Volume 39's cover slip

Sorry if this has been brought up before, but the creature in vol 39's margin looks really weird, it's the size of an elf, but it has white hair and purple skin, and it doesn't seem to have wings, and the mushroom creatures surrounding it haven't appeared either, I wonder if it will play a role in the future, just like the foreshadowing of the cherry blossom tree in volume 38's cover margin.

Walter

Administrator
Staff member
MrFlibble said:
Sorry if this has been brought up before, but the creature in vol 39's margin looks really weird, it's the size of an elf, but it has white hair and purple skin, and it doesn't seem to have wings,

Sure, but ... there are dozens of different creatures revealed in 39 that haven't been named yet. What do you think makes this one more significant?

and the mushroom creatures surrounding it haven't appeared either

You can see them in a few different episodes in Vol 39, including the opening page of 349.

I wonder if it will play a role in the future, just like the foreshadowing of the cherry blossom tree in volume 38's cover margin.

Nitpicking, but I don't think that was really foreshadowing. The episode in which we see the cherry blossom tree came out the same time as Vol 38. Also, we always knew the Sovereign would be associated with a cherry blossom tree, due to the name.

Aazealh

Administrator
Staff member
MrFlibble said:
Sorry if this has been brought up before, but the creature in vol 39's margin looks really weird, it's the size of an elf, but it has white hair and purple skin, and it doesn't seem to have wings

There are various kinds of elves with different looks and sizes. Puck and Ivalera are a specific variety called Piskies. There are similar-looking elves that don't have wings: we can see some in volume 39, but the first one we have been introduced to was Chich. I don't think the one depicted on volume 39's cover slip will have a special role to play.

Top Bottom