What Are You Playing?

XionHorsey said:
Back to Terraria. I swear this game is more addictive than Dark Souls.

That's why I never touched it. :void:

I've been playing Cave Story, which I bought on this Steam sale. I'd only ever played the old free version years ago, and had been meaning to replay it. I love it!

Feeblecursedone

"This hammer has broken Daemons on my anvil, Elf.
Playing Total War: Warhammer currently with Dwarfs. I like dwarfs ( yes games workshop insists they're dwarfs and not dwarves )a lot but I like Chaos Dwarfs even more, though I'll have to wait for the DLC pack on that one.

Also supposed to check that free Neverwinter MMO that drops on 19th June on ps4, we'll see. Future plans include Dark Souls 3 DLC, Fallout 4 Nuka World, Dishonoured 2, Inquisitor: Martyr, Dawn of War 3 and Pokemon Sun.

Eluvei said:
That's why I never touched it. :void:

I've been playing Cave Story, which I bought on this Steam sale. I'd only ever played the old free version years ago, and had been meaning to replay it. I love it!
Yeah now I'm getting in the mood to play it :p. I love cave story it's a masterpiece great story! I believe if that game came out back in the snes days it would be the next mario of today to say the least. Just my opinion :) that's how high in regard I hold it.

Currently playing a bit of CIV 5 had it on steam but never touched it for some reason. It definitely feels new compared from the civ I remember. Even though it's apparently quite old already. Time goes by fast and technology is either advancing too fast or maybe its the rock I'm hiding under. Just found out my PC is 6 years old and outdated, payed $1500 to build it at the time and was astonished seeing what gaming rigs of today are capable of. Not to mention for less than that price.

Griffith

With the streak of a tear, Like morning dew
Dark Souls (NG+), Dark Souls II: SotFS and as soon as I wrap it up I'm starting Dark Souls III.

Oburi

All praise Grail
Griffith said:
Dark Souls (NG+), Dark Souls II: SotFS and as soon as I wrap it up I'm starting Dark Souls III.

I did that, and I'm just about finishing up DS3 now. I found that coming off the DLC areas in DS2, which rev up the difficulty in that game, and then going into DS3 actually sort of hindered me from finding the first 2/3rds of the game challenging. It felt way too easy. Luckily it does start getting far more challenging towards the end.

Just got finished playing Zero Time Dilemma (https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=E8z9yogpeUA), been sticking with these series of games since 999 (2010) and I was ecstatic to play the thrilling conclusion of the series. It's a good game no doubt about it, but it's a real shame that this does not hold a candle to the prior two games in the series. Disappointed :judo:

Feeblecursedone

Oburi said:
I did that, and I'm just about finishing up DS3 now. I found that coming off the DLC areas in DS2, which rev up the difficulty in that game, and then going into DS3 actually sort of hindered me from finding the first 2/3rds of the game challenging. It felt way too easy. Luckily it does start getting far more challenging towards the end.

Honestly I felt quite dissapointed with Dark Souls 3 in terms of challenge. The standard enemies were alright but the bossess were far too easy save maybe Pontiff and Nameless King.

I hope the DLC's up the difficulty in same way they did for Dark Souls 2.

Griffith

Well, I quickly jumped ship on DS2 for 3 once my birthday came around and it with it, and so far haven't gone back (gorgeous btw, and feels a lot more like DS1 both in gameplay and art/lore). I've only reached the Undead Settlement but so far I've found it satisfactory in terms of difficulty (but then I haven't played the DS2 dlc yet). Though, I'm finding my trusty Claymore (+1 and enhanced with fire from my starting gift =) seems a bit slow for the action this time around, and the timing is much less forgiving in terms of hitting them before they hit you and cancel out your attack altogether (maybe I need to go with a speedier straight sword this time around). As cursedone said I've had more trouble with the tougher regular enemies than bosses so far. It does feel like there's more room for error with the relatively unaggressive groups, but the more specialized enemies the Knights are a bigger pain in the ass than ever. Oh yeah, and souls yielded and leveling is way more stingy than even DS1, let alone the level-fest that was 2, but while still separating endurance and equip load (and armor doesn't seem too impactful thus far, but I started as a Knight so maybe my starting gear is already good enough). Anyway, I'm erroring on the side of caution with my points and when in doubt pumping them into life.

Feeblecursedone

Straight swords are generally better than greatswords because they're faster, lighter, have versatile moveset and what not, but you can still finish the game with any weapon, that was always dark souls policy.

As for armour, you can't upgrade it like you could in ds1 or ds2, so what you wear can be quite important if you're not good at dodging. And knight armour is pretty good for the entire game. I prefer lighter armour.

Oburi

All praise Grail
Griffith said:
Well, I quickly jumped ship on DS2 for 3 once my birthday came around and it with it, and so far haven't gone back (gorgeous btw, and feels a lot more like DS1 both in gameplay and art/lore). I've only reached the Undead Settlement but so far I've found it satisfactory in terms of difficulty (but then I haven't played the DS2 dlc yet). Though, I'm finding my trusty Claymore (+1 and enhanced with fire from my starting gift =) seems a bit slow for the action this time around, and the timing is much less forgiving in terms of hitting them before they hit you and cancel out your attack altogether (maybe I need to go with a speedier straight sword this time around). As cursedone said I've had more trouble with the tougher regular enemies than bosses so far. It does feel like there's more room for error with the relatively unaggressive groups, but the more specialized enemies the Knights are a bigger pain in the ass than ever. Oh yeah, and souls yielded and leveling is way more stingy than even DS1, let alone the level-fest that was 2, but while still separating endurance and equip load (and armor doesn't seem too impactful thus far, but I started as a Knight so maybe my starting gear is already good enough). Anyway, I'm erroring on the side of caution with my points and when in doubt pumping them into life.

I started as the Knight as well and I found that the starting armor is really good, I wore it for a third of the way through basically. As for leveling, I wouldn't dump too much into life. You're definitely going to need to get your equipment load really high as you progress. It kills me to look at how many points I put into that (almost at 40!), meanwhile, my vitality is around 15. I also didn't find leveling to be a problem though, I mean, by the end of the game I was at 90, and I didn't really grind all that much. I would say less than 10 levels in my first playthrough were obtained specifically from farming souls to get a stat up.

btw, do go back and play the DLC for DS2. It's really fun. Best part of that game for sure. I suppose it's meant to be played with another player (at least some parts are) but I'm proud to say that I beat all three dlc areas on my own, since I was on my xbox and didn't want to pay for live (except for the Frigid Wasteland, I did summon NPCs for that part because fuck that place and that boss)

I'm playing Pokemon Go. I'm loving it. It's my childhood dream come to life, catching pokemon in meatspace as if the games were real. And the best part is it's generation I pokemon, the pokemon I know and love.

A little while ago I walked a mile in flip flops and broke a city park rule, but in return I caught two Eevees, two Rattatas, and a Weepinbell that was hiding in the bushes in front of my house when I made it home. Gotta Catch 'Em All!

I finally got Witcher 3 the other day and I have the next week off of work so I'm hammering way at it. I've been a fan of the series for a while and also read the books, it's a wonder it took me this long to get this game. It's amazing so far though and it really scratches that dark fantasy itch left behind by Berserk and GoT.

Feeblecursedone

I like witcher for its implemention of slavic folklore & legends as well as the music. Not many games can you see that in. And of course, Geralt is badass.

Griffith

Feeblecursedone said:
Straight swords are generally better than greatswords because they're faster, lighter, have versatile moveset and what not, but you can still finish the game with any weapon, that was always dark souls policy.

Yeah, I finished DS1 with the Claymore and really got confident with it, but in 2 I'm using the Great Club (every enemy is armored hurr hurr), and so far I'm sticking with it for 3.

As for armour, you can't upgrade it like you could in ds1 or ds2, so what you wear can be quite important if you're not good at dodging. And knight armour is pretty good for the entire game. I prefer lighter armour.

I've only put like 1 point in vit, so I'm basically downgrading my armor at every turn in order to keep medium rolling until I get Havel's ring. I don't know how sustainable a plan this is, but probably not much. My first character ever was a ds2 dual wielding swordsman in wanderer garb though, so dodging isn't a problem. Too bad I can't just upgrade the shit out of the lightest arnor with high resistances though. The leather armor almost got me all the way through ds1.

Oburi said:
I started as the Knight as well and I found that the starting armor is really good, I wore it for a third of the way through basically. As for leveling, I wouldn't dump too much into life. You're definitely going to need to get your equipment load really high as you progress. It kills me to look at how many points I put into that (almost at 40!), meanwhile, my vitality is around 15.

Yikes, I'm afraid I'm following you down that path, though I'm not nearly so invested in life yet (about 22 points, and my estus recovery sucks anyway).

I also didn't find leveling to be a problem though, I mean, by the end of the game I was at 90, and I didn't really grind all that much. I would say less than 10 levels in my first playthrough were obtained specifically from farming souls to get a stat up.

Yeah, I find the best way to "farm" souls is just to progress in the game anyway. Wanna lot if souls quick? Kill bosses! Then cash in asap when you have enough to level. I can't stand grinding in these games anyway.
btw, do go back and play the DLC for DS2. It's really fun. Best part of that game for sure. I suppose it's meant to be played with another player (at least some parts are) but I'm proud to say that I beat all three dlc areas on my own, since I was on my xbox and didn't want to pay for live (except for the Frigid Wasteland, I did summon NPCs for that part because fuck that place and that boss)

Come to think of it, I haven't played ANY Dark Souls dlc because I missed the npc in ds1. So, now I have to start a new character just for that or play it for the first time on ng+ (probably not a great idea).

volatilecurry said:
I finally got Witcher 3 the other day and I have the next week off of work so I'm hammering way at it. I've been a fan of the series for a while and also read the books, it's a wonder it took me this long to get this game. It's amazing so far though and it really scratches that dark fantasy itch left behind by Berserk and GoT.

You know for all the fun that was being had with the base edition of Witcher 3 Wild Hunt the Expansions took the game to a whole other level.

Johnstantine

Skibbidy Boo Bop
VengeanceQuest982 said:
You know for all the fun that was being had with the base edition of Witcher 3 Wild Hunt the Expansions took the game to a whole other level.

I've had Witcher 3 since the XBL holiday sale. I started it up and got about 30 minutes into it, but never played after that. I've heard the DLC is just as good, if not better, than the core game. I really should get around to playing it all the way through.

As for right now, I'm replaying Red Dead Redemption since it's backwards compatible on XB1. Forgot how amazing this game is.

I've been playing King of Dragon Pass on mobile before I fall asleep. It's really good, but overwhelming. When I start it up I'm almost passing out though, so maybe I'm having a distorted experience. :void:

Walter

Administrator
Staff member
Eluvei said:
I've been playing King of Dragon Pass on mobile before I fall asleep. It's really good, but overwhelming. When I start it up I'm almost passing out though, so maybe I'm having a distorted experience. :void:

I've heard such amazing things about that game, but it looks like something that would be so absorbing and time consuming, that I can't imagine a mobile platform is the best for it. When I play a game on my phone (which is increasingly rare these days), I prefer short things that I can pick up and drop without much consequence.

Lately I grabbed my PSPGo (it's the best emulating handheld machine out there today for me) and gave a chance to Final Fantasy IX. All I have to say is... The damn thing is truly a masterpiece. I've been in love with FF VII for all my life since childhood, and it was time to move on, I said to myself.
I don't regret it. I'm gonna try VIII after this one.

Walter said:
I've heard such amazing things about that game, but it looks like something that would be so absorbing and time consuming, that I can't imagine a mobile platform is the best for it.

Yeah, pretty much. I purchased it when the updated version was still a mobile exclusive, but I intend to get it on Steam and play it for real one of these days. I really recommend giving it a shot, it's addictive even on a phone.

Last week I've played at battlefield 1 "alpha version" on ps4 huge ambience it's really amazing but hard to play with old weapons (sights) :magni:
Actually I play with Overwatch a funny game for me one of the best fps this year but no so easy to control coz the heroes have all their own skills very interesting and addictive :carcus: my favorite is the widomaker (sniper)dark and sexy love her :slan: I finished uncharted4 last week end a nice ending for a huge game collections :ubik:
Waiting skyrim remastered for this autumn :guts:

Griffith

DS3 update: beaten all but the final boss, SL 100 something (I don't even keep track), max Astora Straight Sword + Flame Arc ready, Hidden Body, Dragoncrest rings, 40 endurance and mucho stamina = invincible under the sun. Invade me, bro.

Also playing DooM with the in-laws on weekends. Fun for the whole family!

Top Bottom