Volume 40 release

Aazealh

そうはいかぬ
Staff member
no name said:
https://www.animenewsnetwork.com/news/2018-10-03/japanese-comic-ranking-september-24-30/.137655


Walter said:
:ubik: They don't say NUMBA WAN FANTASHII KOMIKU for nothing.
HTML:
<iframe width="560" height="315" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/_G8IdrvU3Xw?rel=0&controls=0&showinfo=0" frameborder="0" allow="autoplay; encrypted-media" allowfullscreen></iframe>
 
no name said:
Miura changed the double spread from chapter 354, dog guts got his leg not back.https://i.imgur.com/E3x8Aub.jpg
Ohh Nice! I was really wondering if it really was a mistake, to be honest if he didn't change it, i would still think that it had a deeper meaning or something :ganishka:
 

Walter

Administrator
Staff member
no name said:
Miura changed the double spread from chapter 354, dog guts got his leg not back.https://i.imgur.com/E3x8Aub.jpg
Good eyes. I remember when that happened, I had no idea what to make of it. You can even hear my confusion on the podcast :ganishka: Glad it was a mistake though, and not some inexplicable narrative decision.
 
Miura also edited a page in Episode 352, i didn't even notice that originally it was the wrong leg. (I also included the page he edited in Episode 354.) https://imgur.com/a/osMfVKs
 
Keratos said:
Miura also edited a page in Episode 352, i didn't even notice that originally it was the wrong leg. (I also included the page he edited in Episode 354.) https://imgur.com/a/osMfVKs
I remember noticing that it was the wrong leg when that episode came out. But then forgot and never checked for the correction
 

Pedro-kun

I sacrifice my ''Personal Text'' for eternal life.
Does the volume release use a higher quality ink? It looks so much better than the magazine release.
 

Aazealh

そうはいかぬ
Staff member
Pedro-kun said:
Does the volume release use a higher quality ink? It looks so much better than the magazine release.
The paper is of a much higher quality, couldn't tell you about the ink.
 
Sareth said:
I remember noticing that it was the wrong leg when that episode came out. But then forgot and never checked for the correction
I'm new to reading the episodes as they come out in Young Animal--is that a common thing, edits being made between magazine release and volume release? Or is this an inordinate amount?
 
NCHaskew said:
I'm new to reading the episodes as they come out in Young Animal--is that a common thing, edits being made between magazine release and volume release? Or is this an inordinate amount?
I'm pretty sure that every volume has at least one change. Art touch ups and continuity fixes are pretty common.

Volume 38: Fixed continuity mistake with Griffith's gauntlet https://imgur.com/a/1UOBxJw

Volume 39: Made Guts' neck less thicc https://imgur.com/a/2oWzQ

Rarer changes that have occurred are things like modified dialogue, rearranged episode placement, new pages inserted, a removed page, and one episode removed entirely.
 

Walter

Administrator
Staff member
NCHaskew said:
I'm new to reading the episodes as they come out in Young Animal--is that a common thing, edits being made between magazine release and volume release? Or is this an inordinate amount?
Not uncommon, but also not in every volume. I can only think of a handful of significant changes that were made. Most of them are artwork corrections for inconsistencies, like you've already seen. However, one change was big enough to start a whole theory (Moonlight Boy, see Volume 28 below).

Here are the ones I could remember off the top of my head:

Volume 5: http://www.skullknight.net/forum/index.php?topic=14516.msg232805#msg232805
Volume 13: Ep 83 removed, you probably already know all about that at this point though.
Volume 21: http://www.skullknight.net/forum/index.php?topic=14060.0
Volume 28: http://www.skullknight.net/forum/index.php?topic=4321.msg118658#msg118658
 
Thanks for posting those!

I find these things genuinely interesting.

It's also nice to be reminded he's human now and then and can make mistakes instead of being some unseen Manga god named Miura that pops amazing content into existence every now and then in a conveniently sequential manner.

Could be just me though.
 
Top Bottom