What Are You Playing?

Griffith

With the streak of a tear, Like morning dew
Walter said:
masseffect.jpg

I'm currently working on my second playthrough of Mass Effect, which needs no introduction.

What coincidence, I just started playing M...

MASSivefuckyou.jpg

...ASS! God damn it.

CowTip said:
Believe it or not, it's still one of the most popular MMO's on the market. Around 500k-750k players.

Hmm interesting I had quit that game when gill selling for real money was at its highest rate. I guess some of the new single player areas helped a bit.

yesmilord

千年王国
hon_logo.png

Currently in the beta for HoN. If anyone has ever played DotA (an extremely popular Warcraft III custom game), the creators of that have decided to pool resources and create a brand new game. It's a lot of the same stuff (almost a carbon copy, actually), but with enhanced graphics and renamed heroes/items. I see this becoming a fairly popular game in the near future ... look out for it!

Walter

Administrator
Staff member
Even if I'm really busy, I find time to play Defense Grid for at least an hour every day. I'd recommend it to any fan of the tower defense genre, because it's really the best and most polished of its kind. It's also a great pick-up-and-play title.

I'm on my third play through, trying to get all the achievements :mozgus:

http://store.steampowered.com/app/18500/

SaiyajinNoOuji

I'm still better than you
Wasn't feeling good last night so I went to bed early... woke up at around 2:30 am and continued playing Disgaea. :carcus:

Wife is playing Dragon Quest 9 which she loves. There are two other mothers in our condo that have it so they discuss strategies and what not over lunch. :ganishka:

Dar_Klink

Last Guardian when? - CyberKlink 20XX before dying
SaiyajinNoOuji said:
Wasn't feeling good last night so I went to bed early... woke up at around 2:30 am and continued playing Disgaea. :carcus:

Wife is playing Dragon Quest 9 which she loves. There are two other mothers in our condo that have it so they discuss strategies and what not over lunch. :ganishka:
Oh man, I thought DQ 9 was out and freaked out, then I remembered you lived in Japan. :judo:

Rhombaad

Video Game Time Traveler
I'm replaying Final Fantasy X (and will be playing X-2 and XII afterwards) in preparation for Final Fantasy XIII. Tidus' voice is even more annoying than I remembered. :mozgus:

Rhombaad said:
I'm replaying Final Fantasy X (and will be playing X-2 and XII afterwards) in preparation for Final Fantasy XIII. Tidus' voice is even more annoying than I remembered. :mozgus:

Well at least you have Lulu there to make up for Tidus and his whining. :carcus:

Walter

Administrator
Staff member
Rhombaad said:
His voice actor pretty much ruined that entire game for me. I couldn't get past it. Hyyyaaalll RIIIGHT YUNA! Let's DO IT! YahoooooooooOOOO!

Rhombaad

Video Game Time Traveler
slan69 said:
Well at least you have Lulu there to make up for Tidus and his whining. :carcus:

Haha, true!

Walter said:
His voice actor pretty much ruined that entire game for me. I couldn't get past it. Hyyyaaalll RIIIGHT YUNA! Let's DO IT! YahoooooooooOOOO!

Yeah, it's tough when you dislike the character you're playing. At times he didn't sound all that bad, but when he started getting all high pitched and whiny, it was pretty ridiculous. Everyone else I thought did a great job, and there were several voices that I really enjoyed (Maechan anyone?), but James Arnold Taylor almost ruined that game for me.

Currently switching between Crimson Gem Saga, Devil Summoner 2 : Raidou Kuzunoha VS King Abadon, Mass Effect, Bionic Commando and Call of Juarez : Bound in Blood.

Dar_Klink

Rhombaad said:
HA HA HA HA HA HA HA

Dar_Klink

Rhombaad said:
Shaddup. :guts:

I assume you're referring to that terrible scene where Tidus and Yuna are laughing like a couple of ree-ree's.
Of course. I'd say that was the most embarrassing scene for someone unfamiliar with the game to walk in on.

Darklink286 said:
Of course. I'd say that was the most embarrassing scene for someone unfamiliar with the game to walk in on.

You think that was bad try hearing the Japanese people do that scene where Tidus and Yuna laugh.

Dar_Klink

slan69 said:
You think that was bad try hearing the Japanese people do that scene where Tidus and Yuna laugh.
CAW CAW CAW CAW CAW I have heard it. :slan:

Rhombaad said:
Oh man, the Japanese version is actually worse?! :ganishka:

Yup pretty much. I only like watching anime's in Japanese. I hate to play games with Japanese dialog. Berserk was the only exception because the voices were spot on.

After several years I finally hunted down a copy of Project Zero 2: Crimson Butterfly (I believe the series is refered to as Fatal Frame in some countries). Going to play it tonight.

X

Xem

WoW mostly, though I'm craving Tatsunoko vs. Capcom: Ultimate All Stars!

I haven't been craving a fighter this bad since SNK vs Capcom for the NeoGeo Pocket.

Oburi

All praise Grail
Ok so I got Call of Juarez -Bound for Blood. Its not as impressive as I thought it would be, but still lots of fun. Graphics are top notch and the free roam side quests are a nice touch to an otherwise very straitforward fps. The Duels are awsome too. You feel like your really a gunslinger back in civil war torn west. Which reminds me, the similarities to old Italian westerns like the good, the bad and the ugly are endless. Only the dialog and voice acting seems out of place.

Me an my Friend also started Watchmen- the end is nigh part 2. I forgot how much fun this game is.

And I also borrowed Kain & Lynch dead men. Haven't started it yet but I'll give it a shot. Looks kinda lame though.

Top Bottom