The New Picture Thread

Th3Branded0ne

I'll be back.
I went to anime expo this weekend, had fun at some panels and found this booth with anime cels and pencil sketches. I bought these from slam dunk anime and did karaoke

url]
https://ibb.co/JKMchDk
https://ibb.co/5614Zhr

Grail

Feel the funk blast
I went to anime expo this weekend, had fun at some panels and found this booth with anime cels and pencil sketches. I bought these from slam dunk anime and did karaoke

Looks like you had fun, and nice cel! Just started watching Slam Dunk this year, it's a good watching. :guts:

Congratulations to you and the family, Walter!!

Does she look more like you or your wife? I've been told I look more like my Mum's side of the family and as I get older, my resemblance to her late brother grows.

Griffith

With the streak of a tear, Like morning dew
Wow, I totally missed the boat here! Congrats, Duder! I hope that hospital stay is completely in the past.

BTW, would you say the Switch Lite would have been a better fit for extended hospital waits!? JK =)

Last edited:

Grail

Feel the funk blast
Late on the life update, it's been a busy year and it's going by so goddamn fast ... anyway, today marks our 2 month wedding anniversary. We had a City Hall wedding in the company of our very close friends (as good as family to me) and had a reception that evening with people who mattered to us. Gonna hit up Bombay next December for the Zoroastrian wedding :SK:.

Wow, big congrats to you dude! You and your wife look awesome in that photo. Nothing quite like a City Hall wedding! :guts: I don't know anything about Zoroastrian weddings, but I hope you all have a great time.

Aazealh

Administrator
Staff member
Late on the life update, it's been a busy year and it's going by so goddamn fast ... anyway, today marks our 2 month wedding anniversary. We had a City Hall wedding in the company of our very close friends (as good as family to me) and had a reception that evening with people who mattered to us. Gonna hit up Bombay next December for the Zoroastrian wedding :SK:.

Damn bro, congratulations!

Wow, big congrats to you dude! You and your wife look awesome in that photo. Nothing quite like a City Hall wedding! :guts: I don't know anything about Zoroastrian weddings, but I hope you all have a great time.
Thanks Grail! Yeah, the photo came out pretty well and I think it was because it was candid. We had a photographer take some photos too but I like the candid ones more. The Zoroastrian/ Parsi wedding will be simple (no 5 day song and dance like the usual Indian weddings haha). A ceremony the day before, wedding in the morning with priests that'll last an hour and a reception in the evening. It's all about that reception cos of the food! That's what I'm excited about.

Damn bro, congratulations!
Thanks Aaz!

Grail

Feel the funk blast
Looks cool, Branded! Your car is turning into a regular Berserk-mobile!:isidro: Do you get a lot of folks asking you about the decals?

SaiyajinNoOuji

I'm still better than you
My wife and I welcomed our new daughter into the world last week. She's tiny and beautiful. :casca:

babygirl1.jpg

We've been at the hospital for a little over a month, and just came home today. The Switch came in very handy :guts:

Looks like I have been out of the loop long enough to miss the fact that you had a baby girl back in July (congrats by the way! :guts: ) along with that you have a son as well! Hope parenthood is treating you nicely! :ganishka:

So since I am here, I guess I'll give a random update...

Still here in Japan! This upcoming July will mark my 20th year living in Japan! I've lived here longer than the states! Family is growing up quite nicely!

My boys are growing up well as you can tell :carcus::
78797264_2531105760341417_5754081528854347776_o.jpg

Other than that, just doing the thing! Work, study, parenting, and video games! Hope everyone else is well!

Picked up a used car this weekend and I'm a first time car owner! It's a 10 year old Nissan with about 170,000 miles on it. Previously owned by my wife's uncle, we got this for free. But, we took it to a mechanic and we had to spend about $2400 to get new brakes, suspension and get the A/C fixed. We originally budgeted about $12,000 for a used hatch - any model newer than 2014. So this worked out a lot better.

SK2JiH3.jpg

Not being able to go to my wife's Grandmother's funeral in April was the catalyst for us considering getting a car. She passed away from Covid-19 and at that time, we couldn't safely get to/ out of Boston. So we pulled the trigger about a month ago and considered all these added costs of parking, insurance, an EZ Pass and so on. You never really need a car if you're in NYC because public transport can get you everywhere. However, since the pandemic, we haven't felt safe taking public transport to visit friends or get anywhere really.

I have my computer test for the learner's permit end of October cos dates have been blocked out already with a 3/4 month wait. I'm used to driving on the other side of the road and driving a stick-shift.

Grail

Feel the funk blast
Not being able to go to my wife's Grandmother's funeral in April was the catalyst for us considering getting a car. She passed away from Covid-19 and at that time, we couldn't safely get to/ out of Boston.

So sorry to hear that, my condolences to you and your wife's family.

It's a shame that it's become such a necessity to have a car right now, but it's good that you were able to land yourself a used one for free! I hope that it serves you well. :daiba:

Franz

It's a dolphin.
My wife and I welcomed our new daughter into the world last week. She's tiny and beautiful. :casca:

babygirl1.jpg

We've been at the hospital for a little over a month, and just came home today. The Switch came in very handy :guts:

Congrats dude, and now that it's slightly over a year I hope you're enjoying her becoming a real human. :puck: Sorry about the monthlong hospital stay, I'm sure it was rough. My oldest spent maybe a week in the NICU as she swallowed meconium and had to be tube-fed, etc. Real rough on my wife. Go figure the first year was likewise very rough. Always sick I swear every 3 weeks, caused conflict for me at work, on and on. Hitting that year mark was huge.

Anyway, good stuff man. Don't reveal to her how big of a nerd you are. ;)

Top Bottom