Volume 37

I don't think this has been pointed out anywhere yet, but I sat down and went through volume 37, and episode 331 was placed before the Boy Hood Arc(episode 328). I think the volume flows better this way.

Aazealh

Administrator
Staff member
IncantatioN said:
My pre-ordered volume arrived in the mail this morning with the Figma. Was excited to see 2 post cards that it came with, in addition to the inner-poster. I'm including pictures below without embedding them, so as not to spoil anyone anxiously waiting for their volumes.

http://i1230.photobucket.com/albums/ee500/Piraancantation/20130401_110526_zps086d0b3a.jpg

Love those two postcards. Fantastic stuff right there. Can't wait to get mine!

Bender said:
I don't think this has been pointed out anywhere yet, but I sat down and went through volume 37, and episode 331 was placed before the Boy Hood Arc(episode 328). I think the volume flows better this way.

Hmm, I don't know. I liked that it took place between the retrieval of Guts from the Sea God and the scene on the ship. Felt like he was reminiscing as he laid resting. I guess it still works though.

Gobolatula

praise be to grail!
Aazealh said:
Hmm, I don't know. I liked that it took place between the retrieval of Guts from the Sea God and the scene on the ship. Felt like he was reminiscing as he laid resting. I guess it still works though.
Yeah, I prefer the original order. It felt jumbled up looking at it today.

Amazing volume, though. The conclusion of the Sea God fight is breathtaking.

Love the post cards.

Aazealh said:

I think it works either way, but the way it is in the volume feels more natural to me though. It ties up things with the Sea God and then puts a nice bow on top with the three part episode. Things that occur in 331 are similar to what is shown in the flash back, like Guts being warmed by Farnese, elves healing him, and him thinking that he's hallucinating. Maybe I am reading to much into these things, but to me it makes sense that they might have attributed to why Guts was reflecting on this time of his life.

Aazealh

Administrator
Staff member
You definitely have a point, but honestly I'll have to see it for myself before deciding.

Walter

Administrator
Staff member
Volume 37 was the sixth best selling manga on Amazon Japan just 6 days after its release. Not bad. Wish I'd thought to check it when it was more fresh to the stands.

Small update: My volume arrived today. So weird to be seeing the newest episode in the latest volume. That's a first for the series, as long as I've been reading it.

One thing that I found odd... in the staff credits, Akira Shimada, Miura's editor since Volume 7, isn't listed. I hope he's still around. Would be a shame for Miura to lose the guy who has been there longer than any other staff member. Shimada is also the guy who presumably assisted us with getting Miura to answer questions in the interview.

Gobolatula

praise be to grail!
I don't know why, but the Chich drawing in the flap reminds me of Umino Chica's style. She DOES know how to draw really cute & happy looking stuff very well.

jackson_hurley

even the horses are cut in half!
Walter said:
Small update: My volume arrived today. So weird to be seeing the newest episode in the latest volume. That's a first for the series, as long as I've been reading it.

Is 334 all in there or just the couple of preview pages? (out of curiosity)

Aazealh

Administrator
Staff member
jackson_hurley said:
Is 334 all in there or just the couple of preview pages? (out of curiosity)

Only what we saw, obviously. Note that it specifically mentions it's a preview of volume 38.

Walter

Administrator
Staff member
I just know that Shimada's been with Miura for a long time, and likely had a great working relationship with him (everyone else is gone within 5-7 years). Maybe we could write to Miura again and ask about Shimada...? And while we're at it, maybe ask other stuff too... :serpico:

Aazealh

Administrator
Staff member
Lithrael said:
The flowers reminded me of Sweet Alison, which comes in a ton of colors but most usually white as a wildflower so that's what I went with here.
http://www.guenther-blaich.de/pflseite.php?par=Lobularia+maritima

Well, having received my volume 37, I couldn't help but notice that the kanji for Chich's flower was indicated on a interstitial page (side note: those for the flashback segment are white instead of black, a neat touch). And it turns out it's a "Shepherd's purse" (薺), the formal name of which is Capsella bursa-pastoris. I remembered that post from Lith so I figured I'd reply to it, and I couldn't think of a better place to put it in than this thread.

Capsella_bursa-pastoris_by_Enrico_Blasutto.jpg

^Nice :serpico:

I finally got around to unwrap and indulge myself in some delicious Berserk! :guts: By chance "Rime of the ancient Mariner" was playing on my phone in the beginning, except being one giant epic song the lyrics does somewhat portray the same setting...

I really do love this volume! Interesting how the episodes switched places, I´ve considered both but cant really decide on which I prefer, think both ways has their ups and cant really see any downs tbh :serpico: Has this thing happened before though? I remember that I´ve occasionally been confused about the order before but I´ve always blamed my memory.

Rhombaad

Video Game Time Traveler
Hanma_Baki said:
Has this thing happened before though? I remember occasionally that I´ve been confused about the order before but I´ve always blamed my memory.

Yes. The order of episodes 177, 178 and 258 were adjusted when volumes 22 and 29 were released. There may have been others, but those are the three that I know off the top of my head.

Top Bottom