The Anime

Darkness

By the time you hear me, your already dead
Does anyone besides myself think that they could be a slight chance for a second season. It would be really cool because the manga isnt out in the US now and i was hoping second season could clear things up for me a little. ???

Walter

Administrator
Staff member
Darkness said:
i was hoping second season could clear things up for me a little. ???
So they should make a second season because you're too lazy to read the manga?

Griffith

With the streak of a tear, Like morning dew
Darkness said:
Does anyone besides myself think that they could be a slight chance for a second season.

There's a religion dedicated to the belief in coming of a second season of Berserk, but, so far no scientific proof. Have faith, my son.

-Griffith

G

Genn21

Theres been various denounced riff-raff saying theres a second season comeing for 5 years darky. Btw the manga isnt so bad just read it. If you need a considerable more amount of action... read it naked !!!!

G

Genn21

Griffith said:
There's a religion dedicated to the belief in coming of a second season of Berserk, but, so far no scientific proof. Have faith, my son.

-Griffith

Ya hagues like the high preist. Hey griff/walter. What happened to the pub o hague. Whys it changed to the pub o torn ?

puella

Berserk forever
Genn21 said:
Hey griff/walter. What happened to the pub o hague. Whys it changed to the pub o torn ?

Maybe it's because you and I have kept changing our avatar almost every week? ;D

** Now, I like your current avatar and I love Rochine-style boobs. ;)

puella said:
Maybe it's because you and I have kept changing our avatar almost every week? ;D

True enough, but look like u puella is always focusing on puck...

Btw, so r there any rumor of a second seaon Berserk anime coming out in near future (pardon for that, but i m still consider a new member :p)

kimchan

"Should I be overcome by the vapors?
Genn21 said:
Ya hagues like the high preist. Hey griff/walter. What happened to the pub o hague. Whys it changed to the pub o torn ?

High priest is a bit much, especially considering Oilivier has torn down every rumor so far. High priest of the board though? Maybe. ;)

Smith said:
Btw, so r there any rumor of a second seaon Berserk anime coming out in near future (pardon for that, but i m still consider a new member :p)

There's been rumors for years, but that's it, just rumors.

G

Genn21

Well the most recent one off a italian site gosh i wish i knew the name. I also wish i knew why the italian site knew a whole lot more about berserks seasonal releases than the whole world ?

Kimchan i see you've been avoiding your daily hellmary's to hague. This is sinfull. ;D . Not as bad as other members of the church but bad none the less. Hague will insight godhand or something and suck us all into black hell.

Azn He-Man666

Was it you who killed my companions,one after one?
THE BEAST said:
about the only hard cold facts we have is the director said he'd LIKE to do a second season
CARTOONS HAVE DIRECTORS!?... I know so little about the world.

phant112

I'm a llama!
Well the latest rumor that I have heard is that they plan to do a second season after the manga is finished being written so that they have all the source to work with...

Although to me the events of the manga after the eclipse far out weight what can be done in 1 season...

Sure season one covered volumes 1-13, but they also skipped the first 3 volumes basically, where he fights The Count etc...

but volumes 13-25 cover a hell of alot more story then the previous ones.

One thing though, the volumes 13-25 are alot more violent then what the TV series was based on, my only question would be, would they be able to bring most of the savegeness (sp) to the second season? or would the censors (if there are any in japan) "murder" it before it even starts because of the violence?

Granted there are movies like Ninja Scroll and GITS and such that show alot of nudity/violence, but with this being a TV series wouldnt it have to scale down the violence/nudity, which i think would take away from Berserk a little...

and yes cartoons do have directors... didnt think they animated themselves do you?

lye

Nihilist!
what if it wasnt made as a t.v. show? what if they make it as a ova, or whatever those things are called, then they could probly keep most of the violence wouldnt they?

There's always a chance for a second season of Berserk. The reason is that as Berserk is still popular. There's a couple reasons that shows should be considered sequels. This is how it works in Japan. One is it still popular enough to consider a second season. Berserk is still popular in Japan and now in America. Shows like Trigun and Outlaw Star weren't popular enough to consider a second season. Two are they (the company that will animate the anime) willing to put the money to make the anime. Media Blasters is willing to put up the money to co- produce the second season. So that in return Media Blasters will get the DVD rights. Something that ADV did with BubbleGum the new series. And in some ways that Cartoon Network also did with BIG O to get the rights to be televise they will help to co-produce it.
Three what time will it be shown since Berserk gets real violent later on chances are at 1:00 a.m. or if not they will put it on video ova or is it oav.And finally the director or producer I forget which said early this year that when they decide to make more of Berserk he would like that you would like it. In other words it's the matter of when not if they will make more of Berserk. You can see this in DVD volume 5 in the u.s. Since they show the Box set in the back.You can tell it was a recent interview. What I'm trying to say as long Berserk stays popular there's always a chance of a second season of Berserk. :)[/center]

Majin_Tenshi

The can opener went bye-bye...
red ram of death said:
If Miura's "secret project" is a second season, I wonder how much of the story will be included and how much would be taken out. ???
hey, baka, avatars of that size tend to be annoying, especialy when you only post one line.

I figure if there is a second season, it'd probably get to about the Hill of Swords (fight)

nir085

Horse and Armor
I think that Miura will make a second series [OVA most likely] after all of the manga is completed. But not until then. If Miura doesn't agree, the TV company will probably produce a really, reallyshitty conversion of the retribution arc. It will be as horrifically condensed as the Jinchuu Arc->Seisouhen, but like DBGT (since Akira Toriyami never had a say in that matter). Though it would be pretty fucking weird to have an entire arc with Griffith only being seen once at the end...

I think there can easily be a Season 2, even with the exclusion of so many things. Puck wasn't introduced in the first episode but why can't he be rescued by Gutts in a post eclipse episode? Skull Knight wasn't in the series, but he only had one part in the anime anyways, the part where he warns Gutts about the eclipse, and Zodd basically foreshadows the eclipse anyways. And you never see what happens to Rickert, so in Season 2, Skull Knight can be shown at the beginning saving Rickert's life. You also never see that Casca dies. Wyald isn't that important, so screw him. There are some explicit parts in the manga that weren't in the anime, but they were disgusting as hell, so no one would miss them. The Count would only make things confusing before the Golden Age Arc and he can be inserted after the Great Eclipse.

Also, sorry about reviving an old thread that is like plenty of other threads. I am new here so I wasn't able to post this stuff when the anime/manga conversion threads were new. I'm posting it now because I feel like it. So sue me.

Saekora

I'm a llama!
A game is also being made by Sammy Studios, which certainly plays in our favor since it indicates that there is broad interest in it.

KazigluBey

Misanthrōpos
I think creating a 2nd season would be a double edged sword, because characters like Puck and Skull Knight were never introduced, and you'd lose a hell of a lot of substance, like the killing of the count and Guts seeing GH again. Since the whole seeing GH was to foreshadow the relationship between Guts and Griffith, it wouldn't make much sense to put it in. I know that Anime's based on Manga's are always stripped down because of time constraints, but you'd be telling a much different story by continuing where it left off.

It would be enjoyable to see more of it animated, to see some of the more intense battles play out in front of you, but it would be dissapointing as well for those who know the whole story.

But then again it might introduce a bigger audience to the manga, so who knows.

I think the manga counterpart is much better anyway. Even the anime was done better in the manga. In my opinion at least..

Top Bottom