Vampira's colorings

I hope i will be able to color pages like you one day :ubik:

Thank you! Don't specifically want to brag but I'm only doing this for a little less than two months so I still have a long long way to go.
That said I'd say you're going in the right direction! Keep at it, one day all of Berserk will be colored and it's because people like us keep entertained during the hiatuses :guts:

Here's yet another page and a panel I did two days ago under 30 mins for practice! (which has some small mistakes) Enjoy strugglers :guts:

Berserk_-_c147_v19_-_p082_color_vampira.jpg

Berserk_-_c258_v30_-_p039_color_vampira.jpg

Grail

Feel the funk blast
Very impressive! Your balance between vibrant colors while also capturing the tone of a scene is getting better and better.

That is some excellent coloring, you make Miura's work pop out of the page. If I was filthy rich I would pay stupid amount of money to have all of Berserk colored.

these are amazing and make me realize I'll never be this good haha, can you give me a tip on how you convert the blood to a red. I have to hold off on any of those panels cause besides redrawing entirely, I have no clue what to do

these are amazing and make me realize I'll never be this good haha, can you give me a tip on how you convert the blood to a red. I have to hold off on any of those panels cause besides redrawing entirely, I have no clue what to do

Don't beat up yourself like that, there's no need, we all start somewhere and have different learning speeds, maybe one day you could do this professionally, never know! I intend to make a tutorial real soon and post all over to help but for now, what I do for blood is select the lineart where the blood is and shift around color balances to make it really dark red after that I paint below it in a bright saturated red and then on a layer above I start painting over with some shading and highlights to make it pop more. Hope it's of some help! For that last eclipse page I was a bit more lazy tho to be quite honest lmao

Aside from that; move was done and I got a chance to color one more page that I'm leaving here!

Berserk_-_c323_v36_-_p180_Digital-HD_color_vampira.jpg

Grail

Feel the funk blast
Wow Vampira, you're consistently putting out some excellent color work, thanks for continuing to share with us. Judo's page is really beautifully done. ( :judo: )

Also proud to announce I got a job today so everything is finally going smooth for me oof

Thank you!! I honestly love coloring a whole lot more than I thought I would initially!

I'd like to ask for suggestions on what page(s) I should work on for the tutorial if it's not much to ask tho, I'm trying to find a good balance of elements that reads well aaaa it's tough :ganishka:

Lithrael

Remember, always hold your apple tight
Well I'm finally moving tomorrow so idk how soon I'll be able to get back into coloring but I can say I just colored 3 and a half pages for a group project that I can't wait to have them shown, meanwhile have this heartfelt eclipse coloring!
Wow, you have a great eye! These are dramatic and lively. You're getting maximum impact with every choice you've made. Very lovely and concise work.

Can't believe the legend Lithrael noticed me holy damn

I just started working on said tutorial! I'll be coloring 10 different pages/spreads so I can hit off everything off of my checklist:
day time
night time
water
fire
blood/gore
magic/auras
color theory and mood
texture
landscape
armor/reflections
fight/high motion sequences

And this is the first one of it

Berserk_-_c297_v34_-_p028-029_color_vampira.jpg

Grail

Feel the funk blast
That's really impressive Vampira, kudos to you and your group for such a coordinated coloring effort!

It's just completely amazing. I love how it looks, especially the moon.

When Rosine is holding Guts up in the air in front of the moon, it just looks so good.

I love it.

Wow, you've invested a lot of time into episode 113. Great work. I love the atmosphere created with colors. Colored version of Ganishka is just stunning ;) So are colored Isma and Farnese. What exactly is used to make this kind of colored versions of manga drawings?

Wow, you've invested a lot of time into episode 113. Great work. I love the atmosphere created with colors. Colored version of Ganishka is just stunning ;) So are colored Isma and Farnese. What exactly is used to make this kind of colored versions of manga drawings?

Thank you! I myself use Clip Studio Paint but any graphics software can be used, like Photoshop or (if you want free good options) Krita and Gimp.

Top Bottom