Weightlifter's nightmare

Walter

Administrator
Staff member
http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-1044258/Pictured-The-horrific-moment-Olympic-weightlifter-turns-elbow-front.html
http://www.liveleak.com/view?i=33a_1218642189&p=1

This is the moment Hungarian weightlifter Janos Baranyai's first Olympics ended in agony when he dislocated his right elbow in the ugliest moment yet of the Olympic weightlifting competition.

Baranyai was trying to snatch 148kg in his third lift in the men's 77kg division, when his elbow popped out of its socket.

George Costanza: "THAAAT'S GOTTA HURT!"

SaiyajinNoOuji

I'm still better than you
Yea saw that from some of the other websites (Digg.com) and that looks like it sucked something mighty fierce right there. :judo:

KazigluBey

Misanthrōpos
I've seen plenty of lifting videos, and there are certainly some nasty accidents. Imagine dropping 500+ lbs on your chest when you failed a max effort bench press in a competition. Or having a leg go out on you when trying to squat 900lbs.

SimplyEd

エンシェント カタストロフィ
I remember watching a documentary on sports accidents and in one of those events a lifter let the weights fall on his head..turned him right back to infant state, mentally.

I'll try tracking it down somewhere.

Guts intestines

Yer breath is bad... It'll go away with yer head
Reminds me of this arm wrestling match I once saw in which I believe one guy was losing when his forearm went one way and his elbow went the other and ended up being popped out of socket.

Griffith

With the streak of a tear, Like morning dew
http://www.hulu.com/watch/4090/saturday-night-live-weekend-update-all-drug-olympics

Okin

The Ultimate Battle Creature
Anyone ever see that picture on rotten.com of the dude squatting with like 300 lb. on his shoulders, and he disembowels his intestines out his backdoor? That's what I think of when I hear "Weightlifer's nightmare". Now I'm afraid of hemorrhoids.

Aazealh

Administrator
Staff member
Okin said:
Anyone ever see that picture on rotten.com of the dude squatting with like 300 lb. on his shoulders, and he disembowels his intestines out his backdoor? That's what I think of when I hear "Weightlifer's nightmare". Now I'm afraid of hemorrhoids.

I'm pretty sure most people saw it 10 years ago when it was hot news on the Internet.

Walter

Administrator
Staff member
Aazealh said:
I'm pretty sure most people saw it 10 years ago when it was hot news on the Internet.
10 years ago, many people on our forum members were eating Gerber with a spoon for three meals :ganishka:

A

avidwriter

Walter said:
10 years ago, many people on our forum members were eating Gerber with a spoon for three meals :ganishka:

You think so? Maybe. I'd just guess that more of the younger kids would be "narutards" heh. Ten years ago I was....I guess yea that would be HS.

SaiyajinNoOuji

I'm still better than you
Okin said:
I was in high school during that time. I remember seeing that picture... although 300 pounds isnt that much for squat especially if they are weight lifters... anyways, once again that must have been one hell of a shitty way to start off your first time in the Olympics for that Bulgarian weight lifter.

KazigluBey said:
I've seen plenty of lifting videos, and there are certainly some nasty accidents. Imagine dropping 500+ lbs on your chest when you failed a max effort bench press in a competition. Or having a leg go out on you when trying to squat 900lbs.

If you bench or squat in a power rack and have the bars set properly for your height and everything you can bench or squat without fear of dropping weights on your self.

Guts intestines

Yer breath is bad... It'll go away with yer head
Vampire_Hunter_Bob said:
10 years ago I was 12! :carcus:
And I was 8, and it was lunchables not Gerber :ganishka:.

SaiyajinNoOuji-Trading Cards said:
I was in high school during that time. I remember seeing that picture... although 300 pounds isnt that much for squat especially if they are weight lifters... anyways, once again that must have been one hell of a shitty way to start off your first time in the Olympics for that Bulgarian weight lifter.

Huh, nice pun. I agree three hundred is not enough weight to shit your pants, especially if you're an Olympic bodybuilder.

Top Bottom