Volume 39 release

Aazealh said:
I really like the poster of the Sovereign of the Flower Storm, I think it's one of the best illustrations in recent memory.

I was surprised by the red eyes. :isidro: They go well with the pink.

Aazealh said:
Lastly, I love the little picture inside even more (it's about this volume's real stars: the mushrooms).

I like the little elf hiding behind them, the effect makes it look very ghostly.

Walter

Administrator
Staff member
On the preview page for Volume 40, no time frame is given for its release. If you'll recall, Volume 39 was teased in 38 with a "coming 2017" page, which was more than we'd ever gotten in the past, in terms of a longterm schedule for Berserk. This time though, much like volumes in the past, it just says "乞う、ご期待!" Roughly translated as: look forward to it!

Slightly disappointing, but it's not as if these ad pages are set in stone.

I can't wait to check out all this awesome material in 2019 when Dark Horse releases volume 39. :schierke:

I might just order the Japanese one now that I'm thinking of that.

jackson_hurley

even the horses are cut in half!
N7Paladin said:
I can't wait to check out all this awesome material in 2019 when Dark Horse releases volume 39. :schierke:

I might just order the Japanese one now that I'm thinking of that.

We'll probably get it next summer. So it's not that bad. Though I get how you feel. I started to get the Japenese version not too long ago also.

Walter

Administrator
Staff member
Took the time to scan the posters. The Sovereign one is truly amazing, like I said before it seems he's made progress since just last year, as evidenced by the more natural integration of various layers, and the more realistic forms he's creating with his tools. Less to say about Guts, this time. Same techniques on display thereT as we saw on the Vol 36 cover.

Griffith

With the streak of a tear, Like morning dew
Cool, the Danan one is indeed gorgeous. It also sends home the point that Rochine's imitation of a "queen of elves," like her "elves," wasn't bad. Good thing not close enough to trigger flashbacks for Guts; the posters combined would equal a tragedy. =)

Just got my Volume 39 today along with the latest Young Animal. Still wish some of the wonky faces and line art from 345-347 had been touched up, the only difference I found so far is that Guts' neck was slimmed a bit.

jCWcbpR.jpg

ieEXVy2.jpg

DANGERDOOOOM

Rest In Peace, Kentaro Miura. We will miss you.
Dark Horse Berserk Volume 39 is available for pre-order now on Amazon.

Scheduled for release on July 24th, 2018.

Walter

Administrator
Staff member
MrFlibble said:
:ganishka: DH changed it to the Flower Storm Monarch/Ruler

Yep, we've known for a few months, because they've also retroactively changed the title in volumes 28 and 36: http://www.skullknight.net/forum/index.php?topic=7043.msg252003#msg252003

Top Bottom