What Are You Playing?

Aazealh

Administrator
Staff member
GASKA said:
Ico and Colussus are both action adventure game wether you like it or not. And Bioshock and Fallout are both FPS, Fallout being an RPG too but nonethless both are FPS and both take place in almost the same time period as far as I'm concerned.

Seriously man, you don't know what the hell you're talking about, so why don't you just let it go? Do you seriously believe Ico and DMC are the same type of game? Stop taking those awkward labels ("action-adventure") literally and think about it for a second. It's ridiculous. And just because a game has you playing from a first-person perspective does not actually make it a FPS. Bonus points for the Fallout/Bioshock time period comment.

P.S. Hexen > Shadow of the Colossus :troll:

Walter

Administrator
Staff member
GASKA said:
Ico and Colussus are both action adventure game wether you like it or not.
This is some hilarious nonsense. Seriously, what business does the word "action" have describing ICO? The limited stick-hitting combat makes it an action game on par with Devil May Cry? Do you realize how ridiculous that sounds?

By that logic, Banjo Kazooie is in the same genre. Action games. But Banjo also has some RPG-like qualities, like having dialogue and colors. But is it better than Final Fantasy VII?

And Bioshock and Fallout are both FPS, Fallout being an RPG too but nonethless both are FPS and both take place in almost the same time period as far as I'm concerned.
Same time period? Really? So, 195X = 227X? I suppose you mean the art direction is similar (even though it's not). Why didn't you just say that instead of the blatantly erroneous "same time period"?

Other than that they don't have much in common.
Ok, so why even bother saying that playing Fallout 3 spoiled your BioShock experience? You already admitted they have nothing in common except for the perspective they're played from. So, what's a better FPS, Unreal Tournament III or Eye of the Beholder? Theyre in the same genre, right?

G

GASKA

okeydokey, then what the hell would you call Ico and Colussus? pfft, I don't really care at this point. As for Bioshock...when I played through Fallout 3 I thought it was amazing!! I haven't been so lost in a game since Okami (I think). Let me point out I'm not into FPS in the first place. After Fallout I decided to check out Bioshock because I heard good things. I came to the conclusion that Bioshock is overhyped shit and Fallout 3 is legendary. So you asked why did Fallout spoil my Bioshock experience? Well according to my standards, Fallout 3 set the tone. Deus EX, blah blah (enter any other FPS adventure RPG or whatever genres you people lable games as) won't have shit on Fallout. The only FPS game that comes close is the Metroid Prime series and BREAKDOWN for XBOX. Now there is an underated game. I haven't played Mass Effect 1 or 2 but I would LOVE to. Too bad for me I hate XBOX.

GASKA said:
The only FPS game that comes close is the Metroid Prime series and BREAKDOWN for XBOX. Now there is an underated game. I haven't played Mass Effect 1 or 2 but I would LOVE to. Too bad for me I hate XBOX.

If you say that Breakdown for the XBOX is an underrated game then why the hell do you hate XBOX. That really doesn't make much sense as the game is only for the XBOX. :schierke: By the way you seemed to have dodged Aaz's question.

[quote author=Aazealh]You just don't like Bayonetta's curves as much as Dante's manly pecs, is that it?[/quote]
:carcus:

Daijyashin

Berserk is Divine and Human
GASKA said:
okeydokey, then what the hell would you call Ico and Colussus? pfft, I don't really care at this point.

Ah! Come on! Are you still insisting with those comparisons?! I never heard something like that with so much belief.
I don't know what to add to the explanations of Aaz and Walter, trying to show you some elementary differences between Ico and Shadow toward DMC.

Even trying to think that you're right, I don't even know how to argue this weird belief.

Try to explain some REAL reason for this comparison(reliable please, not only the fact that the main character jump and wield a sword..even in Alundra that happens quite often I guess) if you can, or please, don't bother again with this idea.

Aazealh

Administrator
Staff member
GASKA said:
what the hell would you call Ico and Colussus?

First off, ICO and Shadow of the Colossus aren't really the same kind of game. ICO's gameplay is mostly centered around puzzles, and its unique gameplay mechanic is the fact you have to care for Yorda as you go along. Shadow of the Colossus is a lot more action-oriented, everybody will tell you that (including Fumito Ueda). Second, games don't actually have to fit into preconceived, restrictive genres. Those are informative at best and hardly authoritative at all. They might have more or less worked 25 years ago but they don't anymore.

GASKA said:
So you asked why did Fallout spoil my Bioshock experience? Well according to my standards, Fallout 3 set the tone. Deus EX, blah blah (enter any other FPS adventure RPG or whatever genres you people lable games as) won't have shit on Fallout. The only FPS game that comes close is the Metroid Prime series and BREAKDOWN for XBOX. Now there is an underated game.

But Fallout 3 is not a FPS. It's a role playing game. Sure, it's played from a first-person perspective, and sure, you shoot things in it. But it's not a FPS. Now, I could also argue that the Metroid Prime games have little to nothing in common with Crysis or Call of Duty but I don't think it's really worth the trouble. Any sensible person will know what I mean. The others can keep living in their little world where King's Field is just like Mirror's Edge.

GASKA said:
I haven't played Mass Effect 1 or 2 but I would LOVE to. Too bad for me I hate XBOX.

Too bad, the Mass Effect series has action and adventure so it's pretty much just like Devil May Cry, ICO or Ôkami, and it's set in the same time period than Fallout 3 and Bioshock too! :troll:

G

GASKA

Aazealh and slan69 please kiss my ass. Since you guys already know everything there's no point in teaching you anything because you already know it. Why don't you both get off my back and quit looking down on me? I'm kinda happy we don't see eye to eye. I'd hate to think like you, and to tell the truth, I actually feel sorry for you.

GASKA said:
Aazealh and slan69 please kiss my ass. Since you guys already know everything there's no point in teaching you anything because you already know it. Why don't you both get off my back and quit looking down on me? I'm kinda happy we don't see eye to eye. I'd hate to think like you, and to tell the truth, I actually feel sorry for you.
Yeah I bet you would hate to think like me and Aaz. Unlike you we actually have something called a brain. And you still have not told us if you like Dante's manly pecs or Bayonetta's curves. I'll just go ahead and assume you like Dante's manly pecs. :carcus:

Aazealh said:
Too bad, the Mass Effect series has action and adventure so it's pretty much just like Devil May Cry, ICO or Ôkami, and it's set in the same time period than Fallout 3 and Bioshock too! :troll:
:ganishka:

Griffith

With the streak of a tear, Like morning dew
GASKA said:

I feel sorry for them too. :ganishka:

On the other hand, this all fills me with such nostalgia for the old days. :guts:

Oburi

All praise Grail
GASKA said:

1261837489089.gif

Aazealh

Administrator
Staff member
GASKA said:
Aazealh and slan69 please kiss my ass.

Careful now, if you're disrespectful to the lady I'm going to have to be a meanie. :azan:

GASKA said:
Since you guys already know everything there's no point in teaching you anything because you already know it.

Finally someone who understands! :troll:

GASKA said:
Why don't you both get off my back and quit looking down on me?

":judo:"

GASKA said:
The only FPS game that comes close is the Metroid Prime series

The funniest thing here is the fact that Fallout 3 can be fully played on a third person perspective without having to directly point the gun (by using VATS). :ganishka:

I just finished Indigo Prophecy and man, I have never seen a videogame fall so much... it just went totally downhill. They really destroyed the whole story, the dialogues became truly laughable at some point, and the gameplay just got old and repetitive. Way to destroy a game with a great beginning.

Dar_Klink

Last Guardian when? - CyberKlink 20XX before dying
Eluvei said:
I just finished Indigo Prophecy and man, I have never seen a videogame fall so much... it just went totally downhill. They really destroyed the whole story, the dialogues became truly laughable at some point, and the gameplay just got old and repetitive. Way to destroy a game with a great beginning.
Hobo Illuminati :iva:

Also, did you guys know that Berserk and Vagabond take place in the same time period? They both have swords! My mind was blown. :troll:

Aazealh

Administrator
Staff member
Eluvei said:

What, you mean you didn't like the PURPLE CLAN? Still, I rate Indigo Prophecy higher than Crash Bandicoot on my action game list.

By the way, which fighting game do you prefer between these:

1) Double Dragon 2
2) Street Fighter 2
3) Shenmue 2

Walter

Administrator
Staff member
Eluvei said:
I haven't played it yet (bought it over the holidays like everyone else) but from what I know of its development, apparently they ran out of time, and didn't have time to do what they wanted with the game.

Dar_Klink

Aazealh said:

1) Double Dragon 2
2) Street Fighter 2
3) Shenmue 2
You forgot to put in No More Heroes Aaz! That's my favorite.

GASKA said:
Looks to me like this thread was ruined before it started :ganishka:

I think GASKA thinks he's funny. Anyways back on topic, I just wanted to ask you guys is Mass Effect better for the PC or the XBOX 360? I still have not made up my mind yet on which to purchase it for. :farnese: I would love to start playing as soon as possible.

Dar_Klink

slan69 said:
I think GASKA thinks he's funny. Anyways back on topic, I just wanted to ask you guys is Mass Effect better for the PC or the XBOX 360? I still have not made up my mind yet on which to purchase it for. :farnese:
Depends... if you have a good enough PC to play it on high graphics, play it for PC. Or maybe you'd prefer to have it on your 1080p 52 inch tv? :carcus:

Walter said:
I haven't played it yet (bought it over the holidays like everyone else) but from what I know of its development, apparently they ran out of time, and didn't have time to do what they wanted with the game.

Judging from the ending, I think that if they did what they wanted to, it would have been even worse! I'm glad they ran out of time! :troll:

Aazealh said:

1) Double Dragon 2
2) Street Fighter 2
3) Shenmue 2

Enter the Dragon. Not sure it qualifies as a game though, but they are all part of a tournament, which is kinda like a game so it must be a game so that's my final answer!

slan69 said:
I think GASKA thinks he's funny. Anyways back on topic, I just wanted to ask you guys is Mass Effect better for the PC or the XBOX 360? I still have not made up my mind yet on which to purchase it for. :farnese:

Well, he did make everyone laugh at him.

Mass Effect is originally an XBOX game. If you have a choice, play it on the console.
Mass Effect 2 came out for X360 and PC simultaneously, so it probably makes no difference.

Aazealh

Administrator
Staff member
My favorite action-adventure game is Tobal n°1.

slan69 said:
Anyways back on topic, I just wanted to ask you guys is Mass Effect better for the PC or the XBOX 360? I still have not made up my mind yet on which to purchase it for. :farnese: I would love to start playing as soon as possible.

Well you have to take into account that the gameplay's designed around the Xbox 360 controller. Some menus are easier to navigate on PC when it comes to Mass Effect 1, but overall they're not that bad of a hassle on the console version anyway. Lastly, I personally think the game should be enjoyed on a big ass TV. :badbone:

Top Bottom