What are you listening to? (general music thread)

"Inlet", the latest album of Hum released last year is wonderful, especially that track:

Bought it on vinyl at its release, it's one of my favourite records now.

Last edited:
Someone mentioned listening to sign II in chat last night. That song, as well as all berserk music (especially by hirasawa), feels a bit different, even more personal in a way now. It's kinda weird to think about, but when I listen to the '97 OST or the game music it is simply hitting different.

For me the classic "Tell Me Why" op, "Waiting So Long", and of course the legendary Guts theme are really intense, more so than usual.

Last edited:

I remember the first time I heard this wonderful track while watching the anime, I immediately fell in love with it. It's perfection.
Back then I ordered the anime soundtrack on CD.
I would put this track on repeat, put myself on my bed and watched the stars by my open windows until I fell asleep during summer's evenings...

Last edited:
Anathema - The Storm Before the Calm, 9-inch nails - a warm place, les friction - Louder than words, Penpals - Tell me why, Silver Fins - Waiting so long. Those are very inspiring, tragic in a way, especially the two last ones... Aside from that I am a great fan of 'Two steps from hell' and Thomas Bergersen's masterpieces almost always support me in routine. They remind me of the ones by classical composers, as they are not just a combination of sounds, but they are similar to a book by a talanted author.

Anathema - The Storm Before the Calm, 9-inch nails - a warm place, les friction - Louder than words, Penpals - Tell me why, Silver Fins - Waiting so long. Those are very inspiring, tragic in a way, especially the two last ones... Aside from that I am a great fan of 'Two steps from hell' and Thomas Bergersen's masterpieces almost always support me in routine. They remind me of the ones by classical composers, as they are not just a combination of sounds, but they are similar to a book by a talanted author.
The links video have been taken down. Here's another. That song is amazing. The Storm Before the Calm

a warm place is such a beautiful song

chrome country - opn, a must listen

Waiting So Long in my opinion was always so fitting with the tone of Berserk, I love that song. The short version of the anime ending is very effective with the portraits of the characters, I saw the video a couple of hours ago and it was as difficult as I thought. It always made me emotional, and from now on those feelings are certainly amplified. Given the circumstances, it will be the most fitting song about Berserk from now on, at least in my mind.

Rhombaad

Video Game Time Traveler
Listen to some Forces the other day. It lifted my spirits a bit. That's another thing Berserk introduced me to: the music of Susumu Hirasawa. I will be forever grateful to Miura for that, as well.

I happened to have bought an album just a few minutes before I found out about Miura's death, and I was listening to it when I heard about it. So it's been stuck in my head and in my rotation ever since.

The style and instruments remind me of some songs by amazing 'god is an astronaut'. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yhXHH2sZlQU Another one I'm listening to is

THE AWAKENING OF MY SOUL​

Like many others I've been listening to the Berserk OSTs and Susumu Hirasawa's music a lot the last few days (Niwashi King has always been a favourite). Hirasawa truly understood Berserk and how the story should feel. Its rare to find music that so perfectly captures the emotions of the source material. But I've also been listening to Falls of Rauros, specifically New Inertia. I think because I was listening to this when I read the news so I've found myself coming back to it over and over.
Ne Obliviscaris - Forget Not I love this band, very melodic and brutal. Listen to it and you'll understand.
It heals my soul.
I'm also a big fan of NeO. Their songs can be quite soothing. Eyrie is their most beautiful I think

Recently:
-Heilung
-The Cranberries Discography
-Mars Volta
-Metallica S&M2
-Rob Zombie
-FF7Remake Soundtrack

Podcast:
-83 Weeks with Eric Bischoff
-Play. Watch. Listen
-Last Podcast on the

Even though this is from the Guin Saga anime it kinda always remind me of Guts and his journey. I really like the song, I've also been listening to AI the song she did for the berserk movie and some susumu hirasawa songs

Even though this is from the Guin Saga anime it kinda always remind me of Guts and his journey. I really like the song, I've also been listening to AI the song she did for the berserk movie and some susumu hirasawa songs

This song always reminded me of an Enya song (in a good way) for some reason.

I just started getting into the Souls Series, (quite a bit late, I know). But Bloodbornes ost slaps and I've listened to nothing but lol

Top Bottom