The end of the fucking world, according to History as I knew it.

The Perineum Falcon said:
Quoted for it's shock value. When were you ever in Columbus? WHO are YOU?

I was there for about six months from 2006-2007. Well, technically it was just 2007 since I moved into my apartment on New Years Day. I know six months isn’t that long, but I held out for as long as I could. And I love the Alice in Wonderland reference. Props on that. :)

And I'm curious to hear what this "bad experience" was. Columbus ain't great, nothing to write home about, sure, but I don't think it's as terrible as you think it is. I should know, I live here.

Hey, I have no doubt that you don’t think it’s as terrible as I think it is, my friend. But my disliking it doesn’t make it any worse for you, and your liking it doesn’t make it any better for me. Such is the way of subjectivity, I suppose. Please understand that just because I might not like the city, or area, that I’m in any way trying to insult you or Columbus. I apologize if you’ve been insulted by what I’ve said. I honestly don’t mean to insult anyone.

If you really wish to hear my wonderful story (it’s actually pretty boring), I’ll have to pm it to you just for the sake of not turning this into an “all about me” thread. :) To set the mood, when I met locals while I was visiting the town before actually moving, and they found out I was moving there, they all asked,” Why the hell would you want to move here?” That’s always a sign of how great an area is, lol. Also, the very first morning I woke up in my new apartment, the car parked next to mine in the parking lot was broken into. On my last day there, I woke up in the morning expecting to drive back home to Dallas, but someone had broken into my car and stolen thousands of dollars worth of my stuff. I just think it’s funny that someone broke into a car on my first day there, and someone broke into my car on my last day there. It kind of tied up my time there in a neat little package. :ganishka:

Aazealh said:
Well I have a vacant shed in my yard... :troll:

Hey, as long as there isn't anyone there to tell me how horrible a person Thomas Jefferson is through the use of our great national treasure country music, I'll take it! :troll:

No, not offended by any means. Just shocking really, someone else has heard of Columbus. On this board.

I guess I was rather excitable the other day when I responded. :ganishka:

Vampire_Hunter_Bob

Cats are great
The Perineum Falcon said:
No, not offended by any means. Just shocking really, someone else has heard of Columbus. On this board.

I guess I was rather excitable the other day when I responded. :ganishka:

Piff, I've been to Columbus. Not for very long, but been there. :judo:

Top Bottom