Things I Would Like To Learn More Of In Berserk

Hello all. I realized I haven't posted in a while and wanted to put something out there for a while. I dunno if these topics have already been brought up, but if not, I shall start.

1) Isidro's backstory

Before you yell at me again, I swear I'm not bashing the character. I think he holds a lot of potential as a fighter and hope he turns into a fighter somewhat similar to Joseph Joestar from Jojo, using his quick wit and strategy as oppossed the the mostly strength-driven powerhouse style of Guts.

But I don't think there's much known about him prior to meeting Guts?

Like yeah, he stole to survive and stuff, but where was he from? What happened that made him turn out the way? Did he have parents? Or was he just an orphan like Guts?

Heck, we know more about Isma, Roderick, even certain members of the Godhand than we do about Isidro.

Not that the back story would necessarily be the ONLY reason I'd need to care for his character, but it would be nice to get some inner mechanisms of him aside from the occasional fight or banter with Schrieke.

What Happened to Jill/Theresa?

I often wonder what happened to them after the ending of their respective arcs, especially Jill since she was such a phenomenal character and a mirror to Guts when he was a child. Did her village get swarmed by apostles? Did she and her village get "saved" by The Hawk of Light and they're currently living the good life in Falconia? I gotta know. i'd even take a fan fiction from this, I gots ta know!

So How Exactly Are Behelits Made?

I'm not 100% sure I fully grasp the concept of how these things are made? Like what are they made of? Tears? And how do some of them gain their colors? I just imagine a Godhand member painting them like the easter eggs me and my granny would make, lmao

That time Schireke was able to call upon that dark spirit in the tree?

To further elaborate, I wanted to know more about the dark spirits who weren't hostile as opposed to the spirits that haunt & attack Guts and the people at the Tower Conviction. Since they're pressence are realted to barytes, does this mean the Godhand and the God of the Abyss can easily control and summon barytes as they choose? Or did I miss something?

How exactly was the Berserker armor made?

I'm certain this will be answered in later episodes, but I just wanted to bring this up while its on my mind. Since the dwarves like dark places, I can only imagine that the armour had to be forged from some kind of cursed metal. I'd like to think that it might not even be metal, but some re-enforced bark made from an unholy tree. Dunno. Just a wierd thought. Maybe the tree had the properties of metal and was able to be made through other means as oppsed to armor made by regular blacksmiths.

This is all for now. If you were able to power through my poor attempt at humor, I appreciate it. I do hope a discussion can be spurred by some, if not all of my questions.

I'm sorry if I came off as rambly in some of my question as well. Hope to see what brews forth!

Aazealh

Administrator
Staff member
1) Isidro's backstory

Before you yell at me again, I swear I'm not bashing the character. I think he holds a lot of potential as a fighter and hope he turns into a fighter somewhat similar to Joseph Joestar from Jojo, using his quick wit and strategy as oppossed the the mostly strength-driven powerhouse style of Guts.

But I don't think there's much known about him prior to meeting Guts? Like yeah, he stole to survive and stuff, but where was he from? What happened that made him turn out the way? Did he have parents? Or was he just an orphan like Guts?

Isidro is still just a boy, and his fighting style and techniques are still evolving. However from your description I'm sure you enjoyed seeing him develop a new ultra-fast-movement technique using the forest in episode 363. Especially since it's sure to come into play later on during a real battle.

As for his backstory, it's never dwelled on, but we know more about it than Schierke's. The key moments are his talks with Morgan in volumes 24 and 25, but more generally there's a lot of it sprinkled in volumes 23 to 26. I'm guessing you forgot about it because it's so seamlessly integrated into the rest of the story. I would recommend reading those volumes to get reacquainted with his character. Volumes 28 to 31, when the group is in Vritannis, also contain important developments for him.

What Happened to Jill/Theresa?

I often wonder what happened to them after the ending of their respective arcs, especially Jill since she was such a phenomenal character and a mirror to Guts when he was a child. Did her village get swarmed by apostles? Did she and her village get "saved" by The Hawk of Light and they're currently living the good life in Falconia? I gotta know. i'd even take a fan fiction from this, I gots ta know!

Not all characters can remain in the story. Theresia and Jill had their part and now it's over. Could they reenter the picture in the future? Only if Miura deems it useful and interesting. And if they don't, it's up to you to imagine what could have happened to them.

So How Exactly Are Behelits Made?

I'm not 100% sure I fully grasp the concept of how these things are made? Like what are they made of? Tears? And how do some of them gain their colors? I just imagine a Godhand member painting them like the easter eggs me and my granny would make, lmao

We see how they are created during the Eclipse, in volume 13. They are drops that rise from the Abyss when Griffith sheds his last tear.

That time Schireke was able to call upon that dark spirit in the tree?

To further elaborate, I wanted to know more about the dark spirits who weren't hostile as opposed to the spirits that haunt & attack Guts and the people at the Tower Conviction.

You're confusing two very different things. The evil spirits who harass Guts every night are essentially the deformed ghosts of humans who refuse to move on to the next world.

The spirit from the tree that we saw in episode 360 is a spirit of darkness. These are considered more dangerous than other elemental spirits, but they aren't evil. The other spirit of darkness we had previously encountered was the Lord of Rotting Roots.

Since they're pressence are realted to barytes, does this mean the Godhand and the God of the Abyss can easily control and summon barytes as they choose? Or did I miss something?

I think you're confused. When the concept of Barytes was first introduced (in episode 346) I speculated that it might be connected to the evil power wielded by the God Hand, but that is not at all a sure thing. It hasn't been confirmed and might not be the case. We got more information about Barytes in episode 361, learning that they are the key to flying on a broom for witches, but also that they are related to the lightness of the piskies and the sullenness of the dwarves. However our knowledge is still incomplete and we have to wait for more details to be revealed.

How exactly was the Berserker armor made?

I'm certain this will be answered in later episodes, but I just wanted to bring this up while its on my mind. Since the dwarves like dark places, I can only imagine that the armour had to be forged from some kind of cursed metal. I'd like to think that it might not even be metal, but some re-enforced bark made from an unholy tree. Dunno. Just a wierd thought. Maybe the tree had the properties of metal and was able to be made through other means as oppsed to armor made by regular blacksmiths.

I very much doubt that the Berserk's armor was created from the bark of an evil tree. As for what metal was used, it's impossible to say at this point, but you shouldn't assume it's the material that makes a difference (as opposed to the conditions under which the armor was created).

Top Bottom