The Horror Movie Thread

Recently I watched Skinamarink. It's like the craziest parts of Eraserhead with little to no narrative
. I enjoyed it but it's not for everyone.
Crazy story - I was about to go see it on the big screen and couldn't about an hour before the film cos something happened, but I did watch it at home that weekend and it's effective in short bursts. The way my friends described their experience, it feels like a theater movie + you need the right kinda audience as well so they don't ruin the vibe. You're absolutely right that it's not for everyone, and can be a polarizing.

I saw a movie called All My Friends Hate Me the other day and really enjoyed it! It sort of falls into a Psychological, Black Humour sort of genre but there are definitely horror-y/chilling stuff going on. It was a horror show for me! The basic premise is that some old friends are having a reunion after many years. The main character Pete has been out of the loop with his friend group for a long time, but is happy to catch up and pick things up where they left off. From the get go things seem off and Pete can't shake the feeling that everyone is fucking with him and secretly putting him down and making fun of him....but are they? There are some hints at a past event Pete is either forgetting or unaware of and a mysterious new member of the group who may have sinister intentions towards him.

This movie might have hit me extra hard, as I am pretty much in Pete's exact position in life right now. We're the same age, and I'm about to return home from working overseas for many years, hoping to reconnect with my friends and family. Regardless of that, the film does an amazing job threading the needle of what is actually being said and happening and how the main character is perceiving things. It'll keep you guessing to the very end and I don't think you'll be disappointed!

Top Bottom