TV Series: Lost

Vampire_Hunter_Bob

Cats are great
Re: Lost 5th Season

NightCrawler said:
Have you guys seen the first two episodes? Any thoughts?

Locke is Jacob?

Hurley still lame and worthless?

How do you stay on that island for that long and stay that fat?

Edit: I'm not trying to derail the thread, this has actually bothered me for some time now.

Th3Branded0ne

I'll be back.
Yeah I saw the episodes. Hurley left the island, so he got all the food he wanted now, and if his lottery money was given back because he is not allegedly dead, then he could have bought any food he wanted. Although it shows that he was in an psyche ward to escape his hallucinations of seeing Charlie and other dead people. I guess now the producers are doing the same,
putting you into the future and now showing you what happened between the time the Oceanic 6 were away from the island and how they will get back. Going back in forth between again the past and the present.
That tactic still present in the show. And according to rumors this is suppose to be their last season or the one before the last one.

Walter

Administrator
Staff member
Th3Branded0ne said:
And according to rumors this is suppose to be their last season or the one before the last one.
It's no rumor that there will be six seasons of Lost.

Also, please be mindful of spoilers when posting in this thread, Branded0ne, even things that are only SLIGHTLY spoilerish.

i believe i read somewhere that there will be a season 6. 34 epis total to wrap it up. 17 each season. i just watched s05e01+02 last night. things havent gotten any less strange but i am loving see the crew again.

Walter

Administrator
Staff member
Psymont 2.0 said:
i believe i read somewhere that there will be a season 6.
Yes... I know... I meant it's a FACT confirmed by the creators of the show that there will be 6 seasons -- not a rumor.

Are you guys new to the show or something? This has been known since the beginning of Season 4.

Th3Branded0ne

I'll be back.
Walter said:
Are you guys new to the show or something?

I am not new to Lost, I didn't keep up with news about the show I just watched it. One of my friends told me about the rumors and I didn't search on it to find out how true it was, so I just went with what he told me about it.

Walter said:
Yes... I know... I meant it's a FACT confirmed by the creators of the show that there will be 6 seasons -- not a rumor.

Are you guys new to the show or something? This has been known since the beginning of Season 4.

...........i was just backing you up and providing additional info about the breakdown. :schnoz:

turns out it was wiki where i read that:

On May 7, 2007, ABC Entertainment President Stephen McPherson announced that Lost will end during the 2009–2010 season with a "highly anticipated and shocking finale."[71] "We felt that this was the only way to give Lost a proper creative conclusion," McPherson said.[71] Beginning with the 2007–2008 television season, the final 48 episodes would have been aired as three seasons with 16 episodes each, with Lost concluding in its sixth season. Due to the writers strike, the fourth season featured 14 episodes, and Seasons 5 and 6 will have 17 episodes each.[72] Lindelof stated that Lost would return in January 2009 for a fifth season.[73]

Executive producers Lindelof and Cuse stated that they "always envisioned Lost as a show with a beginning, middle, and end," and that by announcing when the show would end that viewers would "have the security of knowing that the story will play out as we've intended."[71] Lindelof and Cuse stated that securing the 2010 series-end date "was immensely liberating" and helped the series rediscover its focus.[74] Lindelof noted, "We're no longer stalling."[74] Matthew Fox is the only cast member who knows the ending of the show.[75]

Griffith

With the streak of a tear, Like morning dew
NightCrawler said:
Have you guys seen the first two episodes? Any thoughts?

I thought our silence, before this, spoke volumes. :void:

Anyway, it had all the pacing and impact of a clip show.

Griffith

NightCrawler said:
Let's wait for A.C.'s opinion.

:ganishka:

bridge_troll.jpg

"Here he comes...!"

Anyway, I honestly thought it was ridiculous, but minus any of its formerly redeeming organic qualities such as emotion and characterization... because they didn't have the time for it I guess, and so the main characters were like parodies of themselves. Who knows, it'll have to regain some focus episode to episode. I've said it before though, instead of it being a case of them ending the show in six seasons before it got bad, it's like they expedited the expiration rate, or literally jumped from season two to the last four lousy seasons, skipping the middling years, "Here's where we give you the disappointing answers to all of your questions!" Thanks.

I mean, the writing sucked right off the bat with doctor science professor babbling to some dumbass construction worker about time travel like it was a normal thing. Does he casually lecture every construction worker or security guard on the island about the secrets of the universe? The writers/producers couldn't have found a less clumsy, stupid, and insulting way to clue in the audience? I guess not.

Walter

Administrator
Staff member
I'm still working through it. It's uh... honestly not keeping my attention. I keep watching it for 10 minutes at a time, then pausing and doing something else. That's not a good sign for me in a season premiere.

Aazealh

Administrator
Staff member
Th3Branded0ne said:
Hurley left the island, so he got all the food he wanted now

The problem is that he didn't lose weight before that. His excuse is supposed to be secret food stacks.

NightCrawler said:
Let's wait for A.C.'s opinion.

It is the best show ever created (and that will ever be created). I expected something merely excellent, but it went beyond excellency and redefined what it means to tell a story.

Griffith

Walter said:
I'm still working through it. It's uh... honestly not keeping my attention. I keep watching it for 10 minutes at a time

That's pretty much how the premiere was constructed anyway, whether you sit straight through or not, it's just choppy as Hell. I was hoping they'd at least tie some of the more obnoxious threads
, ahem, Hurley,
together by the end, but of course, we have to be subjected to weeks of this bullshit...

lostfiller.jpg

Aazealh said:
The problem is that he didn't lose weight before that. His excuse is supposed to be secret food stacks.

Yeah, it's nice to see an actor so dedicated to his Kraft™ :ganishka:

Do you think they even bothered trying to get him to lose weight before the useless food subplot in season 2?

X

Xem

I obviously don't judge commercial television as much as you guys because I'm enjoying the series. As usual in TV shows, it's never going to be as good as it was in the beginning, but I don't expect it to be. I'm enjoying Sayid's character the most, as always, and I'm really hoping that Jin is still alive.
It's cool to see the different stages of the island as it travels through time.

Oh, and I'm glad Desmond's story isn't over. I was afraid it would be put I didn't think about the fact that he can see the future, which obviously is a huge key to finding the island if you ask me.

If I demanded outstanding work I'd probably never see anything except Berserk and a select few movies every year.

Griffith

Deci said:
I obviously don't judge commercial television as much as you guys because I'm enjoying the series.

Probably not by quantity since this is the only show I'm actually watching currently, and if I didn't have social reasons to, I think I'd have quit a while ago. In that sense, establishing the time limit was brilliant because if it was just going to go on forever like this, I'd have bailed. As it stands, I'm counting the days until I'm out, like prison.

Deci said:
If I demanded outstanding work I'd probably never see anything except Berserk and a select few movies every year.

Not outstanding doesn't quite cover it for me. It's just another dumb show now.

X

Xem

Griffith said:
Probably not by quantity since this is the only show I'm actually watching currently, and if I didn't have social reasons to, I think I'd have quit a while ago. In that sense, establishing the time limit was brilliant because if it was just going to go on forever like this, I'd have bailed. As it stands, I'm counting the days until I'm out, like prison.

I agree with you there, if I didn't know this was the last two seasons I'd be pretty annoyed to keep watching (*cough* Heroes). I suffer from an inability to stop watching/reading/playing something once I've gotten kinda far into it, nearly no matter how horrible it is. I guess I hang on to the notion that the ending might somehow be amazing even though the rest of it wasn't (Blood+ is a good example, and the main reason I'm not a big anime junkie anymore). At least we know it's gonna be all wrapped up and done with soon.

Welcome to SkullKnight.NET Mwahaha

Thanks! I actually do think the work done here is pretty outstanding. =)

Aazealh

Administrator
Staff member
Griffith said:
Do you think they even bothered trying to get him to lose weight before the useless food subplot in season 2?

I'm actually curious about it. I wouldn't be surprised if they did and failed.

Deci said:
I agree with you there, if I didn't know this was the last two seasons I'd be pretty annoyed to keep watching (*cough* Heroes). I suffer from an inability to stop watching/reading/playing something once I've gotten kinda far into it, nearly no matter how horrible it is.

It's the same for all of us. I probably wouldn't be watching this show anymore if I didn't know anyone else who did; same thing if they hadn't announced an ending.

Walter

Administrator
Staff member
hotpocket.gif

Most entertaining part of this premiere. Gif brought to you by the SomethingAwful Forum goons (and completely brainwashed freaks for L O S T).

Well, okay...that premiere wasn't exactly the best of Lost. It only worked because they showed two episodes at once and thank god for that because the first episode's 'cliffhanger' was disgustingly weak. Honestly I did not know what to expect this season. I have not been thinking about LOST very much since last season ended and I'm pretty much out of theories at the moment. I did enjoy it, but not as much as other episodes.

But then I listened to the producers and they said that the premiere was difficult to write and had to be a little weaker than the rest in order to get to the good parts. It's early and this season may still suprise us... The plot with the soldiers attacking the survivors certainly is interesting.

Holy shit!
Jin is alive
!!

I always figured they would touch on
Rousseau and on Jin
this season... but at the same time!? Awesome storytelling!! I've been waiting for the past four years just to see
Montand and his missing arm
and now it might actually happen!

"Thank you LORD!!"
[Flash]
"I TAKE THAT BACK!!!"

Lol. Great stuff. This season started slow put has steadily gotten uphill since then. Can't wait till next week!

Aazealh

Administrator
Staff member
I'd forgotten this existed already. I'm skipping it for a while then I'll watch a few episodes in a row to ease the pain. And I haven't read your post yet A.C but I'm already annoyed. =)

Top Bottom