What Are You Playing?

I'm currently playing through Grim Fandango, even though I got Brutal Legend today; I've not checked it out yet though.

That torchlight looks pretty good, is it just a stop-gap till diablo III though? :serpico:

I found my Diablo 1 disk the other day, I may have to make an iso of it and run it on my netbook :guts:

SaiyajinNoOuji

I'm still better than you
Manjou said:
I'm currently playing through Grim Fandango, even though I got Brutal Legend today; I've not checked it out yet though.

That torchlight looks pretty good, is it just a stop-gap till diablo III though? :serpico:

I found my Diablo 1 disk the other day, I may have to make an iso of it and run it on my netbook :guts:

How should I put this.... it really is what Diablo should be like. There are a lot of neat things that this game does that make the whole expierence a fun one. Its only 20 buck's and its well worth it.

I am currently playing Torchlight now (I hate you Walter) and trying to play Dungeons and Dragons Online at the same time and welp, im torn. :judo:

handsome rakshas

Thanks Grail!
slan69 said:
Well I finished Super Castlevania IV yesterday, some of the stages were pretty hard but once you get used to playing them over and over again they become quite easy. :iva: The bosses in Super Castlevania IV were actually really easy and especially the fight with Dracula, much more easier to kill him unlike in the first Castlevania. Well I think I will start replaying Ocarina of Time since I have really been itching to play it again, I had my hands full with the Castlevania games but not anymore.

Congrats my dear, I'm still running through that one myself. While I find the look of the game very drab (Dracula X is quite colorful in comparison) the gameplay is really top notch. The multidirectional whipping is a godsend and I finally got used to the whip swinging. Gameplay wise it holds up to later games in the series like Dracula X, but you can't jump when you're on the stairs which is kind of a pain. Music wise, it's fantastic! I don't think I've ever been so pumped up in the first level of a game and when Theme of Simon kicks in it gets me every time. Also I like the fact you could whip tickle which makes lesser enemies much easier. Super Castlevania IV really combines some of the best gameplay elements in the series, I wish it was a little more colorful.

Dar_Klink

Last Guardian when? - CyberKlink 20XX before dying
I started playing this JRPG for DS called Nostalgia. It might as well be called Generic JRPG 48. It's predictable and barely attempts to do anything new or interesting. The only thing that slightly sets it apart is the airship battles, which are just like regular battles except for you use the airship's weapons to attack and use airship skills specific to certain characters. I might try to push through it a bit more and see if the story at least gets interesting, but it's not likely. I'm hoping I can start saving money again to afford a PS3 so I can start playing stuff like Demon Souls, Uncharted, and other stuff I missed out on so far.

Walter

Administrator
Staff member
Darklink286 said:
I started playing this JRPG for DS called Nostalgia. It might as well be called Generic JRPG 48. It's predictable and barely attempts to do anything new or interesting. The only thing that slightly sets it apart is the airship battles, which are just like regular battles except for you use the airship's weapons to attack and use airship skills specific to certain characters.
Yeah I was following that game for a while, since it's by the developers of the DS Final Fantasy remakes, which I really liked. But from what I've read, this thing pushes the limits ... of RPGs in 1995.

Right now, I'm playing Resident Evil 4, a very well-made and quite interesting game for PS2, but of course you all know it. Can't wait to try RE5.

Oburi

All praise Grail
I picked up Borderlands last night and my friend and I played it on co-op for a few hours...

honestly, nothing special. It was kinda boring, we ended putting in GTA4 and went on killing spree's. When all these new games fail to deliver you can always count on some good GTA action for some fun :guts:

handsome rakshas

Thanks Grail!
November is Handsome's Megadrive madness month!

I've been busting robot ass with Madison and Crystal in Trouble Shooter, and kicking some medieval keister in Elemental Master and Wings of Wor. Does anyone have any Genesis/Megadrive shmups they'd like to part with? My JVC X-Eye can play them all! Just biding my time until someone buys me the GOTY edition of Fallout 3 for my birthday/Christmas.

JVC X-Eye?! Awesome! I've got a SegaCD in my bedroom and have been playing Sylpheed, and then sometimes I'll play Ranger-X and S&K. LOVE me some Sega games!

handsome rakshas

Thanks Grail!
01010111 said:
JVC X-Eye?! Awesome! I've got a SegaCD in my bedroom and have been playing Sylpheed, and then sometimes I'll play Ranger-X and S&K. LOVE me some Sega games!

Aw man, you gotta throw away Sylpheed and grab Lords of Thunder or Android Assault! Ranger X is really good though.

Yeah my X-Eye is my favorite system that I own and I plan on doing an S-Video Mod real soon. Glad the Sega shmups are still appreciated!

Lords of Thunder is where you're like an angel or something right? I played a little bit of it, was cool. I just love the crazy HOLY CRAP 3D feeling I get when I play Sylpheed, I feel like a kid playing a 3D game for the first time every time I play. Also, I'm not too good at shooters :)

Ko Ninja

¯\(O_o)/¯ クー
Wow... has it been this long already? Demon's Souls really had quite the demonic grip on me. Your forgiveness... please. What a fantastic game, if you haven't played it yet.

Played Sylpheed for PS2 over at my friend's house, expected it to be awful (I've been judging it harshly for years now based on it's BLINDING cover art), but it was actually pretty super fun. It wasn't a challenge (well, it was for us, since we're horrible at scrolling shooters), but I was impressed with the environments!

Proj2501 said:
But like Swine Flu, I caught the Modern Warfare 2 virus and I got it bad.

Your not the only one Proj.:iva: Anyways I have been thinking about getting Demon's Souls or Dragon Age: Origins, honestly I am not quite sure which one to get, I may need some help here from you guys to make my decision.:farnese:

Oburi

All praise Grail
slan69 said:
Your not the only one Proj.:iva: Anyways I have been thinking about getting Demon's Souls or Dragon Age: Origins, honestly I am not quite sure which one to get, I may need some help here from you guys to make my decision.:farnese:

Dragon Age. I made the mistake of getting Borderlands over it a while ago, then the Dragon Age thread kinda blew up and now I'm regretting it. I'll return it any day now.

slan69 said:

They are both awesome buys you cant go wrong with either of them. I would get both or I would get Demon since it may get hard to find. I dunno but you cant go wrong with either.

Saephon

Die young and save yourself
There are way too many games out/coming out in the next few months. Currently I have on my plate: Demon's Souls, Borderlands, Dragon Age, Modern Warfare 2; and I was already on the tail end of a super-hardcore-replay of FFXII.

And then there's that God of War 1 and 2 bundle for PS3 soon... :judo:

Modern warfare 2...pc keeps freezing for some reason...cant figure out what it is or why it's happening. mw2 runs beautifully and I dont even have that high end of a machine.

I just recently finished ICO for the third time, and now I'm playing Shadow of the Colossus again. I don't know which is my favorite.

Ko Ninja

¯\(O_o)/¯ クー
Adventures to Go! (PSP), Bayonetta (360), and Culdcept DS for the bazillionth time(DS). I've also got Dragon Age: Origins, Nobunaga's Ambition: Rise to Power, and Nobunaga's Ambition: Iron Triangle on my follow up. So much is out too!

turkitage

ターク
I've been playing Blazblue on playstation 3 - cause you CAN'T play it on an xbox 360 garbage D-Pad controller - and I've been loving it!

also.. for whatever reason I started some final fantasy VI - anthology: since i can play it on ps3 as well... man i've been this game so many times.

Top Bottom