels being the 4 kings originated in discussions here, around the same time they first appeared.

Despite all of that, the question was about why all five were needed, and that isn't answered by either old theory.

jackson_hurley

even the horses are cut in half!
Despite all of that, the question was about why all five were needed, and that isn't answered by either old theory.

Well a hand is always more efficient when you have all your fingers! (and the other set of God hand is on another continent, never underestimate the size of the Idea of Evil) :ganishka: :ganishka::ganishka:

Please dont ban me I'm terribly not serious with this post!

Well a hand is always more efficient when you have all your fingers! (and the other set of God hand is on another continent, never underestimate the size of the Idea of Evil)

Please dont ban me I'm terribly not serious with this post!
Not really that farfetched to think that considering Godhand literally has Hand in it and y'know how regular human hands must have 5 fingers for maximum efficiency :shrug:

No need. Those are basically bedrock Berserk theories. And because this forum is 20 years old, those ideas have been presented here over and over since the very beginning. If you did a search you would be floored by the number of times this has come up. For example, the notion of the 4-5 angels being the 4 kings originated in discussions here, around the same time they first appeared.

Welp, can't say I'm surprised about the theory (or most of it) being old news by now. Now I'm interested how the discussions of this theory went in this forum. Is there a thread in particular that discusses it in detail here?

Walter

Administrator
Staff member
Welp, can't say I'm surprised about the theory (or most of it) being old news by now. Now I'm interested how the discussions of this theory went in this forum. Is there a thread in particular that discusses it in detail here?

The last time I can remember we talked about it in detail was here.

Top Bottom