The Dark Knight

D

Death Can Wait

Walter said:
I really dig the official title. Just one sequel away from "Dark Knight Returns" :isidro: :carcus:
You saw Pieces of April? :ganishka:

It's still too far away to judge, but I think you guys (Death CAN'T Wait in particular) are really overestimating the possibility of Holmes even playing a major role in this movie, regardless of whoever IMDB "confirms". Bruce has never been a one woman man (or an any woman man, for that matter...). Call me out if I'm wrong on this, though.

I never said I thought she would get cast, I was just over-dramatizing my pretty lukewarm and dissapointing reception of her acting. She's just not -good-. Bale was great as Batman, and as stated, he didn't even need a love interest. Obviously, if you look at Batman (Burton) he has Vicky Vale and his excuse to Selena Kyle is "she couldn't take it" (shorthanded, basically the bat was more important than her). In forever it was Nicole Kidman and in B&R Bruce's love interest was minuet, barely even spoken of.

I didn't mind the whole aspect of him having a female childhood friend who he cared deeply for, I just thought having her play a "love" interest was too much and irrelevant.

Stream

Inousha
hmmmmm
Just to reply at GriffithNM  :guts:

Yeah,LoL, got me, in that quote of mine it seems that way:serpico:,  but I actually really enjoy the female eye candy, WHEN I see one. There are actresses of whom I think so, but Holmes is imo an average lookin' kinda-cute-girl.
PLUS - The reason why she annoys me, actually, is her oh the infamous HALF SMILE. Wherever I've seen her on-screen she had that grimace.
And she's somehow.... dull, overall.

Man... no girl in Bat-movies will ever be as dear to me as Pfeiffer's CatWoman/Selena Kyle. Now THAT was not just a rrrreeeeal eye candy, but also a hot character.....Hihihi

for all of the above:  MY IMPRESSION/OPINION ONLY!

Now, on the real topic  :beast:  :guts:

I found this:

http://mindtrick.net/pix/batman-newjoker.jpg

I wonder if that's the real thing? Seems real.

Is that really Heath Ledger???  :isidro:
Amazing make-up...
I think it even looks okay...

I so can't wait for this movie!!

p.s. it's 6:43 AM and I'm hungry. If my post is by any chance too agitated, this must be the cause. LoL

wow... not a bad joker... quite sinister... thank goodness that joel shmuck fucker never got a hold joker... he would have ended up looking like ronald covered with glo sticks

Griffith

With the streak of a tear, Like morning dew
I believe that image was floating around before the announcement, so it's not the real deal. But if you want some idea of what it might look like, behold! :carcus:

joker3low.jpg

Pound his as... err, beat him up, Dark Knight! :troll:

Walter

Administrator
Staff member
Some new info Nolan's revealed through chats with various internet goons. Sourced from Rottentomatoes.com

[quote author=rottentomatoes.com]
Horowitz: Is there anything to be inferred from the name you’ve chosen for this film, "The Dark Knight"?
Nolan: Ultimately yes. [Laughs] But I’ll leave that for people to infer.
Horowitz: This is the cryptic portion of our chat.
Nolan: Yeah. [Laughs] The title has been chosen very specifically. It’s quite important to the film.
Horowitz: I take it [the Joker] will be less Cesar Romero and Jack Nicholson than the Joker we saw portrayed in a comic like "The Killing Joke"?
Nolan: Yes. I would certainly point to "The Killing Joke" but I also would point very much to the first two appearances of the Joker in the comic. If you look at where the Joker comes from there’s a very clear direction that fits what we’re doing very well."[/quote]
I wonder how the Dark Knight angle will play out iin the movie... "Gotham Gazette: 'Batman... a killer?!'" The Killing Joke part makes me wonder about how much they'll draw from the comics.

[quote author= rottentomatoes.com]
"I think what people responded to well about "Batman Begins" is how different it was from their expectations so I think we would be foolish to not recognize that and to [try to replicate that now predictable blueprint]. I think we'll be doing something very different for the sequel. I certainly wouldn't have any interest in trying to repeat experience or the formula we've made, because particularly being the origin story, it's a very unique thing, a very singular experience. My interest would sort of be to move on from that and to do something quite different."
[/quote]
Good to know Nolan won't... use... the same formula. Did anyone actually think this would be another origin movie?

Got this from another site whose source was the Toronto Star in an interview with Heath Ledger:

"It's definitely going to stump people. I think it'll be more along the lines of how the Joker was meant to be in the comics, darker and more sinister."

Q: How about playing the Joker in The Dark Knight? I have to admit, I would never have thought of you for the role.
A: I wouldn't have thought of me, either. But it's obviously not going to be what Jack Nicholson did. It's going to be more nuanced and dark and more along the lines of a Clockwork Orange kind of feel. Which is, I think, what the comic book was after: less about his laugh and more about his eyes.

Top Bottom