The Moonlight Boy

Aazealh

Administrator
Staff member
Borgoff said:
Well, it wouldn't be impossible for him to improvise it into a script he's already written. In fact, that type of thing looks like something he came up with as an afterthought. I'm sure he has most of, if not the whole story already mapped out. I don't think it's impossible to assume he could've looked back on previous volumes if he didn't think to do it from the beginning. This isn't a big deal though.

I agree with all of this, but that doesn't change what I said, on the contrary. If he added it as an afterthought or while planning the finer details of the plot (which is likely, as this is what his breaks are used for), it makes it unlikely that he created that panel of Guts fleeing on horse with Casca 4 years before with the one from volume 28 in mind. It would have to be the other way around for this reasoning to work. It's not a big deal like you said, but I still don't believe it's the case.

Borgoff said:
If we're going to fly off the handle thinking Griffith is like the holy trinity/werewolf I don't think it's too far fetched to say those panels look very much alike and are obviously in place to serve some purpose.

Well, I think it's far-fetched actually, even in regard to the "Griffith changes into the Moonlight Child at full moons" theory. But it's good that you posted it anyway, every speculation is welcome even if it turns out to be unlikely. About the panels looking alike though, there's a major difference: the scene you posted shows Guts and Casca going away, after the reader was shown large shots of their escape. They just become less visible as they disappear behind the horizon. The one with Zodd on the beach is quite different in this respect.

Iscariot said:
I was going to continue on about the moon's reflection, but Griffith cut that short.

Well, he just replied to your post. It's not like you were still writing it when he posted, so that means you had already said what you wanted to.

Iscariot said:
Believe it or not, I'm usually a pretty logical person. I see your point, strong significance isn't worth corrupting, even with fun. Just hope this doesn't mean I have to abandon my attempts at being jocular...

You can post humorous stuff and all, it's cool. But there should be a clear distinction between jokes and elaborate, educated speculation, as well as between facts and wild, baseless speculation.

Anyway guys, I'd like really to hear more serious thoughts about the Child/Griffith relationship instead of these mini-arguments.

Iscariot

The snack that smiles back!
Aazealh said:
Anyway guys, I'd like really to hear more serious thoughts about the Child/Griffith relationship instead of these mini-arguments.

If your theory proves true, I'd think Griffith and the child to be interdependent. Also, I think Griffith, while Femto, affected the fetus in another way, similar to Caska's... mind state. Perhaps, like Caska, if the child ever meets King Hanafubuku, he would be allowed a little dialogue. More than what we've heard from him on the astral plane, atleast. Just a thought.

Aazealh

Administrator
Staff member
Iscariot said:
I think Griffith, while Femto, affected the fetus in another way, similar to Casca's... mind state. Perhaps, like Casca, if the child ever meets King Hanafubuku, he would be allowed a little dialogue. More than what we've heard from him on the astral plane, atleast.

Well, the Demon Child wasn't mentally impaired (in contrast with his physical condition), and the Moonlight Child doesn't seem to be either. I think he'll get more dialogue in the future regardless of meeting the Hanafubuku Ô.

Iscariot

The snack that smiles back!
At first I thought he was just shy, but then he climbed on Guts' shoulders. He never answered to Isidro, but maybe he just didn't pay him any mind. Yet he did speak to Guts in the astral/mental plane... So you're right, he can't be called "mentally impaired". How then would you define the moonlight child's... strangeness? To me, he moved and acted similarly to Casca. Then again, Casca just acts childlike... Going with your new theory, do you believe Griffith was spiritually and mentally confining (or simply muting) the child until Guts was berserk and the child strongly pushed to calm him/protect his mother?

Aazealh

Administrator
Staff member
Iscariot said:
How then would you define the moonlight child's... strangeness?

Well, I think "strange" is a good definition.

Iscariot said:
do you believe Griffith was spiritually and mentally confining (or simply muting) the child until Guts was berserk and the child strongly pushed to calm him/protect his mother?

Hmm no, I don't think so. No matter who was in control at that time, I believe he was consciously restraining his powers as to not awake suspicion (same thing about remaining silent). When he saw that things were going bad he had no choice but to reveal himself and act to prevent the disaster, disappearing right after that to avoid dealing with Guts' questions. Further proof that this was a careful and thought-out action can be seen in the way he dealt with Guts. He was gentle, talked to him calmly, and touched him lightly like one would approach a frightened animal. He cared about him as much as he did about the others, it wasn't an impulsive or panicked move.

His original intention when he came to the beach was probably just to spend a night with mommy and daddy (assuming that Guts & Casca are in fact his parents), disappearing in the middle of the night while everybody would have been asleep. They would have thought he was just a strange kid from a nearby village that had gone wandering at night, but things went astray and we know the result.

So.. If Aaz's theory is correct.. We should see Griffith protecting Guts (sort of) in the next episode.. I mean.. Guts is his daddy :serpico:
Like i've said in the Thread of Episode 275 :void:

Walter

Administrator
Staff member
fuxberg said:
So.. If Aaz's theory is correct.. We should see Griffith protecting Guts (sort of) in the next episode.. I mean.. Guts is his daddy :serpico:
Like i've said in the Thread of Episode 275 :void:
Not necessarily. You're assuming they're the same personality. But given their obvious differences in feelings (or at least attitude) towards Guts and Casca, they're likely split-personalities inhabiting the same flesh.

Thinking about Griffith's apparent MPD, it kinda resembles an ego struggle within him. Meaning that the child is trying to take over gradually. At first we just see its emotions manifest themselves and Griffith performing an involuntary action (saving Casca), but now it is managed to get full control, literally taking over Griffith's body. IMHO the development so far would indicate that the child is getting stronger, but as far as the outcome of this struggle is concerned its to early to speculate.
It also casts a different light on Zodd and the whole USO thing. He obviously is aware of Griffit's "condition" which makes me wander which of the two is he actually folowing.

Walter said:
Not necessarily. You're assuming they're the same personality. But given their obvious differences in feelings (or at least attitude) towards Guts and Casca, they're likely split-personalities inhabiting the same flesh.

Yes i realize that, but since the battle takes place "near" the sea and at night (is it full moon?) that might make Griffith protect at least Casca.. Or Guts..
Bah.. I'll just sit and wait for the next episode.
But it's a darn good theory you got there :badbone:

Walter

Administrator
Staff member
fuxberg said:
Yes i realize that, but since the battle takes place "near" the sea and at night (is it full moon?) that might make Griffith protect at least Casca.. Or Guts..
Bah.. I'll just sit and wait for the next episode.
But it's a darn good theory you got there :badbone:
It's already been mentioned earlier that it's been ~3 days since the full moon.

Aazealh said:
it makes it unlikely that he created that panel of Guts fleeing on horse with Casca 4 years before with the one from volume 28 in mind. It would have to be the other way around for this reasoning to work.

You misunderstood...maybe I used the word afterthought in the wrong context, possibly. I think that Miura wanted to leave a clue...(the one you found.) and thought, "how can I do this?"...I believe he may have possibly decided to use a similar technique used in the panel I found to illustrate the clue. That's all. The fact that it's Guts or even if it was Bazuzo on the horse it doesn't matter. The panels are very similar, and it's the visual aspect Miura is trying to tune into.

Aazealh said:
About the panels looking alike though, there's a major difference: the scene you posted shows Guts and Casca going away, after the reader was shown large shots of their escape. They just become less visible as they disappear behind the horizon. The one with Zodd on the beach is quite different in this respect.

The panels do look alike. Anyone can look at them and see that. Obvisously what's actually going on in the story is going to be different if they are in separate volumes.
I don't see where there could be any discrepency because you can physically look right at it and see that all that panel does is re-enforce your theory that Zodd is behind the hill in vol. 28, which I agree with.

Anyhoo....back to the Moonchild... We can safely assume he is the offspring of Guts/Casca due to his appearance and Casca's reaction to him especially. His powers, to whatever extent they may be would be due to being the seed of a Godhand. The deformed one chose an evil form, perhaps this one chose a different form and wasn't tainted with evil. He's obviously come from a higher plane due to his entrance into the plot. Why does Zodd care to be there? Zodd cares alot about Griff these days, if the Moonchild really is their offspring Griffith probably wants something to do with him. I'll stop this here because I'm sure it'll get shot down pretty quick, but hopefully it'll add something worth discussing.

Rhombaad

Video Game Time Traveler
Borgoff said:
Anyhoo....back to the Moonchild... We can safely assume he is the offspring of Guts/Casca due to his appearance and Casca's reaction to him especially. His powers, to whatever extent they may be would be due to being the seed of a Godhand. The deformed one chose an evil form, perhaps this one chose a different form and wasn't tainted with evil. He's obviously come from a higher plane due to his entrance into the plot. Why does Zodd care to be there? Zodd cares alot about Griff these days, if the Moonchild really is their offspring Griffith probably wants something to do with him. I'll stop this here because I'm sure it'll get shot down pretty quick, but hopefully it'll add something worth discussing.

Seeing how Griffith was reincarnated using the child of Guts and Casca, I can't imagine the child walking around as a separate entity from Griffith. I think that if it is their child, Griffith has to be physically connected to it. Least that's the way I see it.

Walter

Administrator
Staff member
Borgoff said:
Why does Zodd care to be there? Zodd cares alot about Griff these days, if the Moonchild really is their offspring Griffith probably wants something to do with him.
Yeah, Aaz mentioned before the possibility that Zodd is merely spying on them, ala the Doldrey battle. However, the Child's exit in ep 243, virtually on the same hill Zodd appeared on earlier... is certainly suspicious.

I'll stop this here because I'm sure it'll get shot down pretty quick, but hopefully it'll add something worth discussing.
Don't be so pessimistic, it's as feasible as any other idea at this point.

Aazealh

Administrator
Staff member
fuxberg said:
We should see Griffith protecting Guts (sort of) in the next episode.. I mean.. Guts is his daddy. Like i've said in the Thread of Episode 275

You mean like you've said after you saw my fake preview? :badbone:

vlad said:
Thinking about Griffith's apparent MPD, it kinda resembles an ego struggle within him. Meaning that the child is trying to take over gradually. At first we just see its emotions manifest themselves and Griffith performing an involuntary action (saving Casca), but now it is managed to get full control, literally taking over Griffith's body.

I think it's hard to say whether that's the Child "taking over" or just Griffith being a "new" himself and now having the child's feelings as well as a part of his personality inside of him. Could go either way to me for now. But yeah, it's easy to imagine a struggle, especially considering Griffith's goal and his status (as opposed to the child's simple aspirations).

vlad said:
It also casts a different light on Zodd and the whole USO thing. He obviously is aware of Griffit's "condition" which makes me wander which of the two is he actually folowing.

Hmm well, by following I take it you mean serving? Because if so, Zodd was beat by Griffith (as the Falcon of Light) before he child came into play, so I'd say Zodd is loyal to Griffith. But that might always change in the future anyway.

Borgoff said:
You misunderstood...maybe I used the word afterthought in the wrong context, possibly. I think that Miura wanted to leave a clue...(the one you found.) and thought, "how can I do this?"...I believe he may have possibly decided to use a similar technique used in the panel I found to illustrate the clue.

It's not that I misunderstood, you just expressed yourself incorrectly. Anyway, that's very unlikely as I said, and probably not related at all. I don't know what you're trying to prove here or why you're insisting so much but these panels don't have much in common, especially compared to other "similar" panels in the story. Do I need to post pictures or something? The context in which these are used is totally different, and they're not even that close to each other... One is in three parts and shows a clear far away figure disappearing in the distance, contrasting with the horizon behind which it does, and the other just partly shows a silhouette that's hard to discern. Your premise that Miura wanted to train the reader's eye with one so he'd be able to spot the other simply seems preposterous to me, as I've said, and my previous post has points that you have yet to address.

Borgoff said:
I don't see where there could be any discrepency because you can physically look right at it and see that all that panel does is re-enforce your theory that Zodd is behind the hill in vol. 28, which I agree with.

It's not a problem with the theory or what that image implies. It's just that it's most probably not related. I know it's hard to speculate without seeing too far into things, but I honestly don't think you've got something here man. So since you've already profusely explained your point, I'd like you to stop talking about it now so that people can concentrate on the thread's topic: the Moonlight Child. Panel structure discussions aren't at their place here, so if you really want to go on about it I'd prefer if you made a separate thread. Thanks in advance.

Borgoff said:
back to the Moonchild... We can safely assume he is the offspring of Guts/Casca due to his appearance and Casca's reaction to him especially.

These are strong hints yeah. That stays an assumption though. His appearance is also reminiscent of Griffith, what with the hair in the wind, the eerie eyes and the overall strange aura.

Borgoff said:
His powers, to whatever extent they may be would be due to being the seed of a Godhand. The deformed one chose an evil form, perhaps this one chose a different form and wasn't tainted with evil.

You're confused here I think. The Demon Child wasn't the "seed" of Femto. He was tainted by him and became evil. His powers were that of a "super spectre" sort of. The Moonlight Child on the other hand is a superior being. He's incredibly powerful from what we've seen, it can't even compare. As for choosing another form, how is this supposed to work? The Demon Child became Griffith's body. They're supposedly one and the same (based on what we see during the Incarnation and in volume 22) and we have no reason not to believe it. We really have yet to find a definite explanation for the whole phenomenon. However, I like to assume (like many others I guess) that in terms of appearance the Moonlight Child is basically the Demon Child washed of Femto's taint. What he would have been without it in the first place.

Borgoff said:
He's obviously come from a higher plane due to his entrance into the plot. Why does Zodd care to be there? Zodd cares alot about Griff these days, if the Moonchild really is their offspring Griffith probably wants something to do with him.

Obviously came from a higher plane? What? Due to his entrance into the plot and the fact Zodd was watching in his apostle form when Casca found him, I'd say his entrance can easily imply that he came over riding him. Otherwise, if we assume he came alone, Zodd could have been curious and wanted to see what was up with him (still assuming he's Griffith). If he's a different entity altogether, which is hard to assume for now, Zodd could have been sent there by Griffith to spy on him, or he could have seen the group by accident while scouting on his own (I elaborated about this earlier like Walter said). Given the way it's all put together though, I favor the "Zodd brought him there" hypothesis over the rest.

On a side note, I'm glad the "Hawk of Darkness" nonsense is gone, as it would have pained me to have to explain it in this thread.

Rhombaad said:
Seeing how Griffith was reincarnated using the child of Guts and Casca, I can't imagine the child walking around as a separate entity from Griffith. I think that if it is their child, Griffith has to be physically connected to it.

Yes, this is a fatal flaw to the hypothesis that the Moonlight Child is the Demon Child but that Griffith and him are not one and the same. There's always the possibility that he's not related to the Demon Child of course, but that's hard to believe (espescially since the child's age seems to fit).

I think it's hard to say whether that's the Child "taking over" or just Griffith being a "new" himself and now having the child's feelings as well as a part of his personality inside of him. Could go either way to me for now. But yeah, it's easy to imagine a struggle, especially considering Griffith's goal and his status (as opposed to the child's simple aspirations).
Well, taking into account that it is hard to imagine Griffith and the child being physically separate, the nature of the encounter on the beach would IMHO indicate that Griffith's ego was suppressed (no brand reactions, no strange od readings etc.). This assumption gives way to thinking that it was not his choice to be there but that the child's desire for its parents took over guiding it to that place. Another issue to be raised here is how did they (Zodd and Griffith/Child) find the group eg. the "homing" properties of the brand, the child's instinct, or possibly something else.
Hmm well, by following I take it you mean serving? Because if so, Zodd was beat by Griffith (as the Falcon of Light) before he child came into play, so I'd say Zodd is loyal to Griffith. But that might always change in the future anyway.
Yes, I did mean serve, and that defeat does cast a shadow on my view. It was perhaps a bit far fetched of me to think that Zodd could have foreseen this development that early on ( the fact that I like that character a lot probably tainted my view). Nevertheless, his future reaction will be the one to look forward to IMHO, plenty will hang on how he chooses to interpret what goes on and even where he places his allegiance (or services).
All this maybe a bit too speculative and rambling... be gentle :serpico:

Aazealh

Administrator
Staff member
vlad said:
Well, taking into account that it is hard to imagine Griffith and the child being physically separate, the nature of the encounter on the beach would IMHO indicate that Griffith's ego was suppressed (no brand reactions, no strange od readings etc.).

Depends, it might also be that Griffith wanted to do it himself, following the desire of the "child" part of his new personality. You see what I mean? And the fact the strange Od coming from him (because Schierke did feel that his Od was unusual) didn't indicate anything precise or that the Brand didn't bleed isn't necessarily related to Griffith's ego, since even if it had been suppressed as long as the Child had his "powers" it should have produced a reaction. It just implies that he hid his power until he had no other choice but to use them. Suppressing Griffith's ego is a different thing altogether IMHO and I don't think it'd automatically produce this result.

Don't be mistaken, I'm not opposed to the idea you're presenting (quite the contrary), but I don't think it can be "proved" at all for now.

vlad said:
Another issue to be raised here is how did they (Zodd and Griffith/Child) find the group eg. the "homing" properties of the brand, the child's instinct, or possibly something else.

That's a good question, and I like your suggestions. The Child's instinct coupled with his ability to locate the Brand(s) should have made it relatively easy for him to find them, not to forget the aerial view from Zodd's back and his knowledge of where they were a month before (Flora's mansion) and the direction they took when they escaped.

vlad said:
Nevertheless, his future reaction will be the one to look forward to IMHO

Yeah, it will be interesting to see what he ultimately does with all of what he knows and whether he has deeper motives than just serving the USO or not.

Don't be mistaken, I'm not opposed to the idea you're presenting (quite the contrary), but I don't think it can be "proved" at all for now.
Well I did assume you took a stance in order to further this debate, which I do appreciate. Of course none of this can be taken as fact, but it does make for a furtile soil for speculation.
Yeah, it will be interesting to see what he ultimately does with all of what he knows and whether he has deeper motives than just serving the USO or not.
I do believe that there is more to Zodd than just a brutal fighting machine and that, in a way, he does have a higher purpose than that of a bodyguard. Also (and this is borderline fanboy-ism) I don't think him to be all evil, as in - he does a lot of killing, but it does not seem motivated by hate, sadism or such ,well, evil factors. It does sound conflicting, believe me I know, perhaps I'm unable to put into words exactly what I mean, but hopefully the point does get across.

Aazealh

Administrator
Staff member
vlad said:
I do believe that there is more to Zodd than just a brutal fighting machine and that, in a way, he does have a higher purpose than that of a bodyguard.

Yeah, he's a deeper character than the other main members of the Neo Hawks (at least for now) in spite of his current role (and the lack of depth that accompanies it). As for a higher purpose though, we have yet to see it.

vlad said:
I don't think him to be all evil, as in - he does a lot of killing, but it does not seem motivated by hate, sadism or such ,well, evil factors.

That's a delicate matter. He's not mindlessly cruel, yet he's on the bad guys' side and there is little to no doubt in the story about where he stands. It really depends on what you call "all evil" basically. Anyway it has been discussed to death in other threads in the past, so if you like the topic don't hesitate to search for old posts on the matter.

PS: And just for kicks, the revival of an old debate: we've never seen the Brand bleed in reaction to Zodd's presence... Could it have a hidden significance?! :zodd:

PS: And just for kicks, the revival of an old debate: we've never seen the Brand bleed in reaction to Zodd's presence... Could it have a hidden significance?!
He is definitely different than any other apostle we have seen to date, this perhaps provokes some other sort of reaction from the brand, something akin to the reaction towards SK (though I don't remember Guts ever commenting to this). There is the possibility of Bloodline, but I really don't want to go there. :carcus:

Maybe the Brand doesn't react to Zodd himself due to the fact that Zodd wasn't present during the actual Eclipse, but was outside battling Skully. Maybe...

Aazealh

Administrator
Staff member
vlad said:
He is definitely different than any other apostle we have seen to date, this perhaps provokes some other sort of reaction from the brand

Hahah that's going a bit far, until now we just haven't seen it bleed in direct reaction to his presence, that doesn't necessarily mean anything. Maybe it'll bleed next time and that will be it, I was really just joking about that. If anything, the fact Guts detected Zodd's presence through the Brand on the beach means it reacts to him in a way or another at least.

vlad said:
something akin to the reaction towards SK

Nah, SK's different. Probably more like Flora. Zodd's still an apostle, no matter what.

Proj2501 said:
Maybe the Brand doesn't react to Zodd himself due to the fact that Zodd wasn't present during the actual Eclipse, but was outside battling Skully.

That's not how it works. Besides Ganishka wasn't present at the Eclipse at all but the Brand still reacted to him so that Guts could easily identify him as an apostle.

Black Hoped Wings

I'm a llama!
I think there are some pretty obvious avenues here.

One, this kid is a sinister, and is motivated by evil(i'm just going to make this a Griffith=Child, because I think Griffith is evil and will not be redeemed in the story. Or at least, he's evil right now) The first time Guts is chilling with the kiddyboo the little guy jumps all over him, and while this may just be affection, my first thought was "Watch out for your brand!!!" I thought he was trying to take the magic stamp off it, or touch it like Slan did, even if it didn't bleed(which is already speculated that it does not always need to). If this was correct, the kid is always by Casca's boob stamp of the darkside(her chest). That or he was wanting to get Guts out of the armor or touch it, infect it, take interest in how it works whatev. The only reason why I don't really go for this is that he saves everyone in the party from Guts(or at least I'm assuming that piece of light that disables the BEAST!! is the kid) when he really didn't need to. Unless, of course, they figure into future use.

Second avenue. Kid is good: That'd made a lot of sense, saves people, likes Guts(dad!) and pretty much all the stuff that lot of other people have already said here. And Zodd is probably there because he's watching over him. He knows, I think, but he can't really stop a being more powerful than him, but would probably be needed to tell Griffith what happened, or at least watch over him.

Another theory: Someone already said "maybe Zodd is serving the child now" Maybe he is? Maybe the kid will Kill Griffith's personality, and become the real "Superior One" or whatever it is. Never know. He doesn't take on a hawk guise when in the mental/spiritual realm of Guts brain, and that's what makes me think Griffith isn't doing it. Yeah, he could be manipulating his shape, but I'm hoping it's more like they share a similiar power source. Could it be that this is the person who the chose of fate to kill griffith's personality, or separate, and Zodd's like "oh shit" or maybe "oh yes?" YOU DECIDE!!!

Aazealh

Administrator
Staff member
Hi Black Hoped Wings, it's been a while since your last post.

Black Hoped Wings said:
I think there are some pretty obvious avenues here.

Well, I have a feeling these obvious avenues are a bit too obvious and that it's more subtle than that. Here are a few remarks on what you said.

Black Hoped Wings said:
One, this kid is a sinister, and is motivated by evil(i'm just going to make this a Griffith=Child, because I think Griffith is evil and will not be redeemed in the story. Or at least, he's evil right now)

Even if we go by Child = Griffith, that doesn't mean he has bad intentions. He saved everybody on the beach when he didn't need to. Even in episode 240, a Pishacha could have easily killed Farnese and Casca in the cabin but the boy prevented it. Also, he stood in the middle of Schierke's spell that banishes evil. How could he be evil then? That's quite unlikely to me, not to mention how he had opportunities to do anything he wanted but just sought the affection of Casca and Guts.

Black Hoped Wings said:
The first time Guts is chilling with the kiddyboo the little guy jumps all over him, and while this may just be affection, my first thought was "Watch out for your brand!!!" I thought he was trying to take the magic stamp off it, or touch it like Slan did, even if it didn't bleed(which is already speculated that it does not always need to).

Well, he didn't do that. Also, what would have been the point? The talisman on the Brand lessens its effects, mainly preventing it from attracting spectres and the like. Slan erased it so Guts would feel more pain, but he was in pain and the Brand bled profusely before she even appeared anyway. Plus the beherit was agitated. What would erasing the talisman on the Brand achieve? Schierke could make another one, and it's just a weak protection that means nothing to a member of the God Hand or even an apostle. As for the Brand not "needing" to bleed, that's just speculation for now and we have no idea how this could be possible, so that's not something to base yourself on to elaborate a theory.

Black Hoped Wings said:
If this was correct, the kid is always by Casca's boob stamp of the darkside(her chest). That or he was wanting to get Guts out of the armor or touch it, infect it, take interest in how it works whatev.

Well, he's a kid and Casca held him to her chest like a mother would, nothing unusual here. He didn't do anything to her Brand. I don't think this is really relevant anyway as if Griffith wanted to do something he could just appear and both Guts and Casca would clutch their Brands while rolling on the floor. No need to infiltrate the group stealthily. As for the armor, I also don't see why Griffith would care. It's a magical armor, alright. He's a superior being (the boy) and he had no trouble taking care of it. When he got on Guts' back he didn't do anything suspicious to the armor (Infect it? How so?), and I don't think he could have learned how it works by climbing on him, nor that he needed to IMO. Finally, about getting Guts out of it... Not only could this stem from a good intention, but nothing allows us to speculate it was the case.

Black Hoped Wings said:
Second avenue. Kid is good [...] And Zodd is probably there because he's watching over him.

Or Zodd could have brought him there himself, like he does when transporting Griffith.

Black Hoped Wings said:
Another theory: Someone already said "maybe Zodd is serving the child now" Maybe he is? Maybe the kid will Kill Griffith's personality, and become the real "Superior One" or whatever it is. Never know.

Or maybe Zodd serves the USO whether he's Griffith or the boy, indistinctly. "Killing" Griffith's ego seems pretty unlikely to me right now, and I doubt Zodd could know it in advance.

Black Hoped Wings said:
He doesn't take on a hawk guise when in the mental/spiritual realm of Guts brain, and that's what makes me think Griffith isn't doing it.

That's not inside Guts' brain, it's just what he sees through the armor. Quite different.

Pesmerga

This is going to be one hell of a party
Hey i continue my tour in the forum in order to do not post something already say and i find this interesting topic, good job Aaz for seeing this, hope many others things will be find.

But if in the future all of this being true we can thanks you for the exclusivity of the info probably a few months or even years in advance :guts:

Dunno if it has been thought of already or if it is even possible in the Berserk universe...

One theory I considered was that maybe the Moonlight Child was some kind of astral projection of Guts and Casca's son. Since Griffith is using the son's embryo as a vessel he could have re-absorbed all of the "evil" tendencies that tainted it, allowing the "pure" part of the child to remain separate, although still a part of Griffith. This could lead to an eventual conflict later on if Casca did regain her heart/sanity because even if she could accept Guts killing Griffith, she may not be able to accept him killing their own son knowing that he is a separate living entity that is good. Which is kind of what Skull Knight warned Guts about on the beach... "What you want may not be what she wants."

EDIT: N/M... seems this was already posted back around page 2. XD

Top Bottom