Video of prehistoric frilled shark

TheSkyTraveller

Monster adventures on the high seas!
Video of an amazing looking "frilled shark", which are very rarely seen because they live so deep in the ocean. I actually think she was kind of cute. The fact that she died left me feeling kinda depressed, though.

Aazealh

Administrator
Staff member
I saw that on the news the other day, amazing animal for sure. Too bad it died though, I didn't know that. I guess that's not surprising considering how deep underwater these usually live.

TheSkyTraveller

Monster adventures on the high seas!
Yeah, I'm guessing the only reason she was closer to the surface was because she was already ailing when they found her.

Ooo I saw that on tv at the gym the other day. I've been meaning to look into it. Sux that it died. Clone it!!!! It looks fuckin mean!

Serpico

Farnese is the bomb diggity
Proj2501 said:
Ooo I saw that on tv at the gym the other day. I've been meaning to look into it. Sux that it died. Clone it!!!! It looks fuckin mean!

There is still more so we dont need to clone them just yet. Personally I think they are more awesome being out of our reach. I like the mystery of wondering what ancient things and giant beast are still alive miles deep in the ocean. Big fish, turtles, etc, have the ability to live hundreds or possibly thousands of years so who knows.

Man, that thing is awesome! I'm curious how many are actually lurking down there, I'd be scared shitless if I ever crossed one's path.

Serpico said:
I like the mystery of wondering what ancient things and giant beast are still alive miles deep in the ocean.

I hate mysteries. Hell, we can take a shuttle to the moon but can't get to the bottom of our own fucking planet. One must wonder, but the question is... why bother?

Vaxillus

The one and only severed head
Those teeth remind me of some sort of apostle. :puck:

Very cool, minus the fact that it died. There's some creepy shit at the bottom of the ocean, like jellyfish the size of small houses.

Top Bottom