What Are You Playing?

Oburi

All praise Grail
Love the old Need for speed games. I played some of the newer ones like Undercover, which was still a lot of fun but I havent played the latest one yet. THey need to make a new Underground, those were my favorite.

handsome rakshas

Thanks Grail!
Aazealh said:
I hope it's released on the Wii's Virtual Console next month so I can bullshit you about it till the end of days. :void: Also so I can play it. :judo:

I can't wait! I could talk about this game for hours!

Anyway, it's 100% complete and I feel real bad it's over. Dracula is way too easy and that's kind of a let down, maybe it's because I could beat him at the beginning of Symphony without getting hit and blindfolded. I'm sad, I need a new CV game, I think I'm going to another one I never finished. Super Castlevania IV!

handsome rakshas said:
I think I'm going to another one I never finished. Super Castlevania IV!

Well it just so happens that I am starting that one as well. I actually finished Castlevania for the NES about a couple days ago. It wasn't as hard as I thought because all you need is some good old Holy Water. Although it's a bitch to have to get the Holy Water in the beginning of the stage and make it to the boss without dying. I have done it but it definitely takes some time to get use to getting through that stage without falling in the gaps of the floor, getting killed by enemies, or even worse, picking up another weapon by accident when your just about to get to the boss. :sad:

Oburi

All praise Grail
I'm wondering if any of you guys (and girls) will be playing the new Tekken? Tekken 6 I believe. Looks amazing but I already have Soul Calibur 4 and my friends and I still play that so should I really go out and drop $60 on another fighting game?

handsome rakshas

Thanks Grail!
slan69 said:
Well it just so happens that I am starting that one as well. I actually finished Castlevania for the NES about a couple days ago, it wasn't as hard as I thought because all you need is some good old Holy Water, although it's a bitch to have to get the Holy Water in the beginning of the stage and make it to the boss without dying. I have done it but it definitely takes some time to get use to getting through that stage without falling in the gaps of the floor, getting killed by enemies, or even worse picking up another weapon by accident when your just about to get the the boss. :mozgus:

Very cool, the bad news is I found a game at a used cd store today that I haven't played since I was a kid.
Actraiser! Super Castlevania IV may be on the backburner for now. Maybe I'll just go through them both. I am REALLY into SNES right now.

Th3Branded0ne

I'll be back.
Just finished God of War today. I liked it. Now going through Assasin's Creed just in before the sequel and see if the sequel is better than this one becase eventhough the gameplay and the graphics are a nice thing. The gameplay get repetitive and annoying at parts.

Oburi

All praise Grail
Th3Branded0ne said:
Just finished God of War today. I liked it. Now going through Assasin's Creed just in before the sequel and see if the sequel is better than this one becase eventhough the gameplay and the graphics are a nice thing. The gameplay get repetitive and annoying at parts.

Hate Assasins Creed. Most overated game ever.

Oburi said:
I'm wondering if any of you guys (and girls) will be playing the new Tekken? Tekken 6 I believe. Looks amazing but I already have Soul Calibur 4 and my friends and I still play that so should I really go out and drop $60 on another fighting game?

Depends, are you familiar with the Tekken series?

If you are, then I'm sure you are aware of what you could be possibly getting yourself into.

Most of the characters retain their mechanics from 5, with minor tweaks (and very few new moves for certain characters)

The game is fun, I'll give it that, and the character models are more beautiful than ever, but it's just another tekken game with the same old same old (and coming from a guy who plays every version of street fighter, this is something to think about)

Aazealh

Administrator
Staff member
Oburi said:
Hate Assasins Creed. Most overated game ever.

No way. Even if you dislike the game, it's still remarkably well-crafted. The fact the missions are repetitive doesn't detract from that. Personally I enjoyed it a lot.

Ya I need to pick up assassin's creed before II comes out. Or should it really matter at all I play the first one before the second?

Aazealh

Administrator
Staff member
ori said:
Ya I need to pick up assassin's creed before II comes out. Or should it really matter at all I play the first one before the second?

It matters. A part of the plot will be lost on you otherwise, and most importantly you won't be able to appreciate the (supposed) leap between the first to the second game. :void:

Scorpio

Courtesy of Grail's doodling.
handsome rakshas said:
Very cool, the bad news is I found a game at a used cd store today that I haven't played since I was a kid.
Actraiser! Super Castlevania IV may be on the backburner for now. Maybe I'll just go through them both. I am REALLY into SNES right now.

I've also been playing a lot of SNES lately. My friend and I have been going through a bunch of my games and so far we've beaten Turtles in Time on hard, Contra III on normal (we may go for hard later in the future, but it's a daunting task) and are now starting on Smash TV.

Gotta love the classics.

Oburi

All praise Grail
What about Borderlands? I'm thinking I might pick this up. Also Dragon Age looks nice too. Dammit between these and Tekken 6 now I'm hurting my head. Can someone make up my mind please :sad: I'm leaning towards Borderlands, that looks like it may be the most fun.

Oburi said:
What about Borderlands? I'm thinking I might pick this up. Also Dragon Age looks nice too. Dammit between these and Tekken 6 now I'm hurting my head. Can someone make up my mind please :sad: I'm leaning towards Borderlands, that looks like it may be the most fun.

I thought Borderlands looked pretty cool, but after watching GameTrailers' review, I kinda changed my mind. Seemed too repetitive and it's like it's trying too hard to be like a parody of Fallout 3 or something. I haven't actually played it though, so maybe I got the wrong impression.

Now I'm playing StarCraft: Broodwar. I'm getting kinda sick of it, I shouldn't have played the expansion right after I finished the original campaign. :mozgus:

handsome rakshas

Thanks Grail!
Scorpio said:
I've also been playing a lot of SNES lately. My friend and I have been going through a bunch of my games and so far we've beaten Turtles in Time on hard, Contra III on normal (we may go for hard later in the future, but it's a daunting task) and are now starting on Smash TV.

Gotta love the classics.

You have an excellent taste in games! Contra 3 is such a rewarding and nerve racking game when you play it with a friend. Anyway, it might just be the whole rose tinted glasses thing but Actraiser isn't as god as I expected. (That was a pun not a typo) Super Castlevania IV coming soon! I also picked up Kinghts of the Round for SNES, which is rare but I can't pass up beat em' up games. The gameplay is terrible. Anyone wanna trade? I also picked up Final Fight 2 which isn't bad. If anyone has any SNES games for trade hit me up!

handsome rakshas said:
Anyway, it might just be the whole rose tinted glasses thing but Actraiser isn't as good as I expected. If anyone has any SNES games for trade hit me up!

Actraiser definitely takes some time getting used to, the whole game is about building cities but after you have finished building that city you are at you actually get to play stages and kill the boss at the end of the stage, so that part is basically like Castlevania except you have a sword instead of a whip. I have never played Actraiser, I only know this because my sister actually enjoys playing this game. I used to watch her play it and when you get to play the stages it looks pretty fun, building the cities however not so much. PM me if you'd like about the SNES games, maybe we can come to a deal about something. :carcus:

Walter

Administrator
Staff member
http://www.torchlightgame.com/

I bought this about 15 minutes after playing the demo. Game's awesome. It's basically cartoon Diablo, and it's a clone down to the smallest details, just with modern graphics and an "underground" setting. All the small touches are Diablo II to the core (hm, I wonder if it'll view dropped items if I hold alt .... yep), but if you can get over that rip-off factor, any fan of Diablo will undoubtedly dig this game. It's $20 on Steam, where I also played the demo.

Johnstantine

Skibbidy Boo Bop
Playing Metal Gear Solid 4. I've been playing it since it was released.

That just goes to show just how much time I don't have to play my beloved PS3. :judo:

Oburi

All praise Grail
Breed1Ghost said:
Not sure if its happing everywhere but Best Buy has a sale going on buy 2 games get one free

Thank you! I may just be able to grab Borderlands, tekken 6 and Dragon Age!

Well I finished Super Castlevania IV yesterday, some of the stages were pretty hard but once you get used to playing them over and over again they become quite easy. :iva: The bosses in Super Castlevania IV were actually really easy, especially the fight with Dracula.It's much more easier to kill him unlike in the first Castlevania. Well I think I will start replaying Ocarina of Time since I have really been itching to play it again. I had my hands full with the Castlevania games but not anymore.

Top Bottom