The Dark Knight

Griffith

With the streak of a tear, Like morning dew
Re: Joker? *kinda spoiler img ahead*

I wouldn't challenge Aaz's Batman fanhood, he wants to see a return to the TRUE Batman, pistol and all! :guts:

Anyway, I liked Begins a lot when I first saw it, cooled on it later, but still enjoy the direction the series has gone, though I think the first Burton one is still the (albeit flawed) ultimate.

Ah yes, the 30s ULTIMATE VIGILANTE gun-packing "detective".
I liked Begins much the same (loved initial, cooled down to a "pretty good" but thats with any movie for me). I like Keaton-esque "Batman" more in terms of design to the Batman image itself, but I disliked Keaton's Wayne greatly where as the trade in of Bat/Wayne for Bale was spot on for me. But it really does ride on TDK if its a complete "reboot" of the franchise or if it goes the way of the Pirates movies.

Aazealh

Administrator
Staff member

Phoenix Wrong! said:
May I ask how? (Not a "why/what" statement, just any particular reason/s?) I mean as a movie it was ok, I don't really see any valid points as a stand-alone movie to elevate it into cinema, but as a comic book/batman film it was fantastic imo. I don't know, I've been a fan since I was a kid (not just of movies). Batman Begins gave us fans quite a bit, a lot of long halloween (my personal fave Batman book) and year one influences, combined with some pretty good casting (sans...Holmes, my one nag with the movie) and a return from Joel's "bat nipple" era and away from Keaton's "badass Batman"...I dunno, it was more than enough for me.

Well I'm glad that you take it like that, but I can't overlook the defaults of the movie. I think the fights suck, I found the atmosphere not dark/strong enough, and the actors didn't blow me away like I wish they had. To quote something Griff once said, it feels like a movie more about Bruce Wayne and not enough about Batman. It has its qualities, but it's not the ultimate Batman movie I was expecting and that some people still continue to call it. So now I'm being wary of The Dark Knight. Maybe it'll top The Killing Joke and become a reference, but I don't want to get excited before I'm sure of its quality.

Phoenix Wrong! said:
Ah yes, the 30s ULTIMATE VIGILANTE gun-packing "detective".

Goodness. :guts:

I do agree about the wayne>batman focus factor in the movie, you've got to take into account the general lack of "bruce" since Burton's piece, sure in every movie there's something about his "love life" or conflicting interests, but never about the man himself to any degree Begins displayed. The way I took it was "let bruce have his moment in Begins, after that it'll be more of a duality/emphasis on "batman" (again, why TDK is very iffy for me in terms of what it can do and what it might do)

And I agree with the fight scenes, they were very "Zoomed in/chaotic" (though some either by denial or actual account claim this is done to be more in the eyes of "real combat" and less cinematic, w/e), so hopefully this is an issue Nolan's taken into account for TDK. Just from the trailer alone, it looks a lot more organized to me in its action pieces than BB even when chaotic, but again that's just me.

Also sadly, we have to realize being what Batman has been successful since 1989(ish) was selling merchandise, which is also why I'm iffy about TDK. It's a question of how much Nolan is going to
A)go for fan support-dedicated Batman film
B)listen to WB about how many action figures he has to sell and "kid friendly" he has to keep the film.

Either way its up for grabs. I actually don't let things like hype get to me much, but I am rather excited about it, so hopefully it'll make this revamp of the franchise fresh.

berserker88

The Raging Demon

Aazealh said:
Well I'm glad that you take it like that, but I can't overlook the defaults of the movie. I think the fights suck, I found the atmosphere not dark/strong enough, and the actors didn't blow me away like I wish they had. To quote something Griff once said, it feels like a movie more about Bruce Wayne and not enough about Batman. It has its qualities, but it's not the ultimate Batman movie I was expecting and that some people still continue to call it. So now I'm being wary of The Dark Knight. Maybe it'll top The Killing Joke and become a reference, but I don't want to get excited before I'm sure of its quality.

Goodness. :guts:

Yeah but alot of year one was about Bruce Wayne and not Batman. Batman Begins was a whole film on Bruce finding the batman inside himself. Now the next 2 or 3 or how many more they make Im sure its gonna be more Batman than Bruce.

Griffith

With the streak of a tear, Like morning dew

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fCTgWqFQf0U

Yahoo is pimping it as Heath's last interview on their main page. I bet I'm not the only one who fells that skull at the end takes on an unintended morbidness, all things considered.

Walter

Administrator
Staff member

Man, that's too bad. It's a aretty shitty final interview: "Why aren't you a nerd?" "Well, because I'm a cool dude and grew up with women." *SKULLLLLLLLL*

My fiancee rented a few Ledger movies over the weekend. He made some good ... and some embarassing, but still entertaining, movies. This guy will be missed for years to come.

CnC

Ad Oculos

Death May Die said:
I hear Depp, Colin Farrel, and Jude Law are all filling in his unfinished role. Maybe rumors any how.

This isn't the case for Batman, as that's wrapped. It is the case, however, for the other movie Ledger was on (the name escapes me).

The Imaginarium of Dr. Parnassus.

Yeah, I think it's pretty much confirmed. Poor Terry Gilliam, will he ever make a movie that isn't plagued by difficulties?

CnC

Ad Oculos

The Perineum Falcon said:
Poor Terry Gilliam, will he ever make a movie that isn't plagued by difficulties?

Lol I didn't realize that was Terry Gilliam's picture. Man that guy has to have the worst luck in the business..

201949id1_a.jpg

New poster. Looks nice.

Walter

Administrator
Staff member

Well I guess the insurance claims people know where to send the bill to that building's destruction.

And yeah, this looks saucy.

Scorpio

Courtesy of Grail's doodling.

Am I the only one reminded of Tron when I see the new Batman suit?

tron.jpg

CnC

Ad Oculos

Scorpio said:
Am I the only one reminded of Tron when I see the new Batman suit?

Well now that you've drawn all over it... no I still don't see it. :troll:

Anyways, still can't wait.

Scorpio

Courtesy of Grail's doodling.

CnC said:
Well now that you've drawn all over it... no I still don't see it. :troll:

Just wait until he jumps on his lightbike... er, batpod!

Walter

Administrator
Staff member
Re: The Dark Knight (07/18/08)

Changing the name of this thread because it's just ridiculous to keep it as "Re: Joker? *kinda spoiler img ahead*"

Top Bottom