The Propaganda Period: Devotion

Uriel

This journey isn't ov--AARGH!
Something along the lines of the Manga section would be in order. Just have replace the pictures and information and you're onto a winner ;D

As for the coloured image of that scene, it would be quite difficult to make it look better, because of the way it's drawn and the huge crease down the middle of the picture. However, I'd be willing to give it a shot, along with some of the other double page spreads... I've often fancied colouring the image where Guts is carving through a group of Trolls. And feel free to use any coloured images I've done in the past ;)

As for layouts, I'm really not the guy to ask on that. Perhaps make a notice to attract more attention on the boards? Not everyone comes to the Creation Station.

Walter

Administrator
Staff member
Uriel said:
Something along the lines of the Manga section would be in order. Just have replace the pictures and information and you're onto a winner ;D
I'm very tempted... but that would totally be cheating :)

I've often fancied colouring the image where Guts is carving through a group of Trolls.
That would be ideal as the background for events during Volume 25.

As for layouts, I'm really not the guy to ask on that. Perhaps make a notice to attract more attention on the boards? Not everyone comes to the Creation Station.
But this place already feels like home... I don't want to pack my bags just yet.

Walter

Administrator
Staff member
asmer said:
And what about this superb idea of TWO NEW CHARACTERS? ???
Already considered and ousted Anna. Buzzsaw as well. Both for the following reason: near worthless characters. If Anna becomes a more vital role in the future, then yeah, I'll add her. Same goes for Buzzsaw.

Good work on the coding though.

Walter said:
Already considered and ousted Anna. Buzzsaw as well. Both for the following reason: near worthless characters. If Anna becomes a more vital role in the future, then yeah, I'll add her. Same goes for Buzzsaw.
Alright then, I agree those aren't really important characters! :p

Walter said:
Good work on the coding though.
Thanks! And I won't stop with this failure, you'll here from me SOON! ;D

Walter

Administrator
Staff member
Had a few spare hours after class today. The new Timeline is ~half complete. The hard part at least, is over.

Comments, additions, corrections are welcome. Keep in mind the layout and graphics will improve with time and comments.

Click

(I realize it doesn't look perfect in 800x600 just yet, but keep your skirts on.)

Edit: Uriel just realized a glaring error in the dates. (fixed)

nir085

Horse and Armor
Looks good so far.

How is the timeline going to be integrated into the overall "World" page? Are you going to make a circle called "timeline" or is it going to be a part of Berserk universe?

Walter

Administrator
Staff member
nir085 said:
Looks good so far.

How is the timeline going to be integrated into the overall "World" page? Are you going to make a circle called "timeline" or is it going to be a part of Berserk universe?
That's not high on my priority list at the moment.

Walter said:
Comments, additions, corrections are welcome. Keep in mind the layout and graphics will improve with time and comments.

I think doing it with -> FRAMES <- could be a good idea. I just don't know how to have the timeline (middle frame) being centered vertically...

Walter

Administrator
Staff member
That's pretty nifty, asmer. Good idea. I've been working on images since last night. I'll have them uploaded sometime tonight. Hopefully I'll at least catch up to the Eclipse, graphically.

I have to say, this particular project is definitely looking sharp. Its going to be badass by the end.

PS: Fixed a few of the dates too, but it will, like the images, be uploaded tonight.

Ahoy, I can color stuff, I'm not very good yet though.

I've actually thought of going through, and coloring all of the manga, but decided not to do pages with more than one frame, or dialouge

Uriel

This journey isn't ov--AARGH!
Nice. They're simple, but that's the beauty of them. The image of Void is by far the best.. dare I say that I prefer it to the effect in your avatar? Too late now, I said it.

If you keep with that theme, then all will be well and good ;D

Unrelated Question: What section was it you wanted the Troll colouring for?

Miyu

I'm smiling on the inside.
Oh, that is spiffy! I really like the soft colors for all the pictures. I have nothing else to say except keep it coming. :)

Walter

Administrator
Staff member
Updated with more images. I'm starting to feel a little burned out, and it shows in the images being less ... dramatic? Anyway, I'm going to take a day or two off.

If anyone feels like picking up the slack, while I'm away, feel free. Here's my method in Photoshop:

[Resize image to 320x168, new layer, change pallette to light and dark gray, /filter/render/clouds, up the contrast/brightness / lower opacity till it looks like clean but sharp fog, hue/saturation both layers until happy, play around wtih contrast/brightness till it looks uniform with the rest, flatten image and you're done!]

Smith said:
Is there a timeline for the encyclopedias?
Maybe I should have a FAQ for the Encyclopedia? 8)

It's been a long time i went to the encyclopedia page (the link in Walter's signature) but the link to "universe" is broken, maybe you already know and maybe there never was a working link yet..
I only want to help in my way :-\

Walter

Administrator
Staff member
Shurikn said:
It's been a long time i went to the encyclopedia page (the link in Walter's signature) but the link to "universe" is broken, maybe you already know and maybe there never was a working link yet..
I only want to help in my way :-\
its not broken, it just doesnt exist yet. Hence the whole "under construction" image in my sig.

Walter said:
If you are interested in helping the Cause, you can start by picking any of the following sections you are most skilled or interested in:
[...]
[*]Merchandise
--> Card game images / Rules
[...]

I've done an HTML-ization for the TCG's Rules: Rules (by Aazealh). I don't know if it corresponds to what you thought about the TCG's rules, since it's pretty "basic", but I thought I had shown what I've done.
This has been done with the authorization of Aazealh, who wrote these rules on this Board ("Assorted Translations" part).
The image at the top has been shamelessly stolen from Konami's Official Site for the TCG, but since I've linked this site with the image itself, they should forgive me that.
As for the cursor, it's easily removable if people do not like it!

I hope that can help the Cause! ;D

Good work but i felt somehow it is a bit weird... the way the timeline progress... what happen if the story somehow jump like a year? Wouldnt the timeline have to change again?

I have this suggestion: Story began 1000 yrs and reach year 0 when Guts is born... then it continue to 22 which is the current age now (You could sort out historic event before year 0 by indicating Years before Guts was Born etc)

Well if you really want to be precise in this way... then i guess Void, Slann, Conrad and Ubik should be 866,650, 434, 218 yrs respectively... with Femto being the last 2 yrs back (Btw how how u know about the order of GH in term of time?)

Oh yeah one last thing... Is guts really 21 years old?

Walter

Administrator
Staff member
Smith said:
Good work but i felt somehow it is a bit weird... the way the timeline progress... what happen if the story somehow jump like a year? Wouldnt the timeline have to change again?
No. The year 0 will be Griffith's Reincarnation. I dont see how any jump in time forward would affect the previous years. The current timeline is based on relative events. THe only thing that could change its structure would be "no just kidding, Guts is only 18" or something ridiculous like that.

I have this suggestion: Story began 1000 yrs and reach year 0 when Guts is born... then it continue to 22 which is the current age now (You could sort out historic event before year 0 by indicating Years before Guts was Born etc)
That doesnt really take into account the cycles of the God Hand which is just a tad more important in the grand scheme than Guts age...

Top Bottom