Vagabond Statue

Griffith

With the streak of a tear, Like morning dew
Mangetsu said:
There is also this absolutely amazing sculpt of Musashi

http://3.bp.blogspot.com/-1_vacRjM4H8/VEeqD-h_lfI/AAAAAAAATHQ/naKNZTQro9Q/s1600/m6.jpg

More here http://www.onesixthrepublic.com/2014/10/miyamoto-musashi-vagabond-custom-figure.html

Whoa, that's about as close to a photo-realistic version of Inoue's Musashi that one could do. Unlike previous statues the ways it varies from the character model in the manga seem like the difference between being drawn and being... there. Very cool. I think my favorite statue is still that old Kojiro though, and the Ito Ittosai kit is also pretty cool.

Rhombaad said:

Yeah, for us Berserk fans fretting about the Grunbeld novel, at least it's too much Berserk-branded content, and we can otherwise rest easy knowing we won't have to resort to finishing the story in this format:

https://youtu.be/eGoXyXiwOBg?t=8

guts.gif

Was waiting for things to get official before posting about this statue. Such a great scene and the sculpt is gorgeous. It's been a while since I bought a statue for Berserk or Vagabond but I couldn't let this pass (goddaaaaaamnit DK!!). A fellow Berserk collector on this board is helping the studio translating things/ feedback across to them. I helped a little with input on the paint job by sharing a cover of a Morning magazine from an episode around that time (to get the colors of his clothing/ skin tone) and suggested that his clothes shouldn't look fresh/ new.

The studio is expected to pick a different character for their next statue and I'll try to give them input on what pose/ scene that's acceptable to them.

Details of this statue are below -

Company: Dueling Studio
Contact info: djfungshing88@hotmail.com
Scale: 1/4
Dimensions: 50L x 53W x 50H (CM)
Price: $599 (deposit $200) + shipping from South East Asia
Closing date of pre-order: February 28, 2019
Estimated time of shipping the completed statue: Q2/ Q3 2019

sz4iDHY.jpg

JNqMdMJ.jpg

Dw99bK5.jpg

MaeMd23.jpg

hOrF4nA.jpg

uj1frLr.jpg

v36rAXP.jpg

kKkIIrt.jpg

Walter

Administrator
Staff member
IncantatioN said:
Was waiting for things to get official before posting about this statue. Such a great scene and the sculpt is gorgeous. It's been a while since I bought a statue for Berserk or Vagabond but I couldn't let this pass (goddaaaaaamnit DK!!). A fellow Berserk collector on this board is helping the studio translating things/ feedback across to them. I helped a little with input on the paint job by sharing a cover of a Morning magazine from an episode around that time (to get the colors of his clothing/ skin tone) and suggested that his clothes shouldn't look fresh/ new.

kKkIIrt.jpg

That is a HELL of a statue, wow. They nailed the resemblance to Musashi too. Cool that you were able to help!

Ahmetal

God hand help us
trying to convince myself that it's not a worthy purchase but having a some trouble. very iconic. must. re..sist...

Griffith

With the streak of a tear, Like morning dew
Not a statue guy but DAAAAAMN! :isidro: :beast:

It's probably as close to a satisfying bookend to Vagabond as we're going to get. Speaking of which, if the next statue they do is also Vagabpond, I suggest a complementary Sasaki Kojiro! Maybe seeing them facing off would inspire Inoue. :carcus:

Speaking of which, if the next statue they do is also Vagabpond, I suggest a complementary Sasaki Kojiro! Maybe seeing them facing off would inspire Inoue. :carcus:
It might be his one legged pose from his duel with Koun (episode 175). Will confirm as the statue goes into final production.

Kai Studio has done a previous Musashi that's been really good because of the head sculpt and likeness to Musashi. Here's info on a new figure.

Eleven X KAI STUDIO 1/6 Scale Musashi Figure/ Doll

Pre-order price is $150 (approx.) which is pretty good for that scale. Not a big fan of his expression or the likeness though.

Features:
Head sculpt x2
Figure body x1
Full costume as picture x1
Waraji & Ob x1
Backpack Sack x1
Hands x4 pair
Sword x 1 pair
Figure Stand x1 ( Final product will modify )
Lamp Post display x1

c7XoKik.jpg

xwvXLLc.jpg

0i8YGbI.jpg

vrIId1j.jpg

JLQBCt0.jpg

Top Bottom