The New Picture Thread

LOL

Man you must rock at your friends parties! Seriously, i've got a friend who goes for the same look too, and the crazy Romanian beggars that hang around my university keep asking him to perform miracles and keep calling him "Cristos". Once one of those guys asked him to play a violin, to which my friend replied: "I may walk over water, but i sure can't play the violin". :troll:
 

Th3Branded0ne

I'll be back.
So this is what some or most Mexicans do for Epiphany. We buy this big doughnut, or pastry..whatever. Then inside before it is baked two baby Jesus plastic figurines are inserted. You invite neighbors and give them a slice. Whoever gets the figurines in their slice, will host a party for the remainder of the people who participated on the event. The party is scheduled on Feb. 2nd(some catholic event)(Groundhog day here n the U.S.) I just think it's some cheap way to make other people make people have a party. I don't really celebrate it, but the baked goods sure are delicious, so we just went to a bakery and got it.

 

Griffith

My posts are better.
Yeah, in that first picture of him the resemblance is striking, right down to our cheek lines and even the expression. Another case of it resembling me more than even the pictures I posted show.
 

Aazealh

そうはいかぬ
Staff member
Th3Branded0ne said:
So this is what some or most Mexicans do for Epiphany. We buy this big doughnut, or pastry..whatever. Then inside before it is baked two baby Jesus plastic figurines are inserted. You invite neighbors and give them a slice. Whoever gets the figurines in their slice, will host a party for the remainder of the people who participated on the event. The party is scheduled on Feb. 2nd(some catholic event)(Groundhog day here n the U.S.) I just think it's some cheap way to make other people make people have a party. I don't really celebrate it, but the baked goods sure are delicious, so we just went to a bakery and got it.
That's interesting. Here we traditionally eat this:


It's got a figurine in it and whoever gets it is crowned "king" for the rest of the party, and he has to buy the cake next year. It's a very old tradition that dates as far back as the Roman empire if I'm not mistaken. What strikes me is that the variation served in the south of France is not unlike yours at all:


I guess it's not too surprising since it's close to Spain; that's where you guys must have picked it up.
 
Th3Branded0ne said:
The party is scheduled on Feb. 2nd(some catholic event)
El día de la Candelaria, or Candlemas in English, more info on the celebration here http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Candlemas

The host of the party traditionally serves (or is supposed to serve) tamales and atole.

Aazealh said:
I guess it's not too surprising since it's close to Spain; that's where you guys must have picked it up.
I almost certain you're right. Those damned Spaniards.
 
Aazealh said:
That's interesting. Here we traditionally eat this:


It's got a figurine in it and whoever gets it is crowned "king" for the rest of the party, and he has to buy the cake next year. It's a very old tradition that dates as far back as the Roman empire if I'm not mistaken. What strikes me is that the variation served in the south of France is not unlike yours at all:


I guess it's not too surprising since it's close to Spain; that's where you guys must have picked it up.
Here at Portugal we have this:


It's called "Bolo Rei" (King Cake, lol literally). And we used to have a metal figurine in it (until some law forbade it), but they pretty much look the same (crystallized fruits, powdered sugar and cake).
 

Th3Branded0ne

I'll be back.
This fire just had to happened when kickoff started for the Eagles Vs Giants game. A wire snapped, cutting the power off. Now all I have left is the nfl.com site to check on the game. :mozgus:






 

White_Hawk

The Only True Free Spirit / Dark Horse Rider
Perhaps this warms up a bit somebody's cold winter day


Small isle in front of Korkyra


My street in Korčula (Korkyra)


Ain't she a beauty?

and salutations from me

you crack jokes and I 'll pixelize you too! :badbone:
(the nick on the uniform is intentional)
 

Aazealh

そうはいかぬ
Staff member
White Hawk said:
My street in Korčula (Korkyra)
Awesome place to live man.

White Hawk said:
and salutations from me

you crack jokes and I 'll pixelize you too! :badbone:
(the nick on the uniform is intentional)
Hmm, I have to point out that it is misspelled though. GRIFFITH. :griff:
 

White_Hawk

The Only True Free Spirit / Dark Horse Rider
Yes, I am aware of that. I didn't want to use the original name Griffith, but in my country's cyberspace I was using the above nickname which is an improved version of the italian translation of (they translated it Grifis), and that was ages ago when I used to love Berserk. Later it was too late to change it so it kinda got stuck.
 

Th3Branded0ne

I'll be back.
I went for a makeover today as well. Not only losing weigth as a makeover, but also to my look. I shaved and cut my hair. I put them in chronological order, from shaving to when I ended up with a trim. :guts:




 

Th3Branded0ne

I'll be back.
Thanks. I do like it better. I was just going for a change and for help during my winter running in the morning. But it's warm here and so that hair had to go.
At one point 2 years ago during the summer I went for a buzz cut. I doubt I do that again soon.

 

Vampire_Hunter_Bob

Meh at large.
FujiSan said:
This Is me working on some projects, I am getting myself one big desk (I am working on that now) and gonna get rid of the small desk and table.
Since you're getting rid of so many things, maybe you won't mind me taking that outdated HD TV and woofer off your hands.
 
Top Bottom