The Walking Dead

Johnstantine

Skibbidy Boo Bop
Seeing that it's been a while since anything was posted here, just thought I'd see what everyone thought of the latest developments.

The dead can speak? Definitely seems like an interesting, unfuckinfboring turn for once.

New season premiered two weekend's ago, I only caught the first episode. Surprised by the quick pace and action,
felt like a season closing episode where they save up all those big bang moments for. That reunion for everybody looked way too convenient + that rocket explosion was meh, unbelievable.

Walter

Administrator
Staff member
Johnstantine said:
Seeing that it's been a while since anything was posted here, just thought I'd see what everyone thought of the latest developments.

The dead can speak? Definitely seems like an interesting, unfuckinfboring turn for once.

George Romero toyed with this idea in the otherwise crappy "Day of the Dead," though it is interesting to see Kirkman's take on it.

Walter

Administrator
Staff member
Johnstantine said:
Double post, but whatevs.

135 was awesome. This whole arc has been getting the series back to its roots. Fucking awesome.

I'm about 4 issues behind. I'll need to binge soon.

Walter

Administrator
Staff member
Jaze1618 said:
So. I stopped reading around issue 124-126 or so... with "all out war" still going on.

How good are the rest of the issues?

I'm only a few issues after "All Out War" and I can say that it got better immediately after that story arc, which I personally felt had dragged on waaaaaaay too long.

Johnstantine

Skibbidy Boo Bop
Jaze1618 said:
So. I stopped reading around issue 124-126 or so... with "all out war" still going on.

How good are the rest of the issues?

That shouldn't have been a 12 issue arc. 6 at the most. No idea why he dragged it out, but the pacing had never been that bad until then.

Once you get to 127-128 it gets back to where it needed to be and is gearing up to be amazing again.

This past weekend I wrapped up the first half of Season 5. The first episode was cool because it felt like something happened and I didn't have to wait a full season for the action. And then it drifts. It ends with
Beth dying which she deserved ... that was a dumb move she pulled thinking she'd get away with it, so I'm not sad to see her go.
Nothing this season was interesting, the only good thing I can think of is seeing
Rick change
. I've contemplated dropping the show but I've come this far and I guess I want to see what it's all leading up to. There are a lot of things that don't make sense, one of the biggest being
getting past walkers - we've seen Carol and Michonne or maybe more people put blood on themselves as a disguise to get past/ walk along side walkers, but they won't incorporate that tactic in usual situations? Why fight 30/40 walkers, get potentially bitten versus using that tactic? I can't get over it!

Johnstantine

Skibbidy Boo Bop
In case anyone still reads this aside from me, this month’s issue is pretty massive in terms of the narrative going forward.

In case anyone still reads this aside from me, this month’s issue is pretty massive in terms of the narrative going forward.

I’m about six months behind, but I still intend on keeping up with it. I guess this is a good time to catch up.

EDIT: Alright, I’m caught up now. The latest issue is massive indeed. I wonder what’s next.

Last edited:
Well, now that the series ended what does everyone think of the ending? I stopped about a year or two ago just due to other stuff getting in the way of keeping up bu now that im caught up overall my feeling towards it is fine I guess? It's more surreal than anything seeing characters and the series you grew to love for so long just kinda end, but overall satisfied with it even though it clearly wasn't Kirkmans intention to end it right here and it was due to his lost passion for the series.

The series ended? I guess I wasn’t up to date for very long and I need to catch up again.

Yeah it was a surprise ending its very clear it wasnt the original intention but I'm glad it did it was satisfying enough even if abrupt and if it went on any longer I probably wouldnt have even cared enough to go back to finish it

Yeah it was a surprise ending its very clear it wasnt the original intention but I'm glad it did it was satisfying enough even if abrupt and if it went on any longer I probably wouldnt have even cared enough to go back to finish it

As it turns out, I was only missing the final issue and I’ve read it now. Considering where the story was, the ending indeed felt abrupt and, even though the final issue did address many things, I’d personally would have preferred more than what we got. Having said that, the author did say that he didn’t find a good way of doing just that, so perhaps it was good that the story ended now.

Oh well, at least the story was concluded and not abandoned.
My initial reaction to the ending was comparing it to what I believe our own Griffith considers to be the de facto ending to Vagabond, namely The LAST Manga Exhibition, as
both show the world years after what was shown in the series, and both seem to end on a positive note a story that could be considered a bit dark.

Oh well, at least the story was concluded and not abandoned.
My initial reaction to the ending was comparing it to what I believe our own Griffith considers to be the de facto ending to Vagabond, namely The LAST Manga Exhibition, as
both show the world years after what was shown in the series, and both seem to end on a positive note a story that could be considered a bit dark.

Now that you're saying it it really does feel like the exhibition vagabond ending, its nice to know it went out in a positive way though.

Reactions: m
Top Bottom