Vortex of the Skull Knight

Griffith

With the streak of a tear, Like morning dew
I have a question though...SK may be able to survive with the fog by traveling through dimensions or what not, but why, if he is a hindrance, wouldn't Void or someone else have stopped him already?  He does show himself at the most opportune moments, but someone could slow him down so he couldn't return with the fog...
Yeah, but like I mentioned, the fog appears around a bunch of things besides Skull Knight.

-Griffith

P.S. Gatts must be his Elvin name. ;)

...hey, guys, Gatts is Guts name here in Italy...

So what?
I believe Griffith was named "Grifis" in the Italian version, and that spelling is so stupid I can't believe a professionnal translator could come up with it...

(besides, I thought it was spelled "Gatsu", actually, in Italy?)

Wereallmad

I love YaBB 1 Gold!
...hey, guys, Gatts is Guts name here in Italy...

;)

I suppose that makes it perfectly okay. As we all know, the world revolves around Italy.

So what?
I believe Griffith was named "Grifis" in the Italian version, and that spelling is so stupid I can't believe a professionnal translator could come up with it...

(besides, I thought it was spelled "Gatsu", actually, in Italy?)

Zing!!

P

paradiselost

...instead, I like the spelling "Grifis", it's a good spelling in my opinion...

:)

...and for Gats, well, here is Gatsu, but someones say Gatts, and others say Gutts, or Gatts...
...it depends...

...however, why you Wereallmad says that all the world turn around Italy???

???

Wereallmad

I love YaBB 1 Gold!
...instead, I like the spelling "Grifis", it's a good spelling in my opinion...

I like spelling "incarwrecked", it's a good spelling in my opinion...

>:|

...and for Gats, well, here is Gatsu, but someones say Gatts, and others say Gutts, or Gatts...
...it depends...

Yes, Gats, Gatsu, Gatts, and Gutts are all fine ways to spell his name.................. the wrong way.....

...however, why you Wereallmad says that all the world turn around Italy???

???

"Since we are not familiar with sarcasm, I will close the register"

(yeah, I know I butchered that quote)

P

paradiselost

...well, I'm really familiar with sarcasm...however, why don't we speak abput the topic of this BBS? Otherwise, Cronus and Walter 'll put me out of the board...
...but of course, this is only for me, 'cause you can continue to talk about other stuffes in this topic, ok?

Walter

Administrator
Staff member
...well, I'm really familiar with sarcasm...however, why don't we speak abput the topic of this BBS? Otherwise, Cronus and Walter 'll put me out of the board...
...but of course, this is only for me, 'cause you can continue to talk about other stuffes in this topic, ok?
I only take action like I did before when what is said starts to get really excessive (like its starting to feel around here...), or when there is 3-4 pages full of offtopic rambling, which is what eventually happened to the original Chapter 187 post. Another reason Im not going to "manipulate" this post is because it seems like debate is all but over on this subject, and thats fine. But if its something like 187, a post that we will eventually ressurrect whenever the chapter comes out...Thats something Id rather not fill up with inane topics...

Do you understand Paradise?

Griffith

With the streak of a tear, Like morning dew
Don't you guys get sick of discussing how to properly spell different characters' names all the time? ^_^;
You wouldn’t think there would be any discussion would you; his name is Guts. But, here we are. ;)
Another reason Im not going to "manipulate" this post is because it seems like debate is all but over on this subject, and thats fine.
Nothing really feels resolved to me.
There is definably something to it, but that something might just be effect.  There really isn’t anything that suggests that it is integral to Skully’s existence or his power.  I don’t even think it’s ALWAYS with him, if I remember correctly (don’t have my manga at the moment) Skull Knight just appeared in the field where Guts was attacked by ghouls at the end of volume 13 ,but that’s the ONLY example I can remember offhand. Another thing, Zodd also appears with fog in volume 20 when confronts Skully. Not to mention the “fog” that emanates from Zodd when he transforms (same with Wild and other a few other Apostles) and don’t forget that that same fog was everywhere during the Eclipse ceremony (outside).  So I think the fog, if anything besides a cool effect, is some kind of aura or discharge of incredible power.  I think it has meaning, but it isn’t anything exclusive to Skull Knight.
Nobody even bothered to challenge or support this statement, and then everything was lost in a wave of petty off-topic arguments and whine-fests.

-Griffith

P

paradiselost

...ok, ok, so...

...how can you explain the fog in particular, Griffith? You say that the fog is not only for the SK...which are the others the fog is for??

???

Fishbomb

Fear the slightly white swordsman!
I for one think that the mist is an integral part of Skull Knight... some aspect of his 'powers' I have no idea exactly what it does though... Teleporting/appearing sounds plausible... and as for aspects of power, just remember Void's 'void' when Skull Knight tries to bash his head in.

And... Gatts will always be Gatts for me... ;) I'm a stubborn gal.

White_Hawk

The Only True Free Spirit / Dark Horse Rider
It's Gatts or Guts, but it's spelled Gatsu, as we hear EVERYBODY CALLING HIM IN THE ANIME, as they all seem to call Griffith G(u)RIFFIS(u). So, as long as you write Guts or Gatts but say Gatsu, it's okay.
Otherwise,
I kill you... :D

P

paradiselost

...ok White_Hawk, so:

to write: Gatts or Gutts
to spell: GATSU (like we use here in Italy, I see...)

to write: Girifisu
to spell: Griffith

;)

...well, Fishbomb...for sure, the fog has to be a part of the power of SK, like a particular ambient where he can appear or stay in...uhmmm...

???

Skull Knights fog I believe is a portal that allows him to move from place to place.

Guts is the official spelling of his name Gatsu is just how the japanese pronounce it.
Griffith is also the official spelling you can see it in the screen saver from the Young Animal website.

It's Gatts or Guts, but it's spelled Gatsu, as we hear EVERYBODY CALLING HIM IN THE ANIME,

No, it's supposed to be spelled 'Guts' and it's said (and written) 'gattsu' in Japanese.

as they all seem to call Griffith G(u)RIFFIS(u).

'Griffith' is said (and written) 'gurifisu'.

I mean, it's simple:
'Berserk' becomes 'beruseruku' in Japanese,
'Guts' becomes 'gattsu' in Japanese,
'Griffith' becomes 'gurifisu' in Japanese,
'Casca' becomes 'kyasuka' in Japanese,
'Puck' becomes 'pakku' in Japanese.

Calling Guts 'Gattsu' is just as ludicrous as calling Berserk 'Beruseruku'.

P

paradiselost

...the point is that the original names seem to me much more reals than the "false" names...

:p

...the point is that the original names seem to me much more reals than the "false" names...

So now, you're basically saying that "Beruseruku" is the "original title" and "Berserk" a "false one"?

You really don't get it, do you? -__-

P

paradiselost

...no, dear, I don't say that...

...ShiX !!! It seems you are not able to well understand what I mean, Olivier...

...I only say that I like more the name "Beruseruku", that in my opinion is the right way to say the title...

;)

...ShiX  !!! It seems you are not able to well understand what I mean, Olivier...

I wonder why.

...I only say that I like more the name "Beruseruku", that in my opinion is the right way to say the title...

That's basically what I was saying. -__-

"Beruseruku" is only the way Japanese people have to pronounce the word "Berserk" because they can't pronounce it otherwise in their language.
But when they have to write the title in alphabet, they write "Berserk", not "Beruseruku", because that wouldn't make any sense.

P

paradiselost

...sorry Oliver, why don't you then stop to send me notices about the fact that in your opinion I don't understand what you say? I never wrote you that in my opinion you are the one who don't understand what I say...'cause for your English!
However, I stop myself, I promised to Cronus...try to do the same you too, ok?

8)

...sorry Oliver, why don't you then stop to send me notices about the fact that in your opinion I don't understand what you say?

Because I think you don't get it.

I never wrote you that in my opinion you are the one who don't understand what I say...

Sure:
...ShiX  !!! It seems you are not able to well understand what I mean, Olivier...

I guess I misunderstood that sentence as well. I'm not used to read "perfect English", you see?

'cause for your English!

Yeah, sure. 'Can't be you, 'must be the others. -_-

Top Bottom