Theoden's 3D Sculpts

Re: 3D Zodd sculpt and other stuff

The Beast of Darkness said:
You've done an excellent work ! I really love the base. :beast:

Thank you :guts:

Here are some new pics with some additional heads. I hope you like it.
10003330_10152767621463244_886421196005804569_n.jpg
11083809_10152767623898244_7639729628837399203_o.jpg

10452973_10152767626428244_6667467341503295880_o.jpg

11154988_10152767626558244_3676411958001087519_o.jpg

11090998_10152767624008244_1101514572157236405_o.jpg
10532827_10152767624058244_2309590225445532410_o.jpg

Grail

Feel the funk blast

Each new printout is more impressive than the last! The armor came out great. :ubik:

Really good likeness and the end product looks amazing, congrats man! Plus, he's tall! With the base and the sword's handle, the kit's what ... 28 cms tall?

Walter said:
The best Guts likeness I've seen in a sculpt.

Wow thank you !! I think this is the best thing I've read about my Guts. Means a lot to me! :guts:

JMP said:
Wow, very cool! The expressions are great. Yes, really looks like Guts. :guts:

Thank you! I could add more. But I don't really know If that would be really interesting on the bust, I will keep some for future projects :carcus:

Grail said:
Each new printout is more impressive than the last! The armor came out great. :ubik:

Thanks. Yes, the last two heads ( without the helmet on the armor version ) were printed with maximum quality preset on the printer. It took no less than 18 hours to get those printed... But the quality is really, really great. And believe me, the pictures don't do justice at all to the level of detail of the prints.

IncantatioN said:
Really good likeness and the end product looks amazing, congrats man! Plus, he's tall! With the base and the sword's handle, the kit's what ... 28 cms tall?

Thank you!! It was really a huge pain to get this printed, since it is my first resin kit/printed project. Haha how do you know this :isidro: ?? Yes it's about 28cm tall, from the base to the tip of the DS handle.
Also, more pics of the 3D sculpt for those who wants!!

6sEQKGe.jpg

EZiDMte.jpg

nMo6jcn.jpg

I sent the kits to a painter for finishing purposes and to get a really nice painting, you can check his painting work on Zodd and Grunbeld here :

DAlEydV.jpg

I think it's going to be pretty badass !! :guts:

I'm also currently working on my first full Berserk statue. Here is a sneak peek of it ( and big kudos to those who will recognize the manga panel where it's from :ganishka: )

UjJ47ZN.jpg

A little update on what I'm doing. My busts are taking a bit longer than expected to prepare and finish ( in order to be castable and stuff ).

Here is a picture of the next project I will print ( since nobody wanted to guess :judo: )
I hope you like it.

Wp7c6n6.jpg

That looks great! I love the pose you chose for this, a contemplative Guts onboard the Seahorse, if I'm not mistaken.Sorry, I meant to guess. I was thinking about it and then I forgot to come back and post. :puck: The finished and painted Zodd and Grunbeld look amazing, too. :ubik:

Grail

Feel the funk blast

Sorry I missed your earlier post Theoden, the painted busts look fantastic, congrats! Your new project is looking very cool. I dig the details in the pants! :ubik:

What scale were the busts again, btw? I know you told me on fb but I'm lazy :rakshas:

JMP said:
That looks great! I love the pose you chose for this, a contemplative Guts onboard the Seahorse, if I'm not mistaken.Sorry, I meant to guess. I was thinking about it and then I forgot to come back and post. :puck: The finished and painted Zodd and Grunbeld look amazing, too. :ubik:

Thank you! Exactly, you're right about the specific place and time on this one. :guts: Yes they are awesome! The painter is still working on my kits.

Kruge said:
Looks great! I love all the texturing and layers in the fabric.

Thank you! Fun fact, the strokes are really made quickly. The thing which takes most of my time are the bandages I'm working on right now.

Grail said:
Sorry I missed your earlier post Theoden, the painted busts look fantastic, congrats! Your new project is looking very cool. I dig the details in the pants! :ubik:

Yes they are! I own the unpainted kits but not those, they are just to showcase the painter's work I asked to take care of my printed kits. Damn, everyone seems to like that pants!!

Kruge said:
What scale were the busts again, btw? I know you told me on fb but I'm lazy :rakshas:

It's 1/4 bro :carcus: no worries.
Sorry I got no interesting updates right now. I moved to another city so I didn't get much free time to work on it. It should be finished in the next few weeks.

Edit : I managed to find some time to work on it. Almost finished. Next step will be 3D printing preps :serpico:

TQGP2os.jpg

vZbl6HJ.jpg

Grail

Feel the funk blast
Theoden said:
Edit : I managed to find some time to work on it. Almost finished. Next step will be 3D printing preps :serpico:

Looking good! I'm curious though, what sort of preparation is involved for printing in 3D? Is it preparation involved for the file itself? Sorry if this is a basic question, I'm not too familiar with the process. :guts:

Grail said:
Looking good! I'm curious though, what sort of preparation is involved for printing in 3D? Is it preparation involved for the file itself? Sorry if this is a basic question, I'm not too familiar with the process. :guts:

Well, it really depends on the type of printer you have. With some printers like the model I got, hollowing the model in 3D is better to save material and let the resin flow, and to avoid pressure issues with closed surfaces and other problems. The other major work is the process of cutting each piece and thinking of the right design in order for them to fit nicely. Same as for traditional kits/statues, each part has to be cut. And in 3D it's both easier and harder.
It's also a constant check, because when a piece is being printed, I have to check regularly because one piece may be composed of 1600 layers, and one failed layer is enough to destroy the entire printing process. And When you got a failure you have to react fast, otherwise it's wasted resin, so wasted money.

JMP said:
All I can say is wow! Looks great! :guts:

Thank you :guts:

roskus said:
wow! majestic jobs!
But it's for sell (3d rendering and kit) or only for you?

Thanks roskus! I will be making a few copies. More info soon. :slan:

Ahmetal

God hand help us
Amazing work. Really looking forward to picking up all the kits you make available. When the companies see your guts likeness they will probably try to hire you ASAP. Keep us posted. You're killing it!

Thank you everyone :serpico:

Small update ( well, it can appear small... But the painter worked REALLY hard to get that finish quality, and prepare the sculpture for molding purposes etc. He was also kind enough to fix some mistakes I made, but I won't tell which one :slan: :ganishka: )
So, this is the base coat. Next step will be the full painting. I'm really excited to see how it will turn out :guts:

V3vM0nd.jpg

Top Bottom